Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
IG Report: Russia Investigation Valid (Read 205 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: IG Report: Russia Investigation Valid
Reply #30 - 12/10/19 at 16:24:58

The bottom line regarding the IG report is that whatever issues that existed, the report was properly opened, and *crucially* it debunks *all* the conspiracy theories.

And 'conspiracy theories', is not just the meat and potatoes of the GOP defence of Trump's impeachable conduct, but it's also the bread and butter, plates, dishwashing liquid and tea towel, of their defence.

as George Orwell wrote in 1944, “For quite long periods, at any rate, people can remain undisturbed by obvious lies, either because they simply forget what is said from day to day or because they are under such a constant propaganda bombardment that they become anaesthetized to the whole business.”

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 12/10/19 at 16:37:56

The bottom line regarding the IG report is that whatever issues that existed, the report was properly opened, and *crucially* it debunks *all* the conspiracy theories.

Simply not true. It's the IG's opinion, its not fact. I suspect the US Attorney's report will have a different view. The FBI's investigation debunked all the Kavanaugh accusations yet how many on here would argue with that statement?

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #32 - 12/10/19 at 16:42:59

WebsterMark wrote on 12/10/19 at 16:37:56:
The FBI's investigation debunked all the Kavanaugh accusations yet how many on here would argue with that statement?

Issuing a demonstrably false statement- then proclaiming honest people will contest it -is no great prophetic feat.   You suffer from the belief that the quality of all judgment is subjectively equal; this is the favorite recourse of those dwarfed in contrast.   On one side we have the US intelligence apparatus concluding decisively that Russia worked to elect Trump; on the other, Trump saying "I don't know why it would be Russia".   There's no contest.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 12/11/19 at 13:21:21

I'm working from home today so I had an opportunity for a while to watch the IG Senate testimony and I can tell you the way he characterized his report during that hearing is not exactly what was reported about that report in the press when it first came out. That's one issue. Another, funny but I flipped to CNN back-and-forth repeatedly from Fox and surprise surprise, every time I went to CNN they didn't have the hearing on even though they televised every second of the congressional hearing, like everybody else did. Bias? I don't know....I report you decide!
Finally, don't be so sure every Democratic Senator votes guilty if this gets to the Senate.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #34 - 12/11/19 at 13:32:17

@wmI suspect the US Attorney's report will have a different view.

You mean Barr who was handpicked specifically to shield Trump and who undercut the release of the Muller report with lies before it was released? You're certainly correct in this case.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 12/11/19 at 13:34:02

... and here's some interesting ramifications from all the questions today. It's true the DNC is responsible for the origins of the steele dossier that was ultimately used as a basis for the FISA warrents. So in summary, one presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton, used the FBI to spy on another presidential candidate of the opposition party, Donald Trump.  as was pointed out in the Senate hearings, that of course you will never hear if you watch CNN, Diane Feinstein had the FBI alert her to potential questionable character on her campaign staff. But they did not do that to Donald Trump. They actually went so far to plant an agent (aka: spy) to attend an intelligence briefing for Trump. It was asked in the open hearing and no one had ever heard that done before.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 12/11/19 at 13:38:01

eau de sauvage wrote on 12/11/19 at 13:32:17:
@wmI suspect the US Attorney's report will have a different view.

You mean Barr who was handpicked specifically to shield Trump and who undercut the release of the Muller report with lies before it was released? You're certainly correct in this case.

well eau,  every attorney general is "hand-picked" by the president. Whether to specifically shield them is debatable. Did Holdner shield Obama? Did his replacement shield him? I forget her name right now, the one who met with Bill Clinton in the airport.

Let's be honest,  I think your judgment on Attorney General depends upon the little letter behind the presidents name, D or R.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #37 - 12/11/19 at 13:50:24

@WM every attorney general is "hand-picked" by the president. Whether to specifically shield them is debatable.

You deliberately separate 'hand picked' from the sentence and say 'duh, they're all handpicked'. It's this sort of sly disingenuous bullsh!t that makes me think that your obfuscations are deliberate.

Barr has debased the office of the AG and debased himself in the process. Before he was given the job of AG he basically wrote a job application in the form of an opinion piece proclaiming the undisputed power of the President.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/federalist-society-barr-mcconnell...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 12/11/19 at 13:50:45

...and this quote paints a significantly different picture than plastered all over the news...

Horowitz: As to the opening [of the investigation], which is in a different place than the FISA issues that you have identified and I talked about earlier, I think it is two different situations. On the FISA side, we found, as you noted, a lack of documentary and testimonial evidence about intentionality, but we noted the lack of satisfactory explanations, and in fact, leave open the possibility, for the reasons you indicated, it is unclear what the motivations were. On the one hand, gross incompetence, negligence; on the other hand intentionality, and we’re in between — we weren’t in a position with the evidence we had, to make that conclusion, but we are not ruling it out.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 12/11/19 at 13:54:38

eau de sauvage wrote on 12/11/19 at 13:50:24:
@WM every attorney general is "hand-picked" by the president. Whether to specifically shield them is debatable.

You deliberately separate 'hand picked' from the sentence and say 'duh, they're all handpicked'. It's this sort of sly disingenuous bullsh!t that makes me think that your obfuscations are deliberate.

Barr has debased the office of the AG and debased himself in the process. Before he was given the job of AG he basically wrote a job application in the form of an opinion piece proclaiming the undisputed power of the President.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/federalist-society-barr-mcconnell...

I've not seen nor heard Barr do anything that "debased the office ". One of the more recent AG's was the first to be held in contempt. I think we should be able to agree that was "debasing the office" right?

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #40 - 12/11/19 at 14:06:19

Barr is the AG of the US not Trump's personal AG and when he undercuts the agency that he is head of with his partisan dissemblings then that is debasing the office of the AG.

Here's Barr's job application in the form of a memo to Rosenstein....

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/June-2018-Barr-Memo-t...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 12/11/19 at 14:07:23

Finally I tell you one person you would want to be right now is Carter Page’s real estate agent because Page is going to make a fortune when he sues the FBI, The DNC, maybe Hilary and even Obama......he’ll be moving into a nice big expensive house! Big commission!

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #42 - 12/11/19 at 15:25:16

@WM,

there you go back on track to talking about Hilary, while Trump is soliciting foreign interference in real time.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #43 - 12/11/19 at 15:32:36

eau de sauvage wrote on 12/11/19 at 14:06:19:
Barr is the AG of the US not Trump's personal AG

First, he was confirmed by the US Senate; and this is his second time in that position.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #44 - 12/11/19 at 15:40:58

This is the fundamental dishonesty at Mark's core.   Page drew the eye of Federal scrutiny due in part to his contact with Russian intelligence; his surveillance was about ferreting out Russian espionage and projection of power into US domestic politics.   Subsequent discovery has demonstrated just how appropriate those concerns were and are.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 08:16:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › IG Report: Russia Investigation Valid

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.