YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Sweet Beemer...
Reply #30 - 12/15/19 at 03:39:56

pg wrote on 12/14/19 at 15:37:10:
Thanks for taking the time to post, I think I will keep my V-Strom.

Brst regards,

V-Strom's are great......I rode a 1,000 and it was waaaay too tall for my 30" inseam, and I could only touch "tippy toe" on one side at a time (may not have been a stock seat).  It had incredible torque and was very comfortable.

I also hear/read great things about the Suzuki SV650.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #31 - 12/15/19 at 03:47:19

A little maintenance and airhead will last a long time. Ive got an R80 with 140k miles on it and I think thats considered low mileage for some of these bikes.

The motor is definitely a different look. But it grows on you after a while.

WWW   IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #32 - 12/15/19 at 06:12:55

Ruttly wrote on 12/13/19 at 10:24:14:
One day riding thru town on the tracker I found myself at a red light when 8 or 9  H/A pulled up along side of me. Two of them were checking out my bike and gave a thumbs up , while the rest of them wouldn't even look my way. Light turned green and it was a ten bike drag race. What fun,right , I realized they all had 1% patches on and I may have made a life choice by slightly rolling off the throttle and letting them go ahead. It's about respect and any lack there of usually isn't good for your well being !

A friend many years ago had a R90S. He was riding along and came upon some Harley dudes. He pulled up to the trailing rider and gave a friendly wave.  The guy shot back a nasty response. So my friend backed off and then layed into it. He shot up the center of their line at 100mph.
He  took the bike to 130mph and held it there for 5 minutes. He then showed down and ducked behind a large sign. Stopped he watched the HD guys going at 100mph trying to catch him.
(I wonder if they are still looking  Smiley )

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 22:44:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › Sweet Beemer...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.