Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
John oliver - fair or unfair ???? (Read 93 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

John oliver - fair or unfair ????
12/27/19 at 15:15:26

I like a lot of his last week tonight articles and some stuff like about stadiums and many other things were absolutely hilarious and spot on atleast that's what I thought till now.

Now he's whaling on Bob Murray of Murray energy and I'm enjoying it.

And he says Trump said he was pro coal and what not and I'm so on board, then he drops this clunker. Being pro coal, trump seems to be pro CEO of coal companies, who seem to be shafting the workers while enriching themselves … and boom it hit me like a shot to my forehead.

Every drucking industry is that way. CEO and managers make more and more, shafting the workers, replacing them with more and more illegal or legal slave wage workers at every step of the way. Big Coal fights regulations, big tech fights any scrutiny or any restrictions for importing cheaper and questionably qualified workers, big food fights for getting illegals to replace minimum wage workers with per piece "contractors" who make below minimum wage or we get crappy food due to their need for speed, and so on and so on.

Lop sided seems to be the name of the game. Nothing is untrue, but it completely belies the fact that its happening in every industry regardless of the side of the political spectrum they are on.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: John oliver - fair or unfair ????
Reply #1 - 12/27/19 at 15:55:00

Yeah I would say that reducing labor costs has always been part of any industry.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/27/19 at 16:18:52

Eegore wrote on 12/27/19 at 15:55:00:
 Yeah I would say that reducing labor costs has always been part of any industry.

Cost cutting while paying out bonuses to executives. Now John Oliver is railing on about this in a lop sided fashion - that was my point.

This is also one big reason why boeing is in trouble now. Endemic problem top down, and 15+ yrs ago, they shafted a whole bunch of locals and long term employees to hire sub contractors from the company I now work for. Lots more examples I know of, just nothing has hit the fan as of yet. But then again, how many times have we had software that'll kill you - so fat. Yea planes, that's about it as of now. Cars, and everything else is all yet to happen.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 12/28/19 at 07:17:49

srinath wrote on 12/27/19 at 15:15:26:
 ... Lop sided seems to be the name of the game. Nothing is untrue, but it completely belies the fact that its happening in every industry regardless of the side of the political spectrum ...

I call it, Lying by ommision of Facts. Spin, Proprgranda.
Like the bombing reported in Somila this morning.  It was reported, 70, 72, 76, 78, killed. and 125 wounded.
YET the, Today Show reported, 'dozen's'.
1000's of Christan followers are killed world wide, yet one has to, 'search', for info.
One FDS get's a papercut from a admited UL Consertive, watch the news for a week at 5,6,& 10.

Just wondering if a teanager was holding a RPG, when a .308, 165 grain projectal contacted his crainum?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 12/28/19 at 08:08:03

MnSpring wrote on 12/28/19 at 07:17:49:
srinath wrote on 12/27/19 at 15:15:26:
 ... Lop sided seems to be the name of the game. Nothing is untrue, but it completely belies the fact that its happening in every industry regardless of the side of the political spectrum ...

I call it, Lying by ommision of Facts. Spin, Proprgranda.
Like the bombing reported in Somila this morning.  It was reported, 70, 72, 76, 78, killed. and 125 wounded.
YET the, Today Show reported, 'dozen's'.
1000's of Christan followers are killed world wide, yet one has to, 'search', for info.
One FDS get's a papercut from a admited UL Consertive, watch the news for a week at 5,6,& 10.

Just wondering if a teanager was holding a RPG, when a .308, 165 grain projectal contacted his crainum?

IMHO far more dangerous than outright lies.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/28/19 at 08:47:16

I think this depends on where you choose to get your news.

If you choose to listen to US mainstream news you are choosing to get information in this way.  Why anyone expects privately funded news channels to provide equal reporting on all issues is beyond me.

Why on Earth is anyone using the Today Show as an accurate news source?  Maybe so they can complain about it, pretty much the Stern effect.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 12/28/19 at 13:41:15

Eegore wrote on 12/28/19 at 08:47:16:
 I think this depends on where you choose to get your news.

If you choose to listen to US mainstream news you are choosing to get information in this way.  Why anyone expects privately funded news channels to provide equal reporting on all issues is beyond me.

Why on Earth is anyone using the Today Show as an accurate news source?  Maybe so they can complain about it, pretty much the Stern effect.

