Alive And Well (Read 164 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Alive And Well
Reply #15 - 11/30/19 at 16:27:21

Mavigogun wrote on 11/30/19 at 05:02:19:
"Political correctness" used to just be known as "decency",

If it used to known as decency, what is it known as now?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/30/19 at 16:32:32

"If it used to known as decency, what is it known as now?"

Political Correctness.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #17 - 11/30/19 at 17:02:20

Eegore wrote on 11/30/19 at 16:32:32:
Political Correctness.

It was never decent....

The term first appeared in Marxist-Leninist vocabulary following the Russian Revolution of 1917. At that time it was used to describe adherence to the policies and principles of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (that is, the party line).

Yes, the Bolsheviks were kind souls.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/30/19 at 20:18:14

I'm just using the logic of the presented material:

"Political correctness" used to just be known as "decency"

This was followed with the question:

These two sentences answer each other.  Political Correctness used to be known as Decency, but is today known as, or called Political Correctness.  So the answer to the question "What is Decency called now?" would be Political Correctness.

Red used to be known as Blue.

What is it called now?

Red.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #19 - 11/30/19 at 20:43:18

More often than not, the phrase is used by despicable people to distract/deflect from their egregious acts -as is the case here.  Declaring that you enjoy calling folks you don't like names they don't care for, then labelling black folks "colored", is baldly racist provocation.  Objecting to your disregard of harm and denial of dignity for blacks is just the decent response.   You already understood that when you chose your words; you've made who you are perfectly clear- this ruse of denial is rediculouse.  Which is the point-  plausibility was never your purpose, so much as telegraghing the terms by which you will engage.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #20 - 12/01/19 at 04:02:07

Mavigogun wrote on 11/30/19 at 20:43:18:
More often than not, the phrase is used by despicable people to distract/deflect from their egregious acts -as is the case here.  Declaring that you enjoy calling folks you don't like names they don't care for, then labelling black folks "colored", is baldly racist provocation.  Objecting to your disregard of harm and denial of dignity for blacks is just the decent response.   You already understood that when you chose your words; you've made who you are perfectly clear- this ruse of denial is rediculouse.  Which is the point-  plausibility was never your purpose, so much as telegraghing the terms by which you will engage.

Yet another incorrect protuberance on your behalf.   I did not label or state their race, origin, so on.  Your made an incorrect assumption, yet again.  Evidently you believe all people of color have their ancestral roots from Africa…..

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #21 - 12/01/19 at 10:53:58

pg wrote on 12/01/19 at 04:02:07:
 Evidently you believe all people of color have their ancestral roots from Africa….

Sophistic noise- your choice was "colored", not "people of color".    Your character is seen in light of the totality of what you've exposed here- including your recent truncated cut-n-past Civil War Era history to support the notion that opposition to slavery was purely economic self interest.   Your protest is disingenious, deniability implausible.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #22 - 12/01/19 at 12:55:28

Mavigogun wrote on 12/01/19 at 10:53:58:
the notion that opposition to slavery was purely economic self interest.

Wrong again.....   I did not comment on the institution of slavery.  I stated:   'the economics of slavery and political control of that system that was central to the conflict.'  Furthermore, you yet again try to project some kind of 'self interest' and you even stated my ancestors likely benefited from the slavery establishment.  The following passage strengthens my position.

In an August 1862 letter to anti-slavery journalist Horace Greeley, Lincoln explained:
I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was". ... My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #23 - 12/01/19 at 21:30:56

pg wrote on 12/01/19 at 12:55:28:
Wrong again.....   I did not comment on the institution of slavery.

Backpedaling would be more effective if you weren't referring to a record anyone could just scroll up and read.

The war was not about any noble effort, it was simply about economics...

The "noble effort" alluded to here was the Abolitionist Movement.   For a guy who lies so often, you do it exceptionally poorly.

... you even stated my ancestors likely benefited from the slavery establishment.

As it turns out, you're a willful immigrant to Confederate values, rather than a native son.   A man of your own making.  Most folks who pretend the Civil War was "simply about economic", and nothing to do with the Abolitionist Movement, the conscientious rejection of slavery, do so to feel better about the evil choices of their ancestors.   They do it for false pride.   The record is clear and extant: plenty of folks rejected slavery on moral basis, were motivated to fight as an ethical imperative.   You pretending otherwise is insipid.

The topic of this thread is the compelling pattern of malpractice by law enforcement and profound inequity in application of the justice system.   For whatever reason, that topic makes you uncomfortable enough to play this stupid what-about-ism game, floundering about from recent unrelated anecdotes to the Civil War to justify your animus.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #24 - 12/02/19 at 05:58:32

Mavigogun wrote on 12/01/19 at 21:30:56:
As it turns out, you're a willful immigrant to Confederate values, rather than a native son.   A man of your own making.  Most folks who pretend the Civil War was "simply about economic", and nothing to do with the Abolitionist Movement, the conscientious rejection of slavery, do so to feel better about the evil choices of their ancestors.   They do it for false pride.   The record is clear and extant: plenty of folks rejected slavery on moral basis, were motivated to fight as an ethical imperative.   You pretending otherwise is insipid.

Morongogun, it the history.com and pbs.org 'a willful immigrant to Confederate values'?  Please refer to my posts where I cited their articles.  See how that works.....

Also, I made no comment on the institution of slavery.  Other than to dispute your ludicrous assertion my ancestors benefitted from the slave trade.  I also made no comment on the abolitionist movement as well.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #25 - 12/02/19 at 06:22:32

pg wrote on 12/02/19 at 05:58:32:
 Please refer to my posts where I cited their articles.

Congratulations- you've achieved the level of every dullard who believes sprinkling their prejudice and supposition with record conveys credibility by association.   Your cut-n-paste of the well elucidated accounts of others only emphasizes your own blindered review of history.

Also, I made no comment on the institution of slavery.

Don't believe what we read, eh?   Good on you, "pg", emulating those you admire most.   Go for the big, obvious lie.   Unfortunate for you, that requires a complicit audience who have an interest in surrendering discernment, basic literacy.

The war was not about any noble effort, it was simply about economics...

'I didn't say the word "slavery".   I didn't say "quid-pro-quo"'.

Such fundamental dishonesty- I would be ashamed.   You make your choices... and are known by them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 08:22:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Alive And Well

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.