T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Go Greta!
11/08/19 at 14:49:31

“Change is coming whether you like it or not.”

Love this girl!!

Speaking at a rally in Charlotte, N.C., Friday, Swedish teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg shut down a heckler who tried to interrupt her speech.

“I think if you want to speak with me personally, maybe you can do it later,” Thunberg said before the crowd erupted, chanting her first name.

The 16-year-old, who has been traveling around North America to raise awareness about climate change, was imploring fellow youth leaders to speak out in the fight against global warming when she paused as someone near the stage tried to speak over her.

“It can be hard in times like these to find hope, I can tell you,” Thunberg said before the interruption. “And I can tell you I have not found much hope in politicians and corporations. It is the people who are now our greatest source of hope.

“While we young people may not be able to vote or make decisions today, we have something just as powerful,” she said. “And that is our voices. And we need to use them.”

As she had in previous speeches, Thunberg chastised adults for their inaction on fighting climate change.

“It is we young people who are the future,” she continued. “There is not enough time to wait for us to grow up and become the ones in charge because we need to tackle the climate and ecological emergency right now.”

“If the adults and people in power are too immature to realize that, then we need to let them know,” Thunberg added. “Change is coming whether you like it or not.”

For more than a year, Thunberg has been attending Friday climate rallies in cities around the world. In September, she attended the United Nations climate summit in New York City, delivering an angry and impassioned speech denouncing world leaders for failing to do more to combat climate change.

“This is all wrong,” Thunberg said. “I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean, yet you come to us young people for hope. How dare you.”

The speech at the U.N. drew the attention of President Trump, who mocked the teen in a tweet.

“She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future,” Trump wrote. “So nice to see!”

Thunberg responded by changing her Twitter bio to read: “A very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future.”

In an interview with Yahoo News in Iowa in September, Thunberg said powerful men like Trump “want to silence” young climate activists like her.

“They can sense that we are making an impact,” she said. “They obviously don’t want that. So they are using several methods to mock and hate.”

Last week, Thunberg told Ellen DeGeneres she wouldn’t want to meet with Trump even if given the opportunity.

“I don’t understand why I would do that,” Thunberg said. “I don’t see what I could tell him that he hasn’t already heard. And I just think it would be a waste of time, really.”

http://www.yahoo.com/news/greta-thunberg-heckler-climate-rally-charlotte-2040...

Wise beyond her years.  Threatening to the establishment.  Actual truth to power.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Go Greta!
Reply #1 - 11/09/19 at 05:23:25

You do know she’s just a kid some clever marketing genius tied strings to and makes her dance in front of you, right?

I mean hell, why not a cute little puppy?

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #2 - 11/09/19 at 06:57:36

They can sense that we are making an impact.  They obviously don’t want that. So they are using several methods to mock and hate.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/09/19 at 08:22:22

Hate? No.
Mock? Hell yes. Only those who exploit her and fools that listen to her as if she’s some kinda wise sage.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/09/19 at 09:42:00

Little schoolgirl from Sweden speaks English as a second language better than the President.

She knows all the best words...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 11/09/19 at 11:28:50

WebsterMark wrote on 11/09/19 at 08:22:22:
Hate? No.
Mock? Hell yes. Only those who exploit her and fools that listen to her as if she’s some kinda wise sage.....

not a wise sage
she is one who can see unlike you and your deniers with your heads in the sand

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/09/19 at 11:35:51

thumperclone wrote on 11/09/19 at 11:28:50:
Hate? No.

not a wise sage

Thumper, you can't point to a single, solitary thing that has changed the past 20 years caused by a fraction of a degree in temperature change. Not one.

See me in another 20 years.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/09/19 at 11:56:15

I partially agree she is influenced by adult marketing etc. but given the stuff she had written prior to any media coverage it is obvious she is intelligent, and can speak to adults far superior than her average peer.

None of that really matters though, it's the youth around her that's being motivated, and they have a lot more time left to do something than any of us.  Getting kids involved in something other than online trash talking and video games is a good thing in my opinion.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 11/09/19 at 12:02:23

Getting kids involved in something other than online trash talking and video games is a good thing in my opinion.

Yes, agree, bible studies would be great again, on campus, etc....

Give kids a sense of who they are, and who they can be, without peer pressure or tribalism.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/09/19 at 14:21:22

"Global Warming or Christianity; come on kids, pick your religion!"

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 11/09/19 at 15:03:35

WebsterMark wrote on 11/09/19 at 14:21:22:
"Global Warming or Christianity; come on kids, pick your religion!"

Indeed Web, we are instructed to be good stewards, of all things God created, naturally  Wink

Mankind should just abort himself, that would pretty much solve every problem, er, known to mankind  Undecided

Can we just pass a law, saying nobody has to ever die, so therein, we needn't worry if the planet becomes inhabitable  Huh

Ya know what Web, I think I'll just choose Jesus, and eternal life, seems like a better bet, and not only that, I can still be happy, and joyful, while my sinning flesh and pumping heart still live in this world   Wink

Can I get a AMEN....!!!! ????  Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #11 - 11/09/19 at 15:03:59

WebsterMark wrote on 11/09/19 at 11:35:51:
Hate? No.

not a wise sage

Thumper, you can't point to a single, solitary thing that has changed the past 20 years caused by a fraction of a degree in temperature change. Not one.

you and your nay sayers were right!!
the scientists from 1990 were WRONG!!!

changes are happening at a faster rate then they predicted

okay one single solitary thing that has changed the reclining of the worlds glaciers
you want more??

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/09/19 at 15:10:35

"Yes, agree, bible studies would be great again, on campus, etc...."

There are Bible studies on campus.  It's actually illegal to prohibit it.  

They are not mandatory.  Are you saying it should be mandatory?

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #13 - 11/09/19 at 15:31:26

raydawg wrote on 11/09/19 at 12:02:23:
Getting kids involved in something other than online trash talking and video games is a good thing in my opinion.

Yes, agree, bible studies would be great again, on campus, etc....

Give kids a sense of who they are, and who they can be, without peer pressure or tribalism.....

quite bastardising the topic

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/09/19 at 16:16:36

thumperclone wrote on 11/09/19 at 15:03:59:
WebsterMark wrote on 11/09/19 at 11:35:51:
Hate? No.

not a wise sage

you and your nay sayers were right!!
the scientists from 1990 were WRONG!!!

changes are happening at a faster rate then they predicted

okay one single solitary thing that has changed the reclining of the worlds glaciers
you want more??

Thumper, the earth is millions and millions of years old. 15,000 years is a second on the earth’s geological clock right?
15,000 years ago the Great Lakes weren’t there ? Where were they?
They were there, but they were glaciers.
So some scientist taking measurements over the past 20 years doesn’t really mean anything now does it?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:22:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Go Greta!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.