Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Sondland testimony
Reply #60 - 11/22/19 at 14:00:35

T And T Garage wrote on 11/22/19 at 13:58:00:
pg wrote on 11/22/19 at 13:49:24:
Mavigogun wrote on 11/22/19 at 13:27:16:
"Conservative values"?  Don't flatter yourself

If you don't believe I am a concervative, where do you think rest on the political spectrum?

Best regards,

"Conservative values" is the problem.

What "values"?

Party over everything?
Profit over all else?
Hypocrisy?
Small government, yet they want to rule over a woman's right?

How many prosecutions from the trump administration so far?

See, that's the problem with "conservative values".

Please note I responded to mavigogun…

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #61 - 11/22/19 at 14:05:11

If you don't believe I am a concervative-

"Since", not "if"- you've most definitely not demonstrated "conservative values".   You sought to claim unearned validation from the moral touchstone of Conservatism.   You're no better than the company you keep, the crap you support- you can pretend otherwise, but it is absurd to expect anyone else to pretend along with you.  

What's the point in being a Conservative-in-name-only?  An ideological poser?  "When I'm in church, I'm a Christian- but out here in the world, I play the Devil's game."   No one respects that- atheist or believer.   You're not the first person to tell themselves they are righteous to justify deplorable acts- it's a common recourse of those who have accepted moral failure.

That mirror you're avoiding:

Every honest person knows Trump is being shielded by his office and the GOP Senate- dishonest people, too -the difference being character, and what they're willing to say.

We know Trump swindled students.   We know he stole from a charity for veterans.   We know he cheated on his pregnant wife and committed campaign finance violations in attempt to cover it up.   We know he schemed to violate our Constitution and corrupt an ally state.   We know that he stood before the world and denounced our own intelligence agents' reports in favor of Putin.

Those are YOUR values.   You own them now.   You are no better than that.  

"Conservative values"?  Don't flatter yourself.  

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #62 - 11/22/19 at 14:14:01

Mavigogun wrote on 11/22/19 at 14:05:11:
If you don't believe I am a concervative-

"Since", not "if"- you've most definitely not demonstrated "conservative values".   You sought to claim unearned validation from the moral touchstone of Conservatism.   You're no better than the company you keep, the crap you support- you can pretend otherwise, but it is absurd to expect anyone else to pretend along with you.  

What's the point in being a Conservative-in-name-only?  An ideological poser?  "When I'm in church, I'm a Christian- but out here in the world, I play the Devil's game."   No one respects that- atheist or believer.   You're not the first person to tell themselves they are righteous to justify deplorable acts- it's a common recourse of those who have accepted moral failure.

That mirror you're avoiding:

Every honest person knows Trump is being shielded by his office and the GOP Senate- dishonest people, too -the difference being character, and what they're willing to say.

We know Trump swindled students.   We know he stole from a charity for veterans.   We know he cheated on his pregnant wife and committed campaign finance violations in attempt to cover it up.   We know he schemed to violate our Constitution and corrupt an ally state.   We know that he stood before the world and denounced our own intelligence agents' reports in favor of Putin.

"Conservative values"?  Don't flatter yourself.  

Other than posting some very unflattering comments, you still did not answer my question 'where do you think I rest on the political spectrum?'

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #63 - 11/22/19 at 14:28:09

pg wrote on 11/22/19 at 14:14:01:
Other than posting some very unflattering comments, you still did not answer my question 'where do you think I rest on the political spectrum?'

They were unflattering observations.    You can call yourself an astrophysicist, or a Girl Scout, or a dolphin, or any number of things you clearly are not- it ain't my job to put you in the box you prefer.   If you want to be a Conservative, have at it, and good luck- but it's not what you've demonstrated here.

It seems you want to feel "Conservative" without being conservative.    What are you?   You want me to categorize you?   I reckon I've made that explicitly clear already.

"'Can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding", as the song goes.   You can aspire to be whatever you choose- if "Conservative" is that thing, we'd probably all be a fare bit better off if you were to walk that walk.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 11/22/19 at 15:13:42

pg wrote on 11/22/19 at 14:00:35:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/22/19 at 13:58:00:
Mavigogun wrote on 11/22/19 at 13:27:16:
"Conservative values"?  Don't flatter yourself

If you don't believe I am a concervative, where do you think rest on the political spectrum?

Best regards,

"Conservative values" is the problem.

What "values"?

Party over everything?
Profit over all else?
Hypocrisy?
Small government, yet they want to rule over a woman's right?

How many prosecutions from the trump administration so far?

See, that's the problem with "conservative values".

Please note I responded to mavigogun…

Best regards,

So?

