Good morning...... (Read 207 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Good morning......
12/01/19 at 09:00:44

This is why the INTERNET is changing they way politics is played.....

And will seriously cause more transparency, free press, and accessibility, to the average voter.  

The whoring media is livid, they know it threatens their ability to cash in on soap opera narratives, and fleecing the candidates/politicians.

Funny, what folks wanted the politicians to do, via term limits, campaign funding reforms, etc.....

Technology is going to provide, as more and more people have the capacity to receive such information over their phones, etc....

AMAZING........  Smiley

Enjoy this morsel, even if its not to your taste  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ46I3kMOr0

This is a good thing folks, if you are NOT a rabid party goose-stepper   Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Good morning......
Reply #1 - 12/01/19 at 09:18:56

raydawg wrote on 12/01/19 at 09:00:44:
This is a good thing folks, if you are NOT a rabid party goose-stepper   Grin

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 12/01/19 at 09:31:33

The internet is sticking it to the "whoring" media?,... and you post a clip that was shot by the mainstream media?...

Youz guyz should just admit it,...
...it's not the media, it's the facts you don't like.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 12/01/19 at 10:18:50

Poor baby....everything is a affront.....huh.

I saw some size 7 boots, down at the thrift mart yesterday....

You want I buy them for you as a gift?  Kiss

You can miss the gist of my thread, I understand, you like CNN pablum, with MSNBC breast milk..... we all know.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 12/01/19 at 10:31:44

Serowbot wrote on 12/01/19 at 09:31:33:
The internet is sticking it to the "whoring" media?,... and you post a clip that was shot by the mainstream media?...

Youz guyz should just admit it,...
...it's not the media, it's the facts you don't like.

Kinda like AOC saying free stuff is now public goods, or the Newsweek article saying Trump was golfing on Thanksgiving when e
he was in A-Stan, or the Russian collusion.

Those facts....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/01/19 at 12:48:43

Well the accuracy of internet information is up for debate, so much so its addressed multiple times in Congress.

The amount of deliberately false news stories, ads and charities is higher than it has ever been before.  6 youth in Argentina put out ads and links to 860,000 users, that is Eight Hundred and Sixty Thousand ads to users in social media by a few kids.

No other media can do that, and every single one was false.

So in my opinion the improvement in transparency is equally damaged by the improvement in false media distribution.  

The real issue though is that we as humans tend to only accept the information we want to be true, ignoring information we don't want to be true.  Truth being rather irrelevant in most cases.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 12/01/19 at 14:23:29

Eegore wrote on 12/01/19 at 12:48:43:
 Well the accuracy of internet information is up for debate, so much so its addressed multiple times in Congress.

Sorta like asking the fox, to watch the hen house...eh.

The amount of deliberately false news stories, ads and charities is higher than it has ever been before.  6 youth in Argentina put out ads and links to 860,000 users, that is Eight Hundred and Sixty Thousand ads to users in social media by a few kids.

Well we could have a god.....censor anything they don't like, or.....really have a free press, unfettered and available to everyone, pitfalls and all....  

No other media can do that, and every single one was false.

not so sure about that.....????

So in my opinion the improvement in transparency is equally damaged by the improvement in false media distribution.  

look, I believed them before, bought the most expensive beer, at the bar....the chicks did not flock to me....so...???

The real issue though is that we as humans tend to only accept the information we want to be true, ignoring information we don't want to be true.  Truth being rather irrelevant in most cases.

That is true, and therefore, it cancels out each extreme, and those in the middle, which is SUPPOSE to be the strongest, and most dominate, segment of a democracy.....is the ballast......That IS -- real diversity  Grin  

But its so much more funner to call others names, ridicule them, call them a liar, idiot, and list their psychological cerebral, inner, intellectual, interior, internal, mental....defects.

Makes me feel, well superior  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/01/19 at 16:35:46

"Sorta like asking the fox, to watch the hen house...eh."

I was thinking more along the lines of Congress, being incredibly slow to act on most things, is addressing this.  To me, this means the impact is high enough that it is even addressed by Congress, usually among the last to act.

"No other media can do that, and every single one was false."

"not so sure about that.....????"

According to the source and investigative material, yes, every single ad created by these kids was false, inaccurate, not correct or otherwise intended to misinterpret accurate fact.  They were very specifically paid to be inaccurate.

