Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Why do Trump supporters think people hate him? (Read 226 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Why do Trump supporters think people hate him?
Reply #15 - 12/22/19 at 06:38:29

eau de sauvage wrote on 12/21/19 at 17:33:55:
@srinath @Ray

I thank you for your useful analysis.

Sew; you've gotten for Christmas what you wanted. A relatively civil Tall Table. Yet you repeatedly give Eau a pass. I saw you give Ray a warning a few days ago, but after that, I've see Eau post several comments far worse.

Now we either are changing at the table or we aren't, take your pick. You've gotten what you wanted, now don't let it slip back simply because the offender is on your side.

Eau, I've not responded personally to you and I won't. I made that pledge and I will stick to it. You better do the same.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 12/22/19 at 07:08:50

WebsterMark wrote on 12/22/19 at 06:38:29:
eau de sauvage wrote on 12/21/19 at 17:33:55:
@srinath @Ray

I thank you for your useful analysis.

Sew; you've gotten for Christmas what you wanted. A relatively civil Tall Table. Yet you repeatedly give Eau a pass. I saw you give Ray a warning a few days ago, but after that, I've see Eau post several comments far worse.

Now we either are changing at the table or we aren't, take your pick. You've gotten what you wanted, now don't let it slip back simply because the offender is on your side.

Eau, I've not responded personally to you and I won't. I made that pledge and I will stick to it. You better do the same.

pg wrote on 12/20/19 at 17:02:00:
eau de sauvage wrote on 12/20/19 at 15:27:01:
@Serowbot
This is an international site.
We welcome Savage riders from all over the world.

Cool

It's more than that Serow we are all the same distance from each other on this site. pg's comment just shows his utter ignorance of how the world works and what the inter webs is in relation to the social structure of society. The virtual communities on the internet has turned the entire world into a global community.

Easy now Bot your going into unfriendly territory.  It is all well in good if the comments are in lock-step with your opinion.  

Yet, I was on the receiving end of:
'How are you so incredibly stupid'
'pg's comment just shows his utter ignorance'

Are you sure you want to go down this road?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 12/22/19 at 09:13:56

Well speaking solely for myself.... I don't care if I am called a name, threatened to censor me, etc.....

I think this site makes up a good percentage of Bot's life, he has lots of energy invested in it....I don't.

If I am kicked off, etc.....so be it.

I was attracted to the board years ago, when we had civil exchanges and dialogue, where folks conversed in a manner that fostered good intentions.

Not anymore...... maybe a few worthy attempts, but they die quickly with drive-bys, copying and pasting, name calling, and such.

Snuff open conversation, even that which appears unseemly, on pure personal bias, and it will only hurt MJ's ability to earn revenue.

I think in a strange way, not sure if I can link it in a coherent manner, but this board is a microcosm of the driving factors and conditions, that led to Trump being elected, out there in the nation.
When you curtail free speech, and disenfranchise a given segment, you get push back, in other ways and means, if you can't get access to the microphone in the bully pulpit....  

We see that threats here.....and the results.

I'd hope folks can bring it back, folks talk about change, very few take the first step.

Mirroring others, bad behavior, like Trump and tweeting, and tweeting at Trump.....is getting us no where.
Yes, it has revealed the true demeanor and makeup of many entrenched politicians, journalist, etc......but again, that solves not one problem/issue, other that exposing the deceitful.....we need to fix problems in our cities, states, nation......  

I invite you to disagree.....  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 12/22/19 at 09:49:38

WebsterMark wrote on 12/22/19 at 06:38:29:
Sew; you've gotten for Christmas what you wanted. A relatively civil Tall Table.

Yes, my Christmas wish was to get ripped by you bunch of whiny bozos.

I was out of town most of yesterday.
Despite DaWg's imaginings,.. I don't live here, and I don't read every post.
Police yourselves.
Quit whining.
Happy Holidays.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 12/22/19 at 10:18:46

That was uncalled for.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 12/22/19 at 10:43:50

WebsterMark wrote on 12/22/19 at 10:18:46:
That was uncalled for.

Well there you go Web.... same technique, drive by, snark, divert, dodge, etc....

He still won't answer me if he is going to move again, if Trump wins....

The libs made a big deal out it, then what, just abandoned it, it was all for show, theatrics....???

