Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New variables in the equation (Read 180 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: New variables in the equation
Reply #15 - 11/12/19 at 14:49:47

T And T Garage wrote on 11/12/19 at 07:12:39:
pg wrote on 11/11/19 at 10:00:44:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/11/19 at 09:39:32:
WebsterMark wrote on 11/09/19 at 05:20:09:
Warren details the impossibility of paying for Medicare for All.
Bernie says it’s not illegal to be an illegal.
Bloomberg sees how awful Democratic field is, enters race.

All those variables increase Trump’s odds in 2020

Those are simplistic, inaccurate right wing talking points.

Why are they inaccurate......

Best regards,

It's obvious.  There's no need to explain.

Yeah, it is obvious. Obvious you have no argument....    Grin

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 11/12/19 at 14:56:40

How do you like your new wall?...  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/12/19 at 15:04:00

pg wrote on 11/12/19 at 14:49:47:

Best regards,

No, it's obvious that no matter what I put forth, it would be rejected by people like you.  You don't really want debate.  You want to scoff and name call.

There is no sense in that.  It's not worth my time.

But I will say - It's obvious that Sanders doesn't want "open borders".  His position is not to make illegal aliens "legal".  Anyone who believes that is either mistaken or stupid.

Further, Warren has pointed out that Medicare For All is more than feasible.  The only salient point is that which Eegore makes, in that our economy - for the time being - is going to make it tough to do in the manner that Warren presents it.

Bloomberg only entered the race to help out his fellow billionaires.  That's quite easy to see.

So you see, there really is no point in trying to go into any kind of detail on this with a hardline conservative.

It's much easier to show the buffoonery that trump exhibits on a typical day.  That, and his failing presidency.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #18 - 11/12/19 at 15:13:30

T And T Garage wrote on 11/12/19 at 15:04:00:
pg wrote on 11/12/19 at 14:49:47:

Best regards,

No, it's obvious that no matter what I put forth, it would be rejected by people like you.  You don't really want debate.  You want to scoff and name call.

There is no sense in that.  It's not worth my time.

But I will say - It's obvious that Sanders doesn't want "open borders".  His position is not to make illegal aliens "legal".  Anyone who believes that is either mistaken or stupid.

Further, Warren has pointed out that Medicare For All is more than feasible.  The only salient point is that which Eegore makes, in that our economy - for the time being - is going to make it tough to do in the manner that Warren presents it.

Bloomberg only entered the race to help out his fellow billionaires.  That's quite easy to see.

So you see, there really is no point in trying to go into any kind of detail on this with a hardline conservative.

It's much easier to show the buffoonery that trump exhibits on a typical day.  That, and his failing presidency.

Your homeboy wants to break up ICE and provide a pathway to citizenship.  

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/07/sanders-immigration-plan-ice-cbp/

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/12/19 at 15:17:10

pg wrote on 11/12/19 at 15:13:30:
Your homeboy wants to break up ICE and provide a pathway to citizenship.  

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/07/sanders-immigration-plan-ice-cbp/

Best regards,

Yep.  I support that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/12/19 at 18:57:02

"Your homeboy wants to break up ICE and provide a pathway to citizenship."

I'm not sure why a pathway to citizenship is such a bad thing.

As for "break up" ICE I see advantages and disadvantages to placing into another Federal Branch.

This does not mean I am pro-"open borders", I think we should be able to deport.  The complaints about Obama and the massive deportation's for instance were necessary if the other structures of funding like the ACA, VA reform etc. were going to work.  You can't provide more lower cost benefits to more Americans and also provide similar care to everyone that sneaks in illegally.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 11/13/19 at 04:59:37

Here's the thing, my friend TT! You can't be taken seriously as an observer of national politics if you state with absolute certainty, a wet sock would beat Trump.That's the voice of an unreasonable, hyper-partisan.

