Triggered (Read 44 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Triggered
11/22/19 at 08:29:45

You know, that POS pulp from don jr?

There's a great reason that it was on the NYT Bestseller list......

RNC Spent Nearly $100,000 on Copies of Donald Trump Jr.'s Book

When Donald Trump Jr.’s new book “Triggered” appeared at the top of the New York Times bestseller list this month, a debate erupted over how and why it had claimed the No. 1 spot.

The book, a broad attack on his critics, Democrats and the news media, was published on Nov. 5. The following week, it topped the list. But some skeptics noted that Trump had gotten a boost from his father’s Twitter feed and from the Republican National Committee, which emailed supporters the day the book came out, asking them to purchase signed copies and touting it as the book the “left doesn’t want you to read.”

Others noted a tiny dagger symbol that appeared next to the title on the list, indicating that bulk purchases of the book had boosted its ranking. (Of the 10 nonfiction hardcover titles currently on The Times’ bestseller list, “Triggered” is the only one featuring that symbol.) Some of Trump’s supporters pushed back on social media and anonymously to Fox News, saying that even without bulk sales, “Triggered” would still top the list.

“We haven’t made a large bulk purchase, but are ordering copies to keep up with demand,” Mike Reed, an RNC spokesman, said two days after the fundraising email promoting “Triggered” was sent. “Each book is sold to an individual who supports the Republican Party.”

But a financial disclosure form filed to the Federal Election Commission showed that the RNC paid $94,800 to the bookseller chain Books-A-Million on Oct. 29, a week before the book went on sale. Disclosures filed by the RNC indicate that the payment was for “donor mementos.”

When asked about the disclosure Thursday, Reed confirmed that the money went toward “Triggered” orders, and added that the party committee made additional purchases in November. “The book has been hugely popular,” he said.

Asked about the discrepancy, since the committee previously said it was only ordering copies as supporters requested them, Reed said via email: “We stand by our statement.”

It is difficult to know for sure how many copies of Trump’s book were sold through bulk orders, whether to the RNC or other groups. The Times does not disclose the methodology behind its bestseller lists, and the dagger symbol only indicates that at least some bookstores reported bulk sales.

According to NPD BookScan, which tracks print book sales, “Triggered” has sold more than 115,000 copies as of Nov. 16. Patsy S. Jones, the vice president of marketing for Hachette Book Group Nashville, which published “Triggered” through its imprint Center Street, said that the publisher hasn’t sold in bulk to the RNC and that the company isn’t aware of any third-party purchases.

While it’s not uncommon for books to be sold for fundraising purposes by Republican and Democratic committees, the RNC’s “Triggered” purchase is unusual in that the committee is promoting a book written by a candidate’s son who isn’t a politician and isn’t running for office.

According to a report last month by The Independent Florida Alligator, a student newspaper of the University of Florida, a fundraising consultant working for the RNC and President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign also helped arrange a paid speaking engagement on campus in early October for Trump Jr. (The consultant told The Alligator that she had been helping the president’s son in a “personal capacity.”)

The RNC said that it has raised more than $500,000 from sales of the book, which the younger Trump has been promoting through a nationwide book tour, with stops at Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble stores and the Trump International Hotel. In the 287-page book, which bears the subtitle “How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us,” he rails against Democrats, saying that their goal was to “make my father and me cower in a corner, curl up in a ball, and die.”

“Triggered” is one of several books by conservatives to land on the bestseller lists recently, along with the “Fox & Friends” co-host Brian Kilmeade’s book “Sam Houston and the Alamo Avengers” and Nikki Haley’s “With All Due Respect.”

http://www.yahoo.com/news/rnc-spent-nearly-100-000-131439242.html

Seems the trumps can't win without cheating.

No surprise there.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Re: Triggered
Reply #1 - 11/22/19 at 08:44:56

Ahhhhh, come on- think about the boy's self esteem.   So his daddy bought him a participation award, so what?   Jr. still hast to carry that picture of himself with the just-severed tail of an elephant in his hands.   Just seems like you guys won't let the Trumps catch a break.   Where's the thank-you to the President for promoting literacy?

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/22/19 at 08:58:07

Mavigogun wrote on 11/22/19 at 08:44:56:
Ahhhhh, come on- think about the boy's self esteem.   So his daddy bought him a participation award, so what?   Jr. still hast to carry that picture of himself with the just-severed tail of an elephant in his hands.   Just seems like you guys won't let the Trumps catch a break.   Where's the thank-you to the President for promoting literacy?

Grin

Good one Mavi!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 11/22/19 at 11:36:17

T And T Garage wrote on 11/22/19 at 08:29:45:

No surprise there.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/hunter-biden-linked-company-recei...

No surprise there, nothing to see....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/22/19 at 11:37:07

"Asked about the discrepancy, since the committee previously said it was only ordering copies as supporters requested them, Reed said via email: “We stand by our statement.”"

Man I wish I could use that logic with Law Enforcement or the IRS.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/22/19 at 12:55:38

pg wrote on 11/22/19 at 11:36:17:

No surprise there.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/hunter-biden-linked-company-recei...

No surprise there, nothing to see....

Best regards,

*yawn*

I guess when there's no way to defend, one must deflect.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/22/19 at 12:55:53

Eegore wrote on 11/22/19 at 11:37:07:
"Asked about the discrepancy, since the committee previously said it was only ordering copies as supporters requested them, Reed said via email: “We stand by our statement.”"

Man I wish I could use that logic with Law Enforcement or the IRS.

LOL - right?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 11/22/19 at 12:59:43

The RNC said that it has raised more than $500,000 from sales of the book, which the younger Trump has been promoting through a nationwide book tour, with stops at Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble stores and the Trump International Hotel. In the 287-page book, which bears the subtitle “How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us,” he rails against Democrats, saying that their goal was to “make my father and me cower in a corner, curl up in a ball, and die.”

pretty hefty mark up.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 10:09:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Triggered

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.