Good morning...... (Read 207 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Good morning......
Reply #15 - 12/02/19 at 09:19:41

Eegore wrote on 12/02/19 at 08:57:38:
"Is there anyone left to give control of the "truth" to? Any group who hasn't already put on a team jersey? "

Yes.

NPR has a lot of information available to the public from groups, people, organizations that receive zero funding from political sources, and have no political affiliation.  

As a looooooong time listener I have this to say about NPR. They may not have a political bias, however NPR is heavily pro immigrant and heavily pro gun control. In effect I don't think of them as neutral. Some of their hosts are explicitly liberal that I know of having written books with that point of view.
Worse yet, they say "Hunta" for the word Junta when it refers to military/army etc in Myanmar or parts of south east asia. The J in that context is said as J - and Junta means "people" in hindi/Urdu and related languages. That right there tells me they think all brown people are Mexican, and since that cluelessness goes along with all the rest of their reporting, I'm sure they're pro immigrant, when the immigrants are Mexican or south American. That IMHO just does not work for me. Having said that, I don't think there is a news organization I'd trust to be the "gatekeeper" of news. Worse yet, many big tech firms including Google, amazon, tesla, facebook etc all heavily contribute to NPR. How they affect its coverage etc etc - I cant separate that from listening to them. However one thing I can say - after the chicken processing plant raid and deporting of many illegal workers the place held a job fair, and 15,000 people turned up apparently. I listened to that coverage almost hour by hour because I was working on my SV in those days and radio is on when I am in the garage always. NPR completely diminished the numbers that turned up and all their prior and current grievances and feed back etc etc, they kept parroting the line "immigrants do this job that americans don't want to do" when so many of those that came to the job fair said, they never got a call after they applied there earlier. NPR may not report outright "fake" news, but they tend to hide what doesn't fit their pro immigrant and gun control stance.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 12/02/19 at 09:55:18

In pre-internet times we had trusted sources,...
Edward R Murrow, Walter Cronkite,... are legendary.
They worked for CBS...
New York Times, Washington Post...
NBC, ABC, CBS... NPR, BBC.,.. all prided themselves on journalistic integrity.

Today, they are all considered Left wing.
I don't think they've changed...
The audience changed.
Half of America calls legitimate news, "fake news"...

Half of America believes Putin over US and allied sources.
Trump says, don't believe your own eyes and ears, believe me.  ...and half of America does...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 12/02/19 at 10:18:03

Serowbot wrote on 12/02/19 at 09:55:18:
They worked for CBS...

The audience changed.

Trump says, don't believe your own eyes and ears, believe me.  ...and half of America does...

1/2 of America believes that ? Sorry, its likely 2%. I've heard 3% believe the earth is Flat. So that should tell you. Not every trump voter believes him. They just thought he was the better alternative in 2016.

A lot of Indians voted for Trump because Hillary put a Pakisthani as her flag bearer. Indians outnumber pakisthanis by 100 to 1. Anytime that guy went on the air, a few 1000 decided to vote against Hillary. Being a woman = big hurdle to overcome with Indian men, putting a pakisthani = insurmountable hurdle with Indian women too. The only thing Indian women and men agree on is that Pakisthan = bad. Even Indian Muslims don't like pakisthan. To guarantee getting re-elected in India the current PM literally has started a war with pakisthan. Only cos pakisthan is weak and had internal problems they didn't retaliate.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 12/02/19 at 12:09:24

srinath wrote on 12/02/19 at 10:18:03:
They worked for CBS...

The audience changed.

1/2 of America believes that ? Sorry, its likely 2%. I've heard 3% believe the earth is Flat. So that should tell you. Not every trump voter believes him. They just thought he was the better alternative in 2016.

Well, to clarify, even just 3% of "voting age citizens" comes out to be about about 6 million.....  trump lost the popular vote by far less, and won the electoral by just 1% of that same 6 million.

Perspective.....

A lot of Indians voted for Trump because Hillary put a Pakisthani as her flag bearer. Indians outnumber pakisthanis by 100 to 1. Anytime that guy went on the air, a few 1000 decided to vote against Hillary. Being a woman = big hurdle to overcome with Indian men, putting a pakisthani = insurmountable hurdle with Indian women too. The only thing Indian women and men agree on is that Pakisthan = bad. Even Indian Muslims don't like pakisthan. To guarantee getting re-elected in India the current PM literally has started a war with pakisthan. Only cos pakisthan is weak and had internal problems they didn't retaliate.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 12/02/19 at 12:59:11

T And T Garage wrote on 12/02/19 at 12:09:24:
They worked for CBS...

The audience changed.

Well, to clarify, even just 3% of "voting age citizens" comes out to be about about 6 million.....  trump lost the popular vote by far less, and won the electoral by just 1% of that same 6 million.

Perspective.....

Cool.
Srinath.