Am I not allowed to comment?

Is this your first time in a forum?

LOL

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #65 - 11/22/19 at 15:40:13

Conservative values is close to an oxymoron. The GOP has long ditched any pretence to conservative values, free market economy and reduction of deficit are two obvious examples.

@Mavigogun, in your list of Trumpian malfeasance a few posts ago I was at that very moment pondering the meta plot that was going on in all this and it is more insidious to me.

Roll this around in your brain for a while... the over riding international mission of the US would be to promote democracy and democratic values as opposed to totalitarianism. I think that we can all agree that fundamentally that is the crucial dividing line. So the meta story is that the President of the US is actively engaged in injecting endemic corruption directly into the veins of a brand new reformist govt.

To me this is what the GOP have to gloss over in order to continue their path of the last few years. And this is not surprising because their path appears to be gradually building towards a totalitarian regime but maybe with a Western tilt.

It started in earnest with the illegitimate blocking of Merrick Garland. This is key to the plan which to be fair has worked better than they could have dreamed. One more term for the GOP and the plan is complete because they will have the Supreme Court in their pocket for 30 years, as well as the bulk of the appeal courts.

Their Gerrymandering would be safe, and corruption would by then be an accepted part of the US govt. Once the Executive had the Judicial branch in their pocket all three branches can collude in plain sight. This is the vision that Trump has for the future of America.

Look at Barr's speech to the Federalist Society las week... https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attorney-general-william-p-barr-delivers-1...

https://theweek.com/articles/879112/william-barrs-chilling-vision-unchecked-p...

A Republic if you can keep it.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #66 - 11/22/19 at 20:38:55

The start is a difficult thing to find.   I'd go back a bit farther- The Contract with America was the first overt public announcement that the GOP were retreating from the democratic process.   Then the propaganda network, Fox, prepared the groundwork.   Their first bald salvo was the Redmap Project- an open attack on the structure of democracy.   The New Civil War was already underway; though we had grown accustomed and inured to petty Republican malfeasance, this last transgression was viewed with a degree of disreality- our neighbors had betrayed us, and we had let them, failing to imagine their willingness to dispose of our egalitarian principles so completely.  Ever since, the pretense of caring for the rule of law has grown thinner and thinner, until now their clumsy lack of effort amounts to a sneering spit in the face of the Republic.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #67 - 11/23/19 at 10:29:58

T And T Garage wrote on 11/22/19 at 15:13:42:
So?

Am I not allowed to comment?

Is this your first time in a forum?

No forum rules exist that prevent you from posting.  However, interceding in that manner demonstrates a lack of decorum and civility.

Best regards,

« Last Edit: 11/23/19 at 15:11:52 by pg »  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #68 - 11/23/19 at 14:33:18

pg wrote on 11/23/19 at 10:29:58:
However, intercending in that manner demonstrates a lack of decorum and civility.

You are Devin Nunes and I claim my five quid.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #69 - 11/24/19 at 04:25:38

However, interceding in that manner demonstrates a lack of decorum and civility.

As if you cared- even a tiny bit -about "decorum and civility".   No one actually possessing those values could stand with Trump.   Such an overt non sequitur is nothing less than a declaration that you don't give a dammn about the truth, and won't be acting in good faith- poor pretending with no attempt made to hide the sneer underneath.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #70 - 11/24/19 at 08:04:35

Mavigogun wrote on 11/24/19 at 04:25:38:
However, interceding in that manner demonstrates a lack of decorum and civility.

As if you cared- even a tiny bit -about "decorum and civility".   No one actually possessing those values could stand with Trump.   Such an overt non sequitur is nothing less than a declaration that you don't give a dammn about the truth, and won't be acting in good faith- poor pretending with no attempt made to hide the sneer underneath.

If your so concerned about the truth and a champion of justice, do you support an investigation into the Bidens?  He was on national TV bragging about a true abuse of power and quid pro joe.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #71 - 11/24/19 at 08:18:29

Biden's withholding of $1B funds was in agreement with US policy and Europe. 100% proper and approved.

No one thinks Trump's action was proper.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #72 - 11/24/19 at 08:45:11

Biden's motivation was NOT for personal gain
Trumps motivation was

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #73 - 11/24/19 at 09:16:40

No one thinks Trump's action was proper.

No, lots of people do.
Why do you speak as absolute?

Have a investigation into Biden then, let the facts speak.

Why did he resign, why did others say his role was improper, another word might be, it was wrong.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #74 - 11/24/19 at 09:17:31

Biden's motivation was NOT for personal gain

I disagree...his son made lots of money, and other remarked it was wrong too.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 10:11:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Sondland testimony

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.