Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I love these tarriffs, can I have more please. (Read 49 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

I love these tarriffs, can I have more please.
01/11/20 at 06:55:52

Like WTF ???
I bought a nice solid metal beautifully painted perfect gas tank.
$34 and it arrived in 5 working days.
Seriously I remember easily forking out 100 for my used KZ440 tank 15-18 yrs ago. There is the model that matches that, I bought the one I thought works better on a savage.

How does anyone make a case that tariffs are hurting me the consumer. I actually make a case that its not hard enough to spur the American manufacturers to make tanks.
They make bicycles and a few other things after the 2year tariff war with trump, maybe a year or 2 more and we'll see tanks made in the US too.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I love these tarriffs, can I have more please.
Reply #1 - 01/11/20 at 07:32:57

Money out of pocket to buy from an importer causes businesses to hunt another source.

Be it
Taxes, which Caused our manufacturing to run out of America
Or
Tariffs
Coupled with a more friendly tax structure at home, which invites them back..

Getting lefties to see that, otoh, seems impossible.

They are all against tariffs, but for taxes, even after they WATCHED manufacturers leave.

Brilliant..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/11/20 at 11:33:46

I'd say the purchase of one gas tank is not exactly a good way to assess global trade.

Bottom line is people will cherry-pick data to find the portions that prove what they want to hear.

Some tariffs have increased cost to the US consumer, some have not, and some have decreased cost.  If I buy server parts or seed, cost is up, so obviously tariffs have raised prices.

If I buy EL panel the cost is lower, so obviously tariffs have not effected the consumer.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/11/20 at 13:33:00

Missing the point Eegore.

I am looking for where tariffs hurt the consumer where it re builds the manufacturing - I thought metal would be a good spot to get that type of effect as opposed to say electronics or labor heavy crap.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 01/11/20 at 21:27:02

He's not
Missing
Anything..
He's DODGING the obvious
And
Trying to redirect the conversation.

Tariffs increase the costs to consumers..
Unless the situation changes..
I'll spell some of it out, because otherwise, lefties will pretend the obvious truth isn't obvious or true,,
So, when tariffs are enacted, as Trump did, some costs to consumers went up.
Some costs continue to be high, but the economy is kicking azz, so it's okay.
Aaaaand lefties point out
If the economy is so great, why are businesses going broke?
Uhh, businesses have been going Out of business since at least last week... doofi,,,
Pay attention.
Dumbasses,,

Don't forget Amazon,

And the same people who screamed about the cost to the consumer caused by tariffs are stupid enough to believe that TAXING the corporation doesn't do the exact same thing.
Fukking idiots.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/11/20 at 21:53:09

I've posted offer 200 pages of WTO data when this came up the first time that nobody even bothered to look at.  A very extensive, and accurate report was done, posted here by someone else and the response was along the lines that only a geek would read it.

I assume this is because anecdotal information is easier to deal with and will 100% of the time be in your favor.

""I actually make a case that its not hard enough to spur the American manufacturers to make tanks.""

This addresses one item that may or may not even be impacted by the tariffs.  Is the tank being bought from a manufacturer that moved to the US due to tariffs?  Which ones?  What ratios?  How do we know the planning stages weren't done prior to tariff implementation?

Because one item is cheaper and manufactured in the US is not evidence of tariff success.

If I buy one item and its more expensive than overseas manufacture because of US labor laws, then tariffs hurt the consumer by this logic.  

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #6 - 01/12/20 at 01:28:27

The tariffs arent going to bring manufacturing to the States too much.  Dealing with the EPA and everything else that restricts business is why its so prohibitive.

In these other countries they just pollute and work people to death.  Its not going to change.  Add the tariff and its still cheaper to make stuff outside of the country.

What do you want, a polluted place to live or local manufacturing jobs?  Its hard to have the best of both worlds.

I have a hard time believing that tank was made in a western country.  A tank has to take at least 20 hours to make I would imagine. 20 hours divided by $34, I dont think I want to make $1.70 an hour, do you?

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 01/12/20 at 05:39:14

SpamyToo wrote on 01/12/20 at 01:28:27:
The tariffs arent going to bring manufacturing to the States too much.  Dealing with the EPA and everything else that restricts business is why its so prohibitive.

In these other countries they just pollute and work people to death.  Its not going to change.  Add the tariff and its still cheaper to make stuff outside of the country.

What do you want, a polluted place to live or local manufacturing jobs?  Its hard to have the best of both worlds.

I have a hard time believing that tank was made in a western country.  A tank has to take at least 20 hours to make I would imagine. 20 hours divided by $34, I dont think I want to make $1.70 an hour, do you?

I agree on the pollution as well as using political prisoner labor etc and working people to death.
However this tank and the 3 other tanks they make is no where near 20 hrs labor. Its likely completely automated and maybe 5-15 min manyal labor per tank, mostly in the packaging of it, in fact they even bagged  cap and petcock. Now the added question is, I have had other stuff shipped from china which cost me less than cost of shipping it next door.
Something is off there as well. And it works against the US based sellers. I cant ship my amplifier (for example) for less than what they sell and ship it from china.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 01/12/20 at 07:17:28

Just walk through a dollar store.
Look at the Chinese toys, flashlight s and junk,,
No way I can ship any of it ,,
I've no idea how that works..
Talk to a postal delivery man..
Ask how they feel about Amazon..

I don't appreciate it at all.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 01/12/20 at 08:34:22

I wanna make 40 bucks a hour, flipping hamburgers.....

Then the world will be happy, ever after.

Economics, emotions, wants, and needs, stir in politics.....

You go taste it.

Everyone has a different palate.

Go figger.

Now, lets just fix it......make it fair.

Everyone gets the same helping.

Eat up.

What you mean, not enough to even bother with.....  

It's free.....  Huh

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 01/12/20 at 10:06:31

"I have had other stuff shipped from china which cost me less than cost of shipping it next door.
Something is off there as well."

Its called the International Postal Union developed during the Treaty of Bern.  While at first glance it seems like a scam it has been what many consider the most beneficial UN treaty for international communication.

We are a class 1 country and China is still considered class 3.

In 2010 I believe we voted to keep lower classified countries terminal dues low.  It took 5 years for that to backfire with e-commerce creating a larger import than export trend in the US.  A recent compromise spurred by the Trade War will result in an adjustment where the US can self-declare terminal dues up to 70% starting in July.

http://www.upu.int/en/the-upu/the-upu.html

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 01/13/20 at 03:12:04

I knew it was some crap like that, china uses US postal system which is bankrupt BTW to deliver sheite from NY or CA to me for free while the postal money order commissions that were supposed to be paid to send $$$ to china have been subverted by paypal, there by bankrupting the postal system, along with Idiots who use Priority mail boxes for moving and as file cabinet dividers or to keep their groceries etc. - Trust me I know all 3 along with Idiots who have a "warehouse" full of crap they sell on ebay for ridiculous asking $$$ so nothing sells, and its all going to the dump - with 1000's of priority mail boxes.

I think that class 3 for china ends when they used political or protest against some BS like land confiscation etc prisoners to make their sheitte as well as doing "infrastructure" in tiber to rob them of all the lithium etc etc. You bet the Chinese think it was "most beneficial"

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 04:17:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I love these tarriffs, can I have more please.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.