Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lets talk fermenting and freezing beery stuff (Read 8 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Lets talk fermenting and freezing beery stuff
12/06/19 at 10:55:28

So, of late I've been going the Junior Johnson and Popcorn Sutton way.
Make alcohol and don't pay nuts to the feds.
Except I drink it all, and gift it to people and tell em they need to mix it with water to the original proof of whatever was it made at.

Wait it gets even better since I learnt some more crap.

The idea is this - Freeze a beer in a plastic bottle in a freezer set to say -15. Say you put in 48 oz of 6% beer. Melt out about 10oz, and you'd get near 30%. Its called freeze distilling or freeze concentrating. Plenty of youtube as well as some commercial breweries that make this - its called the craft beer to craft whiskey movement.

However I wasn't satisfied with that. Next step.

Take a sugary drink and throw champagne yeast in it. It will ferment all the sugar into alcohol. Then repeat the freeze concentrate steps.

Still looking for the extra edge - 1-2 drops of amg (amyloglucosidiaze or some like that - used to make those Brut IPA's) in a gallon of a starch and carb dense beer (sediment filled, cloudy hazy beer) and yeast. It ferments down to under 1.00. I've even hit .997 on one. AKA all the starch is alcohol and nothing but a wee bit of hop oils and abundant hop flavor is left.
Freeze concentrate that. So far I am not there yet, but man is it fun to make your own better from other beer.

Some beers improve a lot, some get worse when I concentrate them. After further fermenting - I am yet to compare.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 06:27:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lets talk fermenting and freezing beery stuff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.