ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Two-stroke street bike
Reply #15 - 01/24/20 at 16:23:56

Juliana wrote on 01/22/20 at 22:31:45:
Yes you are crazy but as you say why not? haha.

Might be better and easier ( and cheaper ) than the route i took restoring a stroker.

Ahh the vibration, the smoke , the consumption, the no brakes!! Still, on a crisp autumn morning it hits the spot just right .My titan 74

--------------------

My first street bike was a 73 Titan I "stole" from my old man.  Didn't appreciate it as much as I would now.  I let my buddy take it to collage and he abandoned it when he couldn't get it running.   Angry

IP Logged
Juliana

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/24/20 at 22:10:54

Haha i feel for you. If its any consolation you would probably be horrified at some of the down sides and would think..I actually rode this thing every day???? !!!

If i use the Titan in anger ( rarely ) i can get about 25mpg haha and vibration so bad just keeping my feet on the pegs is a challenge.

But at 60 to 70 mph its still sweet.  Smiley

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #17 - 01/26/20 at 07:53:31

Kick starter on the left was never a picnic either.  I see them come up for sale every so often, but the more practical side of me points out that having two bikes isn't what I really want.  That said, I still love old 2-strokes.  Such simple machines.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #18 - 01/28/20 at 10:10:26

Oh, I hear ya.  My very first street bike was a '75 Yamaha RD200.  The power band on that little bike was insane.  And yeah, it didn't have near the brakes it needed.
Mine looked exactly like this one.

RD200_1975.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #19 - 01/28/20 at 11:33:58

I had the 350cc version. a very good motorcycle especially if you compared it with the mess that also came on the market at that time.
In the first and 2nd gear, guaranteed a weely.

It accelerated faster than the kawasaki mach 500 3 cylinder.
Which I also had, and also his bigger brother the 750cc 2 stroke.

Beautiful machine, s

Believe it or not but my first motorcycle was the kawazaki 500 Smiley I was totally in love. The sound was incredible.

It was fast. But it also vibrated terribly.
At 90 miles the steering bars felt twice as thick.
The frame was not solid at all, I eventually put it away because of the speed wobbles.

I now regret it terribly :'(

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
DesertCat

Reply #20 - 01/28/20 at 14:42:21

This was my first real bike (a Honda 90 was my first bike), a 1970 Kawasaki H1.  This isn't my bike -- I haven't taken the time to scan the old photos -- but it looked just like this.  I loved that bike, as bad handling as it was.  I remember the asking price:  $999.  That was 50 years ago.

Kawasaki-H1-3.jpg
  IP Logged
DesertCat

Reply #21 - 01/31/20 at 12:18:11

I don't think Honda ever made a large displacement two-stroke street bike.  I think they made one or two for racing purposes last century and I think they have a new patent on a fuel-injected two-stroke engine, but I think Honda skipped that mid 60's to late 70s two-stroke street bike phase.

But they weren't sitting doing nothing -- they came out with the 1969 CB750, a revolution in  motorcycle engines.  A design that is still used today by the big four and BMW (K1200S and S1000R).  The engine we call a UJM today.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 02:30:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Two-stroke street bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.