Sorta like how you invited a guy, that use to whine her incessantly, who has ran away, or got arrested for bestiality...to wager.
In a sense, a technique that would give witness to convictions of what they say/post......

maybe i got it wrong, perhaps he is looking for a new place for him and Bot to move too, over by Greta  Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 12/22/19 at 16:04:00

Why do Trump supporters think people hate him?

Dumbest FUKKING question ever.

The question to ask is
Why do lefties hate the best president we've seen.??

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #22 - 12/22/19 at 16:27:04

@pg and @Ray or @WM, can't remember who said what any more.

Seriously have you had a sense of humour transplant, or  do I have to explain it to you. actually srinath wrote one of the fecal post so I can't be bothered to sort it out. I'm typing baked.

You were both using analogies (correction it was sri, and ray who made the comments) that involved two types of fecal matter. And your posts had no actual content other than this, therefore I sarcastically thanked you for your analysis, which at the same time reusing the first part of the word to blend in with the spirit of your replies.

Let me know if you need further explanation.

P.S, pg, you seem a little thick but how it works is that if you engage in good faith, you can call me any names you like I don't care, however if you think I'm going to tolerate your 8th grade bulls!t, well you keep it up, because I've taken a tip from your mate Trump, you attack me in a post with no other content and prepare to get it back in spade, I may strike anywhere at any time. Do not make the error of thinking the attack will be immediate.

Alternatively you can build up some credit with me by proper debate and then you can earn a free gratuitous insult without comeback. I think this is very fair and you can either agree or fcuk off. I don't really care. Be best.

ps, I've gone back and re read it, I see that perhaps pg and ray are complaining about other stuff like 'incredibly stupid', if i say something like that then I give my reasoning. You can do the same, it's the reasoning
that I parse in threads, I don't care about name calling or expletives, however if there's not logic, no reasoning no other purpose then all bets are off.

I've gotta say though the politics forum has improved from a year ago.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #23 - 12/22/19 at 16:41:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/19 at 16:04:00:
Why do Trump supporters think people hate him?

Dumbest FUKKING question ever.

The question to ask is
Why do lefties hate the best president we've seen.??

Hey JoG, howya doin'? That is such a classic JoG post, no one does that better than you. There's really no answer.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #24 - 12/22/19 at 16:45:34

Ray regarding your post below, how can you say that with a straight face. I came into this forum without any knowledge of it and I was pretty surprised to be greeted with trash by the usual bunch. Remember? then there was a mini skirmish, then I suggested we clear the smoke and then a few people voluntarily announced they weren't going to go the trash route, then that juste became a license to freely abuse. Remember all this, it's all documented. Then I made various suggestions that we all agree to allow Serowbot to simply enforce some agreed rules. Then there were howls of 'censorship'.

But no none of this was acceptable. So don't start whinging now.

raydawg wrote on 12/22/19 at 10:43:50:
WebsterMark wrote on 12/22/19 at 10:18:46:
That was uncalled for.

Well there you go Web.... same technique, drive by, snark, divert, dodge, etc....

He still won't answer me if he is going to move again, if Trump wins....

The libs made a big deal out it, then what, just abandoned it, it was all for show, theatrics....???

Sorta like how you invited a guy, that use to whine her incessantly, who has ran away, or got arrested for bestiality...to wager.
In a sense, a technique that would give witness to convictions of what they say/post......

maybe i got it wrong, perhaps he is looking for a new place for him and Bot to move too, over by Greta  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 12/22/19 at 17:08:39

"I came into this forum without any knowledge of it and I was pretty surprised to be greeted with trash by the usual bunch. Remember?"

To be fair I only asked you, respectfully, if you had business dealings in the US and you called me an "eel".  My assessment is you were, at that time, searching for things to be offended about, which is easy to do on these forums.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1542265648/0

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #26 - 12/22/19 at 17:36:57

Eegore,

I don't need links or threads, my interactions with you are few and not complicated but I will tell you and I'm sure you will remember the exact moment that this (whatever this is) began.

For no reason at all, I didn't know of you at all, other than I had you marked as someone who was going to play everything with a straight bat. I thought at time you were a little too cute, but so I was wary. And with good reason because, you answered one of my threads by not commenting on the thread, but pointing out that I'm posting a lot of threads.

