Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Why do Trump supporters think people hate him? (Read 226 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Why do Trump supporters think people hate him?
12/20/19 at 21:35:08

It's been a big theme for Trump and it's been amplified to bizarre degrees by the entire Republican House, none of whom not a single one saw a problem with anything. So how has it come to this, it must be because 'hate'.

Now when I think about that word it doesn't really have any meaning that I can pin down. It's not uncommon to hear people say they hate anything from food to leaves, from wind to parking lots, I have to ask, what word these people reserve for someone that has done them some real malicious harm.

It's really just an expression of an emotion and it's the very same emotion as 'love', it's just twisted and warped until it looks like hatred. It's just an expression of inner conflict.

It's as though it's impossible to dislike, disapprove or to call out something as 'wrong' without it being framed as an emotional response.  

Take Lindsay Graham for example, he's accused Democrats of being motivated by hatred. But what about when Lindsey Graham memorably called Mr. Trump “a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot” who was “unfit for office.”

Now I think we can be confident that those words were Graham's true sentiment based I suppose on empirical facts. And Trump has not given Graham any reason to change his mind. In fact quite the opposite.

It's true, Trump is amongst other things all that Graham said, but they are just facts, there's no emotion, no hate.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Why do Trump supporters think people hate him?
Reply #1 - 12/21/19 at 04:40:50

Hate is a complicated word. It is not the opposite of love, that's selfishness.

God hates. "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

If you look at the widespread, unhinged opposition to Trump as soon as it became clear it the 2016 campaign he was going to be a factor one way or another, it far exceeded anything in recent history. It was so pervasive that FBI agents, well established media personalities and members of Congress lied repeatedly. Many of these people went out of their way and took actions whose goal was to damage him not just political but personally.

That's not a manifestation of disagreement. That's not an expression of policy opposition. That's hatred.

And lets be honest, Trump hated Hilary. Trump hates Schiff. Trump is honest in his hatred.

Look, it's okay to hate sometimes. You hate President Donald J Trump. You hate him. It's okay to own it.

IP Logged
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Reply #2 - 12/21/19 at 05:33:07

Eau, I think his rallies are instructional.

"Lock Her Up" they chant. Laughing at the handicapped. Threatening the media who are brave enough to show up. His more timely targets like whatever minority female has failed to show her belly, AOC, Maxine Waters, etc, are dragged out so the crowd can scream about sending them back.

They're like the Two Minute Hates from 1984. It makes his supporters feel good to hate their fellow Americans.

Then it's just projection. They project that inhumanity onto the other tribe. 'Those guys over there are filled with hate. Kill them!'

It's so obvious you'd be forgiven for not thinking it would be effective anymore but Trump rode it all the way to an electoral college victory.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/21/19 at 07:13:21

NHLycan wrote on 12/21/19 at 05:33:07:
Eau, I think his rallies are instructional.

"Lock Her Up" they chant. Laughing at the handicapped. Threatening the media who are brave enough to show up. His more timely targets like whatever minority female has failed to show her belly, AOC, Maxine Waters, etc, are dragged out so the crowd can scream about sending them back.

They're like the Two Minute Hates from 1984. It makes his supporters feel good to hate their fellow Americans.

Then it's just projection. They project that inhumanity onto the other tribe. 'Those guys over there are filled with hate. Kill them!'

It's so obvious you'd be forgiven for not thinking it would be effective anymore but Trump rode it all the way to an electoral college victory.

Like your other recent post NHL; there's very little in the way of reality in this. No one made fun of handicaps, I know what you're referring to but that was a someone's interpretation which has been shown not correct. Not sure what the "minority female belly: thing even means. As far as hating their fellow Americans, unlike some anti-Trump protest, I'm not aware that multiple people, including a member of the press, has been seriously injured and sent to the hospital at any of these rallies.

Like Eau, you hate Trump. I get it. I'm fine with you feeling that way and I understand why you do. But let's try to deal in reality, at least a little.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 12/21/19 at 08:07:54

WebsterMark wrote on 12/21/19 at 07:13:21:
Like your other recent post NHL; there's very little in the way of reality in this. No one made fun of handicaps, I know what you're referring to but that was a someone's interpretation which has been shown not correct.  

Trump requires a lot of "interpretation"... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/21/19 at 08:39:10

Maybe so, but that doesn’t change the reality of it. He was not making fun of that reporter. It was demonstrated repeatedly that was his little thing for picking on people he thought were being ridiculous.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 12/21/19 at 08:48:51

Wear a ball cap into a restaurant that says MAGA.....

That is hate you'll see.

Work for this administration, and take your family out....that is hate.