That's convenient. You're therefore assuming none of them are in NY or CA or even TX, anywhere that was one side over the other in a high margin, as in, allow me to place these 3% where it will make the most impact rather than at random.
Plenty of flat earthers in CA and NY and NJ too.
Doesn't matter in the large scheme of things though. I'm sure no Pakisthanis will be exhibited this election cycle, instead we I be spoken to in Spanish and when I say I cant speak Spanish, they'd say why don't you, its good to be bilingual. And the pity is, Trump would just speak jibberish and claim its Spanish.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 12/02/19 at 13:13:26

srinath wrote on 12/02/19 at 12:59:11:
T And T Garage wrote on 12/02/19 at 12:09:24:
They worked for CBS...

The audience changed.

Perspective.....

Cool.
Srinath.

That's convenient. You're therefore assuming none of them are in NY or CA or even TX, anywhere that was one side over the other in a high margin, as in, allow me to place these 3% where it will make the most impact rather than at random.

Not at ll, I'm simply posting and comparing the number of people that believe that the Earth is flat...

Plenty of flat earthers in CA and NY and NJ too.

I don't disagree.

Doesn't matter in the large scheme of things though. I'm sure no Pakisthanis will be exhibited this election cycle, instead we I be spoken to in Spanish and when I say I cant speak Spanish, they'd say why don't you, its good to be bilingual. And the pity is, Trump would just speak jibberish and claim its Spanish.

Cool.
Srinath.

That's sadly true.  The Pakistani, Indian nor any Subcontinent expats are in the view of any of the candidates - at least from what I've seen so far.  And you're not the first person I've heard that from either...

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 12/02/19 at 13:31:45

On one other forum someone saw my name and guessed my nationality as - Sri Lankan. Which makes no sense from a statistical point of view. Indians outnumber Sri Lankans by 100 to 1 anywhere except the southern 1/2 of Sri Lanka. Northern 1/2 of Sri Lanka and parts of Toronto Canada (Jane and Finch - back in the late 90s) had a lot of Tamil speakers (my mother tongue) who pretty much Identify themselves as Indian origin if not outright Indian. Knowing your statistics allows you to piss off a lot fewer people and IMHO vital for a politician.
Further, calling a Pakisthani an Indian will elicit a lot smaller negative reaction because they know they're out numbered 100 to 1 atleast statistically it makes sense to them, I'd almost bet Bangladeshi's out number pakisthanis in US. And B'Deshi's are quite used to being called Indian, and they were part of India before the british split that state into East Bengal and west Bengal.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 12/02/19 at 15:37:43

Serowbot wrote on 12/02/19 at 07:40:19:
We currently have half of Congress following an internet conspiracy theory that suits their agenda,.. over evidence that their intelligence experts and our allied experts all agree on....
They know the facts,... they just choose to ignore them, because the false narrative suits them better.

It's very 1984

Yea, I know what you mean. After years and millions spent on Mueller's investigation, half still believe in a conspiracy theory. Hard to believe, ain't it?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 12/02/19 at 15:44:54

WebsterMark wrote on 12/02/19 at 15:37:43:
We currently have half of Congress following an internet conspiracy theory that suits their agenda,.. over evidence that their intelligence experts and our allied experts all agree on....
They know the facts,... they just choose to ignore them, because the false narrative suits them better.

It's very 1984

Yea, I know what you mean. After years and millions spent on Mueller's investigation, half still believe in a conspiracy theory. Hard to believe, ain't it?

LOL - yeah, almost as bad as Hillary's emails or "BENGHAZI!!"....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 12/02/19 at 15:49:35

They worked for CBS...

The audience changed.

Did it occur to you that their "journalistic integrity" was a figment of your imagination?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #25 - 12/02/19 at 16:43:58

I needn't say a thing, when the obvious speaks so loudly  Grin Grin Grin Grin

And why I STILL believe the INTERNET is a good thing.....

It will eventually weed out the scams much like how folks have learned to navigate emails, and shady links....

And render the organized media to a point where they will have to incorporate integrity, if they expect to be taken serious, and grow their viewership.... or they can just fade away, like they are now....

INDEED they are the same, as they were before, its the folk who are the wiser.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #26 - 12/02/19 at 18:57:33

WebsterMark wrote on 12/02/19 at 15:49:35:
Did it occur to you that their "journalistic integrity" was a figment of your imagination?

As ever, Mark disbelieves in character he is unable to manifest himself.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 12/03/19 at 04:55:37

T And T Garage wrote on 12/02/19 at 15:44:54:
WebsterMark wrote on 12/02/19 at 15:37:43:

It's very 1984

It is interesting how some events are investigated and dismissed as having been throughly debunked while others are investigated but never die.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #28 - 12/03/19 at 05:36:35

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/19 at 04:55:37:
It is interesting how some events are investigated and dismissed as having been throughly debunked while others are investigated but never die.

Of clear and present concern is residents of a Trumplandia's inability to discern the difference.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 12/03/19 at 05:51:26

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/19 at 04:55:37:

[/quote]

Yes, that was true in the case of Hillary - but in the case of trump - there's so much more to find out...  this is only the beginning!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 16:06:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Good morning......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.