Let's contrast that with my view. A sitting President in a good economy running against an opponent whose platform calls for dramatic shifts in numerous segments of the economy has a realistic chance of reelection. No reasonable person can deny that. I believe his odds of success right now are greater than his odds of losing and I fully admit  that's a debatable point.

If you want to argue that Trump's baggage opens the possibility or even likelihood that enough voters in those key states will look past the economy, then go ahead. But don't say Trump has zero chance and expect to be taken seriously.

That's why I always challenge you guys to bet. Put $50 or $100 bucks down and all of a sudden the ridiculousness goes away and an honest assessment occurs.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/13/19 at 07:35:58

WebsterMark wrote on 11/13/19 at 04:59:37:
Here's the thing, my friend TT! You can't be taken seriously as an observer of national politics if you state with absolute certainty, a wet sock would beat Trump.That's the voice of an unreasonable, hyper-partisan.

I'm not sure how many times I have to say this, but I'll say it again.  It's got nothing to do with partisanship and everything to do with the idiot that trump is.  It's about trump, not the republican party (that's a whole other ball of wax).  I've also said more than once that I would have voted for Kasich over Hillary.  So there you have it....

Let's contrast that with my view. A sitting President in a good economy running against an opponent whose platform calls for dramatic shifts in numerous segments of the economy has a realistic chance of reelection. No reasonable person can deny that. I believe his odds of success right now are greater than his odds of losing and I fully admit  that's a debatable point.

That might be debatable if the polling didn't show that Americans support some type of national healthcare.  Maybe not a 100% "Medicare For All", but something better than we have now - an enhancement to ACA.

Further, when you have getting money out of politics polling in the 70% range across all party lines, that's saying something.  Sanders has been pushing this for decades.  He's been a rock.

If you want to argue that Trump's baggage opens the possibility or even likelihood that enough voters in those key states will look past the economy, then go ahead. But don't say Trump has zero chance and expect to be taken seriously.

His chances are approaching zero if he continues on this path.  If you don't like the news, that's not my fault.  He is toxic.  His baggage is overwhelming and his debates will be nothing but defensive.

That's why I always challenge you guys to bet. Put $50 or $100 bucks down and all of a sudden the ridiculousness goes away and an honest assessment occurs.

I will never bet with you.  Ever.  Never.  Full stop.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/13/19 at 10:38:54

Wow.....you're totally gone.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/13/19 at 11:01:28

I'll take the $100 wager as long as the funds go to the forum.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 11/13/19 at 11:42:35

WebsterMark wrote on 11/13/19 at 10:38:54:
Wow.....you're totally gone.

You're entitled to your opinion.  Please feel free to take up Eegore's offer.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 11/13/19 at 13:52:43

Eegore wrote on 11/13/19 at 11:01:28:
 I'll take the $100 wager as long as the funds go to the forum.

You're not a clown like my good friend TT who's making outrageous claims that are just begging to be bet on....

It's hard now because we don't know who the combatants are. But I'd say right now, if its Trump vs Warren, Trump wins. But Warren might not be the one.

Democrats could win if the put up anybody sane. I still say if Amy Koboulchar had come out that first debate and told off the rest of those clowns, she would have taken a hit initially, but might be in the picture by now.

What do you have in mind?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 11/13/19 at 14:21:51

WebsterMark wrote on 11/13/19 at 13:52:43:
You're not a clown like my good friend TT who's making outrageous claims that are just begging to be bet on....

Nice to see that you're not making any personal attacks anymore.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 11/13/19 at 18:40:19

"What do you have in mind?"

Nothing.

I am just saying that whatever your wager is I am willing to take it as log as the funds go to this forum.  I assume you are saying Trump will win, so if he does I will pay $200 USD to this forum, I only ask that if Trump does not win you pay the $200 USD.

If I am mistaken simply reverse the wager.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 11/13/19 at 19:45:44

I'm not paying $200 to this cesspool.....

$50 to the forum, $150 to the charity of our choice.

Deal?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 15:27:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › New variables in the equation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.