Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
BMW 1,800cc Cruiser
11/16/19 at 03:58:14

BMW is evidently going to try making a cruiser again.  Not sure why they think that market is going to be rewarding for them......what is the point of making a 200,000 mile motorcycle when the riders never go very far between cafe's/bars?

The guy in the video gives me the creeps......not sure why they think "HE" is the right guy to promote their product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4GY85u0ZQ&feature=emb_logo

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: BMW 1,800cc Cruiser
Reply #1 - 11/16/19 at 08:40:19

Better than their last effort... Nice sound.
Wish they'd make a 650 like that...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 11/16/19 at 13:59:14

I hate to agree with you on this one Dave, but yeah, not the right guy.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 11/16/19 at 15:44:15

No doubt you would buy enough S40's to last your life, for the price of the Beamer.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 11/16/19 at 20:49:16

Open Shaft Drive ...  Sad ... just waiting for someones pants leg to get caught in.   And "End-Less" power in ripping those pants right off of ya !  

What on earth are they thinking ... what a combo ...

Dave you should buy one then sue for a new pair of pants afterwards !  Wink

I know they mean well  Roll Eyes   nice looking machine too !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 11/18/19 at 18:25:24

Please keep this thread about the BMW Cruiser.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Guidelines
Reply #6 - 11/18/19 at 20:15:45

Dave wrote on 11/16/19 at 03:58:14:
The guy in the video gives me the creeps......not sure why they think "HE" is the right guy to promote their product.

Dave, this is a clear violation of the Cafe guidelines, which forbids disparagement.

Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated.

We have a diversity of values and people present here; injecting your personal religious beliefs into this space, this thread by way of questioning the gender of a rider is disruptive, gratuitous, and a violation of the guidelines.   Please remove the infraction, followed by this post.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #7 - 11/18/19 at 20:37:53

Not a cruiser guy, but the red one is pretty handsome.
Look at the price tags and sales of the Ducati Drivel, the Triumph Rocket Three, and the HD power cruisers and you'll understand why BMW is making one.
In many ways the cruiser market offers the ultimate customer. They never ride far enough to wear out the bikes. They buy endless shiny baubles and farkles, and they don't work on the bikes themselves. And if they are spending $20K on the bike, they'll buy other trinkets as well.
The BMW 1200C cruiser sold well for a number of years. BMW pulled out when 1200ccs became too tiny for the power cruiser market.
A lot of the owner base for a model such as this are the guys who think buying a bike is the mechanical equivalent of getting together with a group of guys, dropping their pants, and passing out rulers.
Big motor, big dollars, big size means a lot to folks making up for inadequacies elsewhere.
Where I live, every parking lot is clogged with Land Rovers and other huge SUVs used to carry one person to a grocery store, or a tiny kid to grade school.
When I'm being kind I call them visible status driven, shallow, vile, materialistic, label worshiping trinket whores.
BMW will sell a bunch, I'm sure.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #8 - 11/18/19 at 20:42:05

The P. C. police are everywhere, trying to make every coment into a Federal Case!
GET OVER IT!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Guidelines
Reply #9 - 11/18/19 at 21:35:45

Mavigogun wrote on 11/18/19 at 20:15:45:

Dave, this is a clear violation of the Cafe guidelines, which forbids disparagement.

Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated.

We have a diversity of values and people present here; injecting your personal religious beliefs into this space, this thread by way of questioning the gender of a rider is disruptive, gratuitous, and a violation of the guidelines.   Please remove the infraction, followed by this post.

Mindboggling...

That's hilarious..

I'm not even gonna explain what is wrong with that criticism..

Only in the mind of a constipated hall monitor lefty is that even almost reasonable

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MilyRose
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 11/18/19 at 22:14:09

Wow! BMW 1,800cc Cruiser is really a beauty. So graceful. I love two wheels very much. I must say this site is an amazing one for information regarding automobiles. The video provided here along with the data is so astonishing.

« Last Edit: 11/27/19 at 20:51:23 by MilyRose »  
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 11/18/19 at 22:53:37

Good ad for a scout.

WWW   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #12 - 11/19/19 at 01:58:51

Guess the US is a democracy, so people will buy what they want, regardless of who fronts the ad.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 11/19/19 at 04:54:59

Mavigogun wrote on 11/18/19 at 20:15:45:

We have a diversity of values and people present here; injecting your personal religious beliefs into this space, this thread by way of questioning the gender of a rider is disruptive, gratuitous, and a violation of the guidelines.

At no time did I ever question the fellows gender.

If you read that into my "creepy" statement or my use of referring to him as "HE" - you are wrong.  The area where I live does not find neck art and a nose ring as being "normal"........and it would make most people uncomfortable.

Please stop inserting "your" agenda into these threads.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #14 - 11/19/19 at 05:54:27

Dave wrote on 11/19/19 at 04:54:59:
At no time did I ever question the fellows gender. ... Please stop inserting "your" agenda into these threads.

How else are we to interpret your quoted, capitalized, use of "he"?  What else could you possibly be intending to convey, Dave?

In your message to me, you volunteered that you took religious issue with people who appear to you to be "LGBT"; wasn't it you, Dave, who inserted your agenda into this thread at the very beginning?

It was not my wish to single you out, Dave.  As you recall, I said exactly that in my message to you, speaking positively of the impression you have made on me.  After several comments to this thread supporting your assessment, I wrote generally about our preconceptions of bikers, taking care to set a positive tone.  You deleted that post.

Just as you felt compelled to insert "HE" into your initial comment, I am compelled to reflect on your statement- to not do so would be a tacit endorsement.  I would not have my participation in this or any other thread be interpreted as support for excluding riders based on race, sex, religion, etc; this post fulfills my obligation to make that clear.   Again, there should be no cause to belabor the issue- can we just talk about bikes, and leave expressions of what kind of people we don't like for some other space?  

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 14:15:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › BMW 1,800cc Cruiser

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.