Be a Hollywood personality and cut off his head, call out F him at awards shows, or want to toss sheet in his face, that is hate.

Hate knows no one race, gender, religion, football team......

I wonder who on this board has used the F word, directed at their opposition, more?

That might be a symptom of hate.

Mirrors can be a great tool.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 12/21/19 at 08:54:50

WebsterMark wrote on 12/21/19 at 08:39:10:
Maybe so, but that doesn’t change the reality of it. He was not making fun of that reporter. It was demonstrated repeatedly that was his little thing for picking on people he thought were being ridiculous.

Show me an instance of Trump mocking someone else with the same spastic motions.

PS
It occurs to me that the truly disgusting thing, is the number of clips you'll have to look through of Trump mocking people.
This is the President.  Mocking people.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/21/19 at 11:07:14

If I showed you, would it change your mind?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/21/19 at 11:15:39

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 12/21/19 at 15:25:10

Does everyone see what has happened here. Pretty cute eh?

Let me unpack the meta thread. Basically I'm appalled that the Republican method of opposing fact based claims is not to challenge those claims with rational argument (which is why Collins, and Gohmert Pyle, and you know the rest are always screaming their tirade) properly explained, no they say it's all because 'hate'. All that does is explain it away it explains nothing.

Then Professor Webster immediately does exactly with his unhinged opposition to Trump comment. Now the problem with this is the same as the problem with hate, if you're gonna use a word like unhinged you need to follow it up with not some batty thing that happened, but a consistent unhingedness in the opposition.

There's no point pointing out that that is of course just more projection, because the GOP has appropriated that one too. Now when the Democrats point out the obvious projections the Republican answer back, 'that is just you projecting'.

See how it works. Hey, you've heard, the Democrats use these words but the difference is if you examine what follows they point exactly why such an extreme word is used. But they don't really have to, I mean take Trumps 6 page embarrassment to the House. Trump is such an ignorant unhinged brain dead clinical narcissist, that he really believes he's now what is essentially a six page tweet, into the official records of History.

I invite you all to take a couple of minutes to forget all about the fray below and float up into the sky, we're mostly all brown bread by now, and there are only a handful of American who remember when he was still alive. Now he's studied as part of American history. Even though we're not academics I must still wonder what it will mean, because he's just a delusional illiterate fool. None of this will change even he he won the next election. I think this is what Pelosi meant when she said, 'he's impeached, forever'.

What all this does in the mind of the non thinking person, is to make it too hard to bother to sort out the nuts from the shinola.

That's what WM did and does, watch it, if you point out what they did, it's 'projection', and it's easy for the little lawyer in the mind to make anything stick.

Webster, please explain how the opposition is 'unhinged' or mentally unbalanced; deranged. don't obfuscate, and try not to use this very technique in your answer (you will of course)

In case you think my description of Trump is over the top, I can back it all up. Very similar to how The Friendly Jordie, had to legally prove that it was literally true that Clive Palmer was a fatty mccrappity smackhead, and more it's pretty funny.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 12/21/19 at 16:55:06

Bleh, Bleh, Bleh, Lemme know when all this Sheite catches on fire and I'll come by and watch.
And if the "calculus" of these "Nuanced" garbage appears again, seriously I'll waste my vote - again - by voting for Donald J Duck.

You're forgetting these fools are all politicians, you're arguing if eating constipated sheite vs diarrhea sheitete is better for you.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 12/21/19 at 17:08:40

srinath wrote on 12/21/19 at 16:55:06:
Bleh, Bleh, Bleh, Lemme know when all this Sheite catches on fire and I'll come by and watch.
And if the "calculus" of these "Nuanced" garbage appears again, seriously I'll waste my vote - again - by voting for Donald J Duck.

You're forgetting these fools are all politicians, you're arguing if eating constipated sheite vs diarrhea sheitete is better for you.

Cool.
Srinath.

+1

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #13 - 12/21/19 at 17:33:55

@srinath @Ray

I thank you for your useful analysis.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 12/22/19 at 06:35:09

Webster, please explain how the opposition is 'unhinged' or mentally unbalanced; deranged. don't obfuscate, and try not to use this very technique in your answer (you will of course)

...how the opposition is unhinged, mentally unbalanced, deranged? Sure. Would you like videos of the violent protest during Trump's first inauguration? Would a reprint of the ridiculous Kavanaugh rape stories which professional editors automatically assumed to be true despite obvious flaws? Would videos like the recent one of the young boy being beaten senseless because he wore a Trump hat to school? Would that suffice? Or how about I just reprint the entire Muller report as evidence how deranged the opposition to Trump is?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 06:31:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why do Trump supporters think people hate him?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.