Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ivanovitch mentioned in Trump/Zelensky call (Read 142 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Ivanovitch mentioned in Trump/Zelensky call
11/17/19 at 01:44:28

Trump keeps saying 'read the transcript'. This seems even more ironic after Ivanovitch's testimony. He 33 years of service in some of the world's most dangerous places, under six presidents wondered, who even the Republican's at the inquiry, praised, was set up to be investigated by Ukraine simply to further Trump's scheme.

Here's the transcript in full https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf and here's the relevant passage, where he slags off Ivanovitch and implies she's corrupt then Zelensky says he'll get onto it, obviously this has already all been set up as we've been hearing all week.

Zelensky:He or she will look. into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is  actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of.that and wi11 work on the investigation of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would_ be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name was Ivanovictch. It was great that you were the first one. who told me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree·with you 100%. Her attitude to.wards me was far from the best as she admired the previous President and she was on his· side.

This is utter insanity, this is a brand new spanking fresh govt in the newly emerging democracy and Trump is corrupting Zelensky before he even gets started.

Sondland has already said that "Zelensky will do anything you want" to Trump, on the phone which was overheard by three people at the restaurant, and they'll be testifying, and Sondland will know this before he goes up for his third attempt to clarify the situation next week. I think this will be the moment that it all comes tumbling down for Trump, Sondland will not risk jail for perjury now everything has been corroborated.

As Yovanovitch said, it's utterly amazing that Guiliani could work with two corrupt private donors to Trump as well as the former corrupt prosecutor to have a US ambassador, (one of the most senior) removed. How easy was that they must have wondered.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Re: Ivanovitch mentioned in Trump/Zelensky call
Reply #1 - 11/17/19 at 03:09:29

I think this will be the moment that it all comes tumbling down for Trump,

1) Trumpitors don't care that he is a criminal/bigot/liar/enemy of democracy/etc.
2) Those remaining in the GOP have gone all-in on pleasing Trump's base.
3) There is no three.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/17/19 at 05:02:54

I found the exchange below to be of great interest. In a world where the press did not mostly wear their team's blue jersey, this would have made significant waves. Those in the Obama administration already knew Joe Biden's son was given a job specifically to influence the VP. Training a nominee how to cleverly dance around the issue isn't really confronting it.

Stefanik: The first time that you personally became aware of Burisma was actually when you were being prepared by the Obama State Department for your Senate confirmation hearings and this was in the form of practice questions and answers. This was your deposition. And you testified that in this particular practice Q&A with the Obama State Department, it wasn’t just generally about Burisma and corruption, it was specifically about Hunter Biden and Burisma. Is that correct?

Yovanovitch: Yes, it is.

Stefanik: And the exact quote from your testimony is, “The way the question was phrased in this model Q&A was, ‘what can you tell us about Hunter Biden being named to the board of Burisma?'” So for the millions of Americans watching, President Obama’s own State Department was so concerned about potential conflicts of interest from Hunter Biden’s role at Burisma that they raised it themselves while prepping this wonderful ambassador nominee before her confirmation and yet our Democratic colleagues and the Chairman of this committee cry foul when we dare ask that same question that the Obama State Department was so concerned about.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/17/19 at 05:06:34

Folowed by this exchange:

Ratcliffe: I’d like to ask you about your earlier testimony about your Senate confirmation and congresswoman Stefanik had asked you how the Obama-Biden State Department had prepared you to answer questions about Burisma and Hunter Biden specifically. You recall that?

Yovanovitch: Yes.

Ratcliffe: And she mentioned that you had been asked or been prepared for a question about Hunter Biden’s role on the board of Burisma but I don’t think that you gave us the answer or answers that the Obama-Biden State Department prepared you to give in response to that question. Do you remember what those answers were?

Yovanovitch: Yeah it was something along the lines of, “I would refer you to the vice president’s office on that.”

Ratcliffe: So did they in the course of that brief you about the amount of money that Hunter Biden was being paid by Burisma?

Yovanovitch: No, this wasn’t part of a briefing. I mean I had sort of big old books with questions that might come up.

Ratcliffe: In preparation for your confirmation and they thought that Hunter Biden’s role at Burisma might be significant enough that it would come up during your confirmation, is that correct?

Yovanovitch: Apparently so, I mean there were hundreds of questions.