I can send you the source material and the statements from the people who created the ads themselves if you want to review them for accuracy.

If you know of a media capable of allowing 6 kids to reach over 800,000 people worldwide directly I'd like to know what that is.  Certainly isn't radio, TV or print.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 12/01/19 at 18:06:05

No.... I believe you.

What I am saying is there is no way we can protect fools, and fee speech, unless we encroach upon it.....

That too has risk, and I would even venture to say, poses a greater threat, given the power invested in regulating it.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #9 - 12/01/19 at 21:51:59

raydawg wrote on 12/01/19 at 18:06:05:
What I am saying is there is no way we can protect fools, and fee speech, unless we encroach upon it.....

That too has risk, and I would even venture to say, poses a greater threat, given the power invested in regulating it.

Obviously unfettered speech makes us susceptible to propaganda campaigns.   The foil to that is education, elevating critical thinking, and basis-of-doubt.   The problem is folks not being able to discern the quality of content.   The Koch brothers, the petrochemical industry fuel anthropogenic climate change denial narratives, convince a cross section of society to fight efforts to put out the fire.   By indulging in lazy bigotry, the deniers elevate the risk of unchecked speech, putting it in existentialist conflict.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/02/19 at 05:26:20

raydawg wrote on 12/01/19 at 18:06:05:
No.... I believe you.

I would point to the current state of affairs with regards to the news media as evidence of such. I see where high school student Nick Sandmann's suit against the Washington Post is proceeding on. The Post smeared him by  purposely leaving out pertinent facts and adding opinion as fact in an attempt portray the "news" different than the actual events of that day. In short, they lied. CNN, MSNBC etc..continued on with this lie after it became clear the original story as reported was false. I hope he sues them onto bankruptcy.

But this is an example of Ray's point. The power inherent with being the one to guard the "truth" is enormous. Look at what happened to the original Catholic Church. "Peter The Rock on which I will build my Church."
The leadrs of The Church managed to manipulate the masses for centuries when the power of their position overtook them. If a religious people cannot withstand the temptation of power, what hope do we have for others? There is none. It's a constant give and take. Martin Luther reversed course for a while, but it's a debatable point what the situation is today ith The Church.

Trump has forced the dividing line back into the open. Each side "spins" the news towards their side of the line.

Is there anyone left to give control of the "truth" to? Any group who hasn't already put on a team jersey?

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #11 - 12/02/19 at 06:06:38

WebsterMark wrote on 12/02/19 at 05:26:20:
Is there anyone left to give control of the "truth" to? Any group who hasn't already put on a team jersey?

As ever, the morally debased and ethically malformed can't imagine others not sharing his failings.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 12/02/19 at 07:40:19

We currently have half of Congress following an internet conspiracy theory that suits their agenda,.. over evidence that their intelligence experts and our allied experts all agree on....
They know the facts,... they just choose to ignore them, because the false narrative suits them better.

It's very 1984...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 12/02/19 at 08:57:38

"Is there anyone left to give control of the "truth" to? Any group who hasn't already put on a team jersey? "

Yes.

NPR has a lot of information available to the public from groups, people, organizations that receive zero funding from political sources, and have no political affiliation.  

Many local organizations provide information to the public about local policy that have no funding, or political affiliation.  Your county courthouse most likely is not going to alter official documentation based on who the President is.

The CDC as far as I can tell, does not manipulate data to fit political affiliation, the death counts are real, the disease counts are real.  

I think it depends on where someone tries to gather information.  Mainstream news is a waste of time, Wikipedia is a waste of time, Social Media, YouTube, all waste of time.  Those are however where most people look for "facts".

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #14 - 12/02/19 at 09:15:13

Eegore wrote on 12/02/19 at 08:57:38:
Mainstream news is a waste of time, Wikipedia is a waste of time, Social Media, YouTube, all waste of time. 

These sources are only as valuable as the critical faculties of the viewer.   Far from a "waste of time", Wikipedia is a valuable tool- when grasped by a discerning intellect; unlike many/most sources, a record of contesting views is appended to each article.   As with all consideration, if you surrender your agency to another, you get what pleases them.   Be a participant- not just a consumer -and you'll be better positioned to find value; grossly discounting mediums of delivery is self-hobbling.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 07:02:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Good morning......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.