Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: happy merry (Read 71 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: happy merry
12/25/19 at 14:53:03

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #1 - 12/25/19 at 18:12:20

thumperclone wrote on 12/25/19 at 14:30:18:
fk all of yous  and your elephant who think don is the best

WHOA..... there buttercup.

You aren't going to drive home from the bar when it closes, are you?

Seems like you are way deep into your whine....... already.

Mercy.

BTW.....its you, who is screwing himself......not anyone else.
Become a man, take responsibility for your own situation in life, if you want real results.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/26/19 at 05:30:11

Seems somebody was throwing back a bit to much of the special eggnog.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 12/26/19 at 08:13:12

WebsterMark wrote on 12/26/19 at 05:30:11:
Seems somebody was throwing back a bit to much of the special eggnog.  

Mark.....I am thinking, wondering why, we can't hold journalist to the same malpractice exposure and rules, that we do physicians.

From their false/mistakes/lies/spin, NEWS reports, they have the same capacity to harm those consuming/using their professional product.....

This original post might reveal brain damage, from a over prescribed amount of false stimuli......?????  Undecided

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 12/26/19 at 09:26:52

raydawg wrote on 12/26/19 at 08:13:12:
Mark.....I am thinking, wondering why, we can't hold journalist to the same malpractice exposure and rules, that we do physicians.

From their false/mistakes/lies/spin, NEWS reports, they have the same capacity to harm those consuming/using their professional product.....

Fox, Tucker, Hannity, Rush, Breibart, would all go bankrupt... Grin Grin Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 12/26/19 at 09:53:07

Serowbot wrote on 12/26/19 at 09:26:52:
raydawg wrote on 12/26/19 at 08:13:12:

Fox, Tucker, Hannity, Rush, Breibart, would all go bankrupt... Grin Grin Grin

And CNN, MSNBC, etc......a good thing.

It would not abridge free speech ....no, you could still report/say what you want, only you will be held accountable for what you say....

What is wrong with that?

BTW.....I am talking journalist who are professional NEWS reporters....NOT talk show host.......

You do know the difference, yes?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/26/19 at 10:31:23

Considering that mainstream evening news is on the way out I'm not sure it will do much good in the long run.

I prefer addressing mass social media content since it impacts more people in shorter amounts of time.

Note:  This is post is specifically directed towards incorrect news content and not any other content of any kind whatsoever.  Any previous posts ever made by me in any forum in any location for any reason are not intended to be part of this post.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/26/19 at 13:48:32

Eegore wrote on 12/26/19 at 10:31:23:
 Considering that mainstream evening news is on the way out I'm not sure it will do much good in the long run.

I prefer addressing mass social media content since it impacts more people in shorter amounts of time.

Note:  This is post is specifically directed towards incorrect news content and not any other content of any kind whatsoever.  Any previous posts ever made by me in any forum in any location for any reason are not intended to be part of this post.

I hear you, but isn't the lack of a brick and mortar building......harder to police and prosecute?

I wouldn't expect much action on this effort anyway, but hopefully it might add just enough weight, to make folk think twice, about running articles like the Steele Dossier related NEWS, etc.....

How hard is it to fact check anyawy, nor is ignorance a legal excuse to exonerate from damages.....  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/26/19 at 14:30:49

"I hear you, but isn't the lack of a brick and mortar building......harder to police and prosecute?"

It depends on how one wants to police and prosecute.  If we stick to physical officers presenting warrants and putting journalists into handcuffs then yes.  My only concern is that almost no one under 30 uses CNN on TV, or printed NY Times as news anymore, so if we don't address the current large scale stuff like Instagram then prosecution is hitting the dealer on the corner while ignoring the Cartel.

I imagine Instagram has physical locations where the people that run it conduct business.  I imagine there are ways to limit the use of Instagram, or Twitter by official Government entities.  

Note:  This is post is specifically directed towards incorrect news content and not any other content of any kind whatsoever.  Any previous posts ever made by me in any forum in any location for any reason, to include the phrase "words on a screen" are not intended to be part of this post.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 12/27/19 at 09:05:28

I see your point, like "gun laws and laws against murder," they will just circumvent them, and new worthless laws, will be the resulting....
Rinse, repeat.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/27/19 at 09:21:25

I don't think laws holding people accountable for intentionally spreading false news under the guise of real news is a bad idea.

I just don't know how efficient targeting individual reporters is compared to targeting large-scale things like Twitter, given Twitter ever claims they post real information.

I'd rather see Twitter execs be prosecuted for spreading 1.6 million known false posts per day than one reporter writing one article for the New York Times.  The problem of course is that Twitter doesn't proclaim they are a "real" as in accurate news source.

Note:  This is post is specifically directed towards incorrect news content and not any other content of any kind whatsoever.  Any previous posts ever made by me in any forum in any location for any reason, to include the phrase "words on a screen" are not intended to be part of this post.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 12/27/19 at 14:09:03

I didn't know this......

NBC veteran anchor Tom Brokaw offered a Christmas mea culpa over his network's coverage from more than 20 years ago of the late heroic security guard Richard Jewell.

In recent weeks, the release of Clint Eastwood's film "Richard Jewell" has revived discussion of the events that surround the 1996 bombing at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, Ga., where Jewell -- who spotted the suspicious bag and was credited with saving countless lives -- was quickly named as a suspect of the attack by several media outlets at the time, one of them being NBC News. In fact, archival footage of Brokaw's reporting appears in the Eastwood drama.

Twenty-three years later, Brokaw expressed regret over his handling of the Jewell story.

"re Richard Jewell. 24 hours after the bombing I talked at length with a [senior] FBI official - who did not wave me off [Jewell] as a suspect," Brokaw tweeted Wednesday. "I reported that and speculated why. but my last line was for now he’s just a person of interest. When the truth emerged I apologized."

He continued: "NBC made a substantial $ payment to the family without going through contentious negotiation. Richard and his mother went through a painful time which I deeply regret. I hope we all learned a lesson, including the FBI which was my principal source."

Again, how do you get your good reputation back?

Was it intentional.....?

Who knows, but like a doctor who is trying to fix up and makes a mistake, he is liable for damages because of his actions.....

I think in this case, it should be a warning to those who, for whatever reason, cause others to suffer because of their journalistic mistake.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/27/19 at 15:53:44

"Was it intentional.....?"

I don't think the news outlets at the time were intentionally reporting that the wrong person committed a crime.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 06:22:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: happy merry

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.