Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Trump's disgraceful SEAL pardon. (Read 101 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Trump's disgraceful SEAL pardon.
12/27/19 at 14:08:12

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/27/us/navy-seals-edward-gallagher-video.html

“I was listening to it, and I was just thinking, like, this is the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” Special Operator Miller, who has since been promoted to chief, told investigators.

I'm pretty sure that Trump is like 'who gives a fcuk about the filth'. However apart from the honour of the SEALS, there's the small matter of this will definitely come back at one time or another in the form of torture to any US marines captured. Whether this is factored into the equation by the navy, I'm not sure, and I'm certain that the whole procedure is complicated.

However after reading the report in the nyt, it's pretty clear how much damage Trump has done to the moral of both the command and the servicemen

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Trump's disgraceful SEAL pardon.
Reply #1 - 12/27/19 at 16:33:55

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/27/islamic-state-beheadings-christians-christmas
/

No word on those a$$holes who are still cutting off peoples heads.  As long as they are still on the Earth, the more Eddie Gallaghers that are serving the better.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/27/19 at 19:58:45

This is why civilians have no business developing military ROE or standards of conduct.

Too easy to look at one aspect, the one you don't like, of a very complex and comprehensive profession and say yeah we need a bunch of guys that will kill ISIS at any cost, while those that work along side them are concerned that someone with no self control is also responsible for keeping the team alive.

Killing isn't the issue, it's inability to be a professional.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 12/28/19 at 04:40:53

I'm sure the guy who was next in line shared those same sediments while listening to the person next to him have his head sawed off knowing he was next.....

Best regards,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/28/19 at 08:42:36

"I'm sure the guy who was next in line shared those same sediments while listening to the person next to him have his head sawed off knowing he was next....."

That's not the same argument.

It's not killing that's the issue.  Its the lack of control.  It's obvious you want special forces to go kill the enemy correct?

You need Professionals, not psychopaths.  Saying you want men who will kill anyone indiscriminately is a recipe for a lot of failure in the battlefield.  This is why all the SF men around this incident do not agree with you, but what would Navy SEALS know about being a Navy SEAL right?  Let's just let people at keyboards set the rules.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 12/28/19 at 09:37:29

If the job is to kill..
Then getting killed is a real possibility.
You want men who are risking their lives to win the battle, kill Thad guys and then behave as men in suits who closed a big deal.

I wonder what level of risk you've had to live with.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/28/19 at 11:26:20

"You want men who are risking their lives to win the battle, kill Thad guys and then behave as men in suits who closed a big deal."

No, they need to act like the trained operators they are.  Lets not act like this is a problem every SF Operator has.  I've been through Coronado, I've developed and participated in joint training exercises alongside SF for years.  All stuff I have mentioned on this forum before.  If you are going to murder unarmed captives you need to have enough self-control to not pose with the body leaving empirical evidence of your violation of the US ROE.

The man lacks self-control, he is compromising the integrity of the team.  Other SEALs have said this, but us at home must be right and his team members must be wrong.

"I wonder what level of risk you've had to live with."

I've already discussed some of this, you have commented on it in the past.  I've been to Syria, armed, Columbia, armed, Iraq, armed, been shot once in Iraq, once in Columbia both of which I have mentioned here.  Stabbed in Denver, had my bicep cut almost in half in Syria.  

So yeah, my comments I've made on here about how it's easy to have solutions from the safety of home are because my personal experiences are ones where the environment isn't so black and white.

Bottom line is this man is not capable of acting at the same level of professionalism as the rest of his Team.  Just because you don't like the "bad guys" doesn't mean SEALs can just murder people and pose with the bodies - AND - maintain their position in the US Military.  Find another job if you want to pose with dead people.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 12/28/19 at 13:29:01

Sorry dude..
I wasn't clear on who I was responding to.
Wasn't you.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 12/28/19 at 13:32:29

Eegore wrote on 12/28/19 at 08:42:36:
You need Professionals, not psychopaths.  Saying you want men who will kill anyone indiscriminately is a recipe for a lot of failure in the battlefield.

I do not believe ridding the world of an ISIS member is best described as an indiscriminate decision.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/28/19 at 19:24:46

"Sorry dude..
I wasn't clear on who I was responding to.
Wasn't you."