Yea, that and Faux news, and CBS and ABC and Katenewstoday.com and libtard.news.com, and rapabuickanewssource.com etc etc. All are either outright lysing, or lying by covering 1/2 the crap.
John Oliver was just the funniest one I have seen. This nuts is entertainment, like watching an avengers movie and a lot less stressing on the senses. As in, if yo uwanna 1/2 watch and walk in and out and get a drink and make dinner and waffle about - yea watch some egghead yak about crap just so you don't have to think about the misery of your life.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #7 - 12/29/19 at 21:37:53

@srinath

For satire to be funny it can't be fair. However this business of losing jobs in a dead end industry has been going on continuously as new technologies replace old. I mean who knew 30 years ago there's be such jobs as exist now due to the digital information technology.

The US is already 20,000 short of skilled people to install 5G, this will severely restrict them in this crucial race with china

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 12/30/19 at 05:40:47

eau de sauvage wrote on 12/29/19 at 21:37:53:
@srinath

For satire to be funny it can't be fair. However this business of losing jobs in a dead end industry has been going on continuously as new technologies replace old. I mean who knew 30 years ago there's be such jobs as exist now due to the digital information technology.

The US is already 20,000 short of skilled people to install 5G, this will severely restrict them in this crucial race with china

Not even close. The US is short of common sense managers who want to be paid massive bonuses to pump $$$ into congress to let them find slaves, and not actually find local labor who will work and have training already but who might charge a fair wage, which cuts into their bonuses.
Nursing ? same thing, IT ? Same thing. Chicken processing ? Same thing. They'd start screaming about this same "shortage" over and over. Plenty of coal miners know digging quite well, pay them enough to get them to install 5g ? don't try to shaft them and drag em out of WV or KY to nyc for $12/hr and complain when they wont and claim its a "shortage". No shortage, only shortage of common sense and good management.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 12/30/19 at 07:31:26

Eegore wrote on 12/28/19 at 08:47:16:
 Why on Earth is anyone using the Today Show as an accurate news source?

Glad you agree, NBC, is Fake News.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 12/30/19 at 08:54:12

BTW I saw more of that segment today, apparently some miners have been getting training in studying programming and Trump is cutting funding for that and hence whatever crap was about to happen.
OK first off, why its the govt's responsibility to train people to work at face book or google ??? what garbage is that ? If they're short of programmers, they need to pay people to live in whatever hell hole they have put themselves in (SFO, San Jose etc etc have 2 br apts going for 3 and 4g - so a 20K salary cos you don't know shiete wont cut it - you cant complain about not finding people with that sorta sheiete) and after the govt spends $$$ you still get H1's cos they are just "better"

Bull, TBH, don't train these people, raise the H1 filing fees to 60K right at the filing stage use part of that to fund the programming classes for these people and pay them a grand each month while they're training. Or every course they complete and pass, they get a grand. Now see if your programmer shortage still exists in 2-3 yrs.

The thing to remember is, the wealthiest people in the world now are in tech, not in oil, not in steel, not in plastic, real estate or whatever else. Both sides are being twisted to be their hand puppets and they're spending our tax $$$ to enrichen themselves.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/30/19 at 12:49:43

"Glad you agree, NBC, is Fake News."

By my definition it's not fake.  The news is real and exists, but the verbiage utilized to convey the existing events that are real are construed in a way that favors the response the investors/advertisers/primary audience wants to hear.

Fox, Infowars, CNN, Facebook, Twitter, are all the same.  The issue is just as many people that don't like CNN tune in as those that do, because they want to complain about what is being reported or how it is being reported.

At least with these comedy shows the audience is aware of how it is put together, that it is biased, and that it is not to be taken seriously.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 12/30/19 at 14:18:58

'Eegore wrote on 12/30/19 at 12:49:43:
 By my definition it's not fake.  

My definition of, 'fake news', when speaking about a really bigtime outfit like NBC,
(who is constantaly telling people, how 'fair', they are)
it is not the 'news' of a real event.
It is,  '... that it is biased...', and it is purely designed to mislead people.

And for what reason would that be ?

The vast majority of Voters, know the difference between, NBC and Onion.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 12/30/19 at 15:09:42

"And for what reason would that be ?"

In context, I was talking about Comedy Shows.  They are biased because biased is funny.  Fair honest reporting is not funny.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 12/31/19 at 05:35:03

Eegore wrote on 12/30/19 at 15:09:42:
"And for what reason would that be ?"

In context, I was talking about Comedy Shows.  They are biased because biased is funny.  Fair honest reporting is not funny.

I find no media outlet as unbiased. They all practice lying by omission or by selective coverage. The whole Epstein situation was on abc's desk complete and packaged with a bow and the british royal family squashed it by saying we're not gonna give you access to Kate etc etc. And so it died till it got out through another outlet which didn't care about Kate I guess.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 16:25:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › John oliver - fair or unfair ????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.