Ratcliffe: Well, hundreds of questions, but were there hundreds of companies? how many companies other than Burisma did the Obama-Biden State Department prepare you to give answers for and if so, if there were others. which ones?

Yovanovitch: I just don’t recall.

Ratcliffe: You don’t recall that there were any other companies, is that correct?

Yovanovitch: I’m quite sure there probably were some companies, but I mean, you know, this is a while ago and I don’t recall.

Ratcliffe: But you specifically recall Burisma?

Ratcliffe: All right, out of thousands of companies in the Ukraine the only one that you recall the Obama-Biden State Department preparing you to answer questions about was the one where the vice president’s son was on the board, is that fair?

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #4 - 11/17/19 at 06:51:26

I guess you just don't get it- the President extorted an ally country at war with Russia for a public smear.    It may be that Biden will need to account for himself; our judgement of that accounting in no way mitigates Trump's damage to the office of the President and our country, betrayal of our values, and national interest expressed via Congress.

I don't like Biden- but that has no bearing on Trump's corruption.  Have grounds for persuing charges against Biden?   Have at it.   In the meanwhile, the President of the United States is doing real damage that demands address by patriots.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/17/19 at 06:55:35

the president extorted an ally country at war with Russia for a public smear

That's an allegation not supported by the most direct evidence, which is the transcript of the call.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 11/17/19 at 07:38:19

the most direct evidence will come from those who have 1st hand knowledge but at this point are barred by trump to testify..
how do you spell obstruction?

« Last Edit: 11/17/19 at 12:30:37 by thumperclone »  

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #7 - 11/17/19 at 07:40:24

the house should call trumph to testify
then lying to congress could be added to the charges

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 11/17/19 at 09:54:02

All three witnesses:  can you assert their was an impeachable offence?

Ahhh, ahhh, but, but, we have a second hand antidote of.....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #9 - 11/17/19 at 10:55:58

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 11/17/19 at 14:47:31

WebsterMark wrote on 11/17/19 at 06:55:35:
the president extorted an ally country at war with Russia for a public smear

That's an allegation not supported by the most direct evidence, which is the transcript of the call.

@WM, we've had the direct evidence and more is coming with Sondland's testimony. Regarding Burisma, no one has spoken of a conflict of interest, it is just a bad look, a perceived conflict. Ultimately though Bidden Sr was following established US foreign policy.

pg wrote on 11/17/19 at 09:54:02:
All three witnesses:  can you assert their was an impeachable offence?

Ahhh, ahhh, but, but, we have a second hand antidote of.....

All three witnesses have already said multiple times that they are not there to give a view on impeachment as they are non partisan career diplomats. So you've simply quoted Nunes leading question that he knows they cannot answer so pointing to a non answer as somehow exonerating Trump's corruption only works for fools.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 11/17/19 at 15:33:34

Repub's said they wanted evidence of "Quid pro Quo" outside the phone call...
Now that it's coming forth, they say, "This is hearsay, because these people weren't on the call...

Catch 22... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 11/17/19 at 16:32:59

The phone call on July 25th was the focal point of the whistle blower's complaint.  That is why it is so imperative the witnesses 2nd and 3rd hand information is not credible.

On September 24, 2019, Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi announced that committees would undertake formal impeachment inquiries after reports about controversial interactions between Trump and the country of Ukraine because of that phone call.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #13 - 11/17/19 at 21:02:15

WebsterMark wrote on 11/17/19 at 06:55:35:

Agents of Trump have testified to setting the stage for extortion before the call.   Trump withheld vital weaponry for no other reason than to extort Ukraine.  The stage set, Trump clearly predicated release of aid on help with his election campaign on the call.   There's no supposition- the circumstance is overt.   You might as well be declaring the South won the Civil War- it's that absurd.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 11/18/19 at 03:45:29

Mavigogun wrote on 11/17/19 at 21:02:15:
Agents of Trump have testified to setting the stage for extortion before the call.   Trump withheld vital weaponry for no other reason than to extort Ukraine.  The stage set, Trump clearly predicated release of aid on help with his election campaign on the call.   There's no supposition- the circumstance is overt.  

Except, Zelensky didn't know the aid was held until a month after the call.....

Why didn't Barry give them more support in the form of lethal military weaponry?

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 05:27:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ivanovitch mentioned in Trump/Zelensky call

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.