Ahh my mistake.

"I do not believe ridding the world of an ISIS member is best described as an indiscriminate decision."

It is when it is done in the way, with the preservation of evidence, that it was here.

Its not killing that's the issue.  Its the lack of self control.  You are saying that since it's ISIS people can do anything they want, and that logic is a sure fire way to lose.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #10 - 12/29/19 at 04:51:40

Eegore wrote on 12/28/19 at 19:24:46:
You are saying that since it's ISIS people can do anything they want,

I am not saying they can or have the opportunity, they should have the full support to eradicate them....

Best regards,

IP Logged
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Reply #11 - 12/29/19 at 05:28:12

The rules (and laws) of war do not exist to protect terrorists, insurgents, war criminals or any other unconventional forces from justice. They exist to protect us.

Yes, of course there are people with whom we will contend that know no sense of decency. That's always been the case. We need not emulate them.

Others will treat our forces as we treat them. The sort of crap this fellow did places his fellow soldiers in the crosshairs of such fighters.

There are also people with morals that aren't situational; the professionals. The armed services aren't supposed to be populated with wanna be Hannibal Lectors. They're supposed to be professionals.
That's not just because it's more effective.

They come home after.  And if they spent years torturing children, that doesn't just turn off.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/29/19 at 05:56:50

I’m having a hard time getting worked up over this. First off, why would you trust a NYT article that paints Trump in a bad light? That’s the only reason they live for so everything in the article is suspicious. A writer can make anyone into the good guy or the bad guy they want too. Go see the Richard Jewel movie for example.

In today’s world, pi$$ing on a dead terrorist and posting online isn’t smart, especially when most of the American press and the world view Israel as the bad guy and Palestinians as the abused innocents.

And I don’t buy the idea that it means future America soldiers will be tortured worse than they would be otherwise.

Eegore’s experiences are amazing and I’ll defer to most of his input on the topic but at the end of the day for me, this guy stopped people who would have blown themselves up in the middle of a daycare if they could have. Should he had reined himself in and acted like a professional soldier? Sure. But I’m not sending someone we sent over there to kill people to jail for essentially spiking the football.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 12/29/19 at 06:11:11

This photo, recovered from Chief Gallagher’s phone after the death of an Islamic State fighter, was included in an investigative report by the Navy.

The above caption from a photo in the article illustrates one of my points. Islamic State fighter? Including the phrase and going so far as to capitalize Islamic State is a purposeful method to legitimize the terrorist as valid soldiers protecting their homes from invading hordes.

Also, look up the photo in the article originally cited and count the number proudly standing over the dead terrorist. Are any of those in the article who claimed this guy was “pure evil” in the photo? If so, and it seems likely, why wouldn’t you be suspicious of their claims Gallagher was awful when they posed for this? Are all theses guys future killers of citizens once they return to the world? Are everyone of these guys responsible for future torture of captive US soldiers?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 12/29/19 at 08:15:15

Bottom line....none who have posted here, were there......past experiences in personal life, are moot, if we are to be real, and deal in facts, only....

If you want to play suppositions, as a my best guess, game, then I will lend you all some credence, but to what gain?

Fact is.....the NYT is using this event to propel its own agenda, and welfare, in effect, posing with the body, guilty of the same disregard they want to assign to others....WTF?

Folks, be very careful, using terrorism in a partisan political arena....
This was the very emotion, and intent, and outcome, terrorist hope to achieve, in these horrendous events of having to physically combat these folks in person.

On a personal side note/observation....   I can't begin to understand, maybe even use the word....appreciate those who would subject themselves to such a task, and danger...... I don't get it. Nor would I feel any great comfort in knowing a child, loved one, of mine, chose such a career undertaking....I would be a bundle of nerves, my life would be spent on worry, etc.....

These keyboard commandos are a sad, and pathetic, bunch....in my OPINION.

Yeah....journalism.....my ARSE.
These folks risk their lives, so they/others can spew their gutless rhetoric.
Reminds me of how pain medication, is a good thing, when used to its intended purpose.......NOT for self medicating and recreation, only thinking about themselves, until they become a burden on everyone else...
I view articles, stories, like this as such.....they never see the damage they cause, because they only care, about THEMSELVES.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 22:31:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trump's disgraceful SEAL pardon.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.