YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #390 - 09/12/20 at 13:24:21

Versy - You have 1,400 miles to drive. You must really want to see us!😊

Deb and I arrived at the campground and got set up - and almost immediately it started raining.  It should stop in a couple hours. When it does we are going to the Ozark Cafe for a milkshake!

I will be interesting to see if Steve can buy a bike in a day......and then head to Arkansas.  Just as you did Springman - when I get in the mood for a bike I watch for a very long time to find the right "one".  Hopefully he can find somebody with vintage parts and get his fixed......or find something that works just as well for him.  He rode a big V-Twin dresser better than anyone else I have ever rode with.

« Last Edit: 09/12/20 at 15:00:26 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #391 - 09/13/20 at 08:09:12

MM and Marcia are on the way and ETA is 6PM.

Deb and I are going riding and I will have my helmet radio on.

Springman - If you get to the campground and we aren’t there (first trailer on right with the white canopy- spot 11 ) call me.

« Last Edit: 09/13/20 at 14:52:39 by Dave »  

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #392 - 09/13/20 at 12:18:22

Hope the remnents of storm/hurricane Sally don't come your way. She really soaked us in S. Fla. and is gaining strength on the way to New Orleans.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #393 - 09/13/20 at 15:02:38

Weather forecast was perfect until a few days ago - now it is showing chance s of storms Wed/Thur. Maybe that is the hurricane remnants.

Springman arrived at noon and we fed him lunch and took him on a ride.

Versy was at the campground when we got back.

Mike and Marcia will be here before 8PM.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #394 - 09/15/20 at 20:29:08

Great day riding with the group
We found the pig trail and meandered home.
Milk shakes then pulled pork for dinner.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #395 - 09/19/20 at 04:59:59

Today is Saturday and we are at the tail end of the trip.  Versy and Springman will be packing up after our Goetta and Pancake breakfast this morning, and they will be headed home.....it will take both of them 2 days of riding/driving to get home.  MM/Marcia, and Deb and I will be able to ride one more day and we will start our trip home Sunday morning.

This location was pretty much a "Mid Point" for everyone except Versy who drove about twice as far as everyone else.

The weather has been perfect with the only dampness being the morning fog that burns off by the time we get riding.  Overnight temps have been in the 60's and daytime temps are in the high 70's or low 80's - until this morning and it is currently only 52.....and the morning warm up will be a bit slow and it will be noon before it is 70 degrees.  Springman will be riding the first 60 miles across a mountaintop and will likely get a bit chilly!

The roads have been great and provided light traffic and very nice riding.  These roads are far more open than the mountain roads in the Blueridge Mountain in TN/NC and there area places  for safe passing when you do come up on slower traffic.  The pickup trucks in the area go at a speed that very often matches our speed and there is no need to pass......a few times the trucks have caught up to us!   There are sections of roads with tight curves and even tighter switchbacks that makes it impossible for passing - but with the light traffic we have been lucky enough to not get stuck behind anyone when in those spots.  There are a large number of semi trucks hauling rock and lumber on Route 7 and on Route 23 (Pig Trail) - but they drive really fast and only a couple times did we catch up to them on a hill....one pulled over and gave us room to pass and the other one was crawling up a hill and it was easy to get around.  We did come up behind a slow RV on the Pig Trail and pulled over at a Scenic View area and waited for him to get far ahead of us - but that was the only RV/Camper/Boat type vehicle and we have not been bothered by the kind of slow traffic that is so common when driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC/TN.

Yesterday afternoon when I was sitting in the campground after we ate lunch a Roadrunner bird went across the yard by our campsite - I have never seen one before but it looked exactly like the cartoon character!  I looked it up on the internet and they are in Arkansas......it was amazing how quickly it could run!

It has been a great trip!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #396 - 09/20/20 at 12:24:38

It has indeed been a great trip. I spent last night at JOGs house and I thank him very much for a great dinner, a comfortable bed and the good company he and his wife provided. I left JOGs house at around 6:30 am as bad weather was expected in my part of town. I got home right at 10:30 after about 230 miles, just in time to take a shower and go to church. The rain started at 12:30 and has not stopped. So I stayed dry but strong winds were a nuisance for most of the ride.

Thanks guys for the fun week of riding. And than Deb and Marcia keeping your husband's under control 🙂. Dave and MM are lucky guys, they married way up😀.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #397 - 09/20/20 at 18:30:24

We got home about 19:00 hrs ,   with about 1150 miles on the truck for the trip.  The bike ??? I'm not sure about . It did cross 17K abut mid week ... I'll look how much past 17K tomorrow .

Traffic was light , with no jams or extra craziness.  The Colorado did good and rode nice with the weight of the bike in the back .  Smiley    
I loaded it by Dave & Deb's camp-site where the drop-off ledge is , easy and clean. Wink

I'll get pictures up in the next few days.   I'm thinking ... cut hay  tomorrow ???  There's a week worth of chores to catch-up on ...  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #398 - 09/20/20 at 22:54:27

traffic was ok until my last leg as everyone was returning from lost wages too.
shower, sleep... per chance to dream of another great trip.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #399 - 09/21/20 at 12:50:09

Deb and I got home about 2:00 PM on Monday.  We drove from Arkansas to eastern Missouri - then drove about 250 miles today.  We will likely spend the rest of the day unpacking, doing laundry, etc.

The motorcycle got 1,076 miles of use - the truck and trailer went 1,328 miles round trip.  The traffic was light and respectful until we got to Louisville, KY and got onto I-71.......which I lovingly call the "Hateful Highway" - there weren't any weird issues but traffic was extremely heavy and it seems like there are nearly as many semi trucks as cars traveling on this highway.

The last 2 years have shown the Arkansas weather to be drier and more predictable than the TN/NC/GA mountain weather.  Last year Deb and I were there for 7 days and got 1 rainy afternoon - this year we were gone 10 days and had no rain.....maybe we were just really lucky both years.

I enjoy riding both the Tennessee/North Carolina/Georgia area for the really tight curves and relatively slow speed fun they provide - and the Arkansas roads for the lack of traffic and more open curves and hills.  The ride that we took on Saturday along AR27 seemed like we went 40 miles with only 1 or 2 STOP signs!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #400 - 09/22/20 at 20:08:46

Well , after mowing for 4 hours it looks like somebody lives here again !  Yea the yard is big enough to have all the Savage travelers  camp-out in it.    Marcia has the laundry caught up and she's been working ever day too.  

I took the W650 for a short ride yesterday and it went "PERFECT" !   Smiley
so
I took it for a longer ride today !   Smiley Smiley   Its been a while since I had a bike with a "Gate" to it .   Its got a 7.5K red-line and it comes "ALIVE" about 5K.    Fifty HP and 440 pounds .  The under-bore pistons and long stroke pulls smooth at 2k also , even in high gear.
It still has the 20 year old tires so in second gear is the only one I let it wind-up in , but that was up at 70 mph really quick.  Wink

I've got tires ordered , should be here in a week or so.   A (IRC GS-11 in 3.50-19H) and a (Dunlop K70 4.00-18S) , think 1963 Triumph Bonnie.   So the rