Send Topic Print
Larger gas tank ?? (Read 72 times)
GaryR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Larger gas tank ??
01/18/20 at 17:40:13

I am moving back to Wyoming shortly, which a look at the roadmap reminded me how spreadout it is! 100 miles between has stations is not just a myth!

Short of strapping on a gas can, has one here ether enlarged the stock tank or replaced it with a larger tank?

3 to 4 gallons would give little bike a more comfortable range. For the record I don't want to ride the bike for 3 hour with out getting off and stretching the back and legs!! Just don't want to be stretching my legs walking with a gas can
Thanks

« Last Edit: 01/18/20 at 21:02:47 by GaryR »  
  IP Logged
Irish Bill
YaBB Newbies

O'l Skool Street
Bobbers Rule

Fenimore, New York
Re: Larger has tank ??
Reply #1 - 01/18/20 at 18:47:20

I'm looking at doing the same thing... Been using a water bottle to carry spare gas... TC Bros has them for $17.00...

img_4435.jpg

1996 Suzuki Savage Street Bobber, Arlen Ness Air Filter, El Diablo Ape Hangers, Kuryakyn Flame Mirrors with more parts to come...
WWW   IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2 - 01/18/20 at 18:50:40

There have been a few discussions on this site about larger gas tanks - it's a common item on people's wishlist.

I don't think anyone has found a larger tank that simply bolts on. Those who have upgraded the tank have had to make modifications to the mounts etc. You'll also have to contend with a new speedometer and turn signals indicator setup.

It's worth doing a Google search on this site as most of the info is embedded in conversations and/or 'bike build' topics.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Irish Bill
YaBB Newbies

O'l Skool Street
Bobbers Rule

Fenimore, New York
Reply #3 - 01/18/20 at 18:58:12

I was reading the other night that the Savage 2019 has a 4.8 gallon tank... I am heading to the local Suzuki shop on Tuesday... I will let ya know the price of it... Thats if they carry them...

sdfghyutrde.png

1996 Suzuki Savage Street Bobber, Arlen Ness Air Filter, El Diablo Ape Hangers, Kuryakyn Flame Mirrors with more parts to come...
WWW   IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #4 - 01/18/20 at 20:21:09

Sorry, but that is a typo. Look at the curb weight. Still the same as it is for the 2.8 gallon tank. If it was really a 4.8 gallon tank the weight would be about 15 pounds more.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #5 - 01/18/20 at 20:32:50

NNR Boot, ya had me excited there for a moment!! I😎

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Larger gas tank ??
Reply #6 - 01/19/20 at 09:27:26

The 4.8 gallon tank is a typo - they all have the same 2.8 gallon tank.

Do a search for the larger gas tanks, it has been discussed a couple times every year.  Smokin_Blue is a member who has a thread to show how he did it.....nothing is "bolt on" and fabrication will be necessary.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 09:45:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Larger gas tank ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.