I thought that was pretty strange coming from you, because how am I different from the great batches of other threads. When I queried you about this you then tried to justify it by saying that 'oh it's too many too read'.

You should go back and brush up on that because you're just upset and you've been upset ever since that I called you out on it.  You're still polite, so I called you sly.

And if you are upset by being outed as a sly little troll, then, and I mean this sincerely, prove me wrong. If I am indeed wrong and misjudged you then I would not want to hold a false idea.

So check out the image below, it's just off todays front page but it could be any page since the time I first posted, everyone has a little flurry of posts, no one minds.

So my question to you is this, why did you answer a thread, and made no thread comment at all, other than to take issue with the number of threads I post.

Explain that to my satisfaction and I'll admit I got you wrong. Or you can just say, 'yeah, you're right it was pointlessly snarky and did look a bit ridiculous and I got caught up then in trying to defend it', and then we can be golden again.

But if anyone want to get the maximum amount of respect from me then if they pose me a question and i then refute it, they need to then refute my refutation with actual logic. At the bottom of this post are the rules of engagement that have to be respected for me to take anyone completely seriously. Anything less is known as Jalpa in Sanskrit.  Roll Eyes

The Nyaya school identified various types of arguments that hindered or obstructed the path of genuine scientific pursuit, suggesting perhaps, that there may have been considerable practical resistance to their unstinting devotion to truth-seeking and scientific accuracy.

They list the term jalpa - an argument not for the sake of arriving at the truth but for the sake of seeking victory (this term was coined perhaps to distinguish exaggerated and rhetorical arguments, or hyperbole from genuine arguments);

vitanda (or cavil) to identify arguments that were specious or frivolous, or intended to divert attention from the substance of the debate, that were put-downs intended to lower the dignity or credibility of the opponent; and

chal - equivocation or ruse to confuse the argument.

Three types of chal are listed:
vakchala - or verbal equivocation where the words of the opponent are deliberately misused to mean or suggest something different than what was intended;

samanyachala or false generalization, where the opponents arguments are deliberately and incorrectly generalized in a way to suggest that the original arguments were ridiculous or absurd;

uparachala - misinterpreting a word which is used figuratively by taking it literally. Also mentioned is jati, a type of fallacious argument where an inapplicable similiarity is cited to reject an argument, or conversely an irrelevant dissimiliarity is cited to reject an argument.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #27 - 12/22/19 at 17:43:32

Serowbot wrote on 12/21/19 at 08:07:54:
Trump requires a lot of "interpretation"... Huh

Is that the same,  'interpretation', that the 'news',
does for you?

The UL, FDS, Socalist, 'interpretation'.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 12/22/19 at 17:46:47

Still looking for the Bar next to the Chicken Coop in Ajo.

Or should I be looking out in BLM land, where some locals drop off food/water for ileagals, who ARE, 'above the law'.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 12/22/19 at 19:20:32

"And if you are upset by being outed as a sly little troll, then, and I mean this sincerely, prove me wrong. If I am indeed wrong and misjudged you then I would not want to hold a false idea. "

I'm not emotionally invested in this forum.  I was just indicating that it seems you feel that people here were rude to you for no reason and I feel the same.  I also feel you were rude for no reason, or at least easily offended, and you have indicated it is because you think I'm a troll, which is fine.  I simply find it interesting that you bring up how people are rude to you, and are also rude yourself.  I have done this with multiple members, not you exclusively.

"So my question to you is this, why did you answer a thread, and made no thread comment at all, other than to take issue with the number of threads I post."

I did not "take issue", I was asking a direct question.  I have no opinion on the volume of posts any member makes.  Do you expect people here to research, evaluate and respond to that volume of questions?  When you asked what my motive was I repeated the question, since that was my only motive.  I was asking if you expected people to research and respond to all of those posts.  That's it.

A number of people here ask questions, get an educated response then fall silent.  

To me, this is no different than me questioning what the minimum time-frame is for people to respond to a post before JoG starts insulting people.  Or when I asked Lost Artist why he logs in if the forum is "forcing" him to be an @sshole.  Or when I was asked why I "always" defend Trump and had to link threads where I criticize his lies to the US military at a press conference.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 06:33:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why do Trump supporters think people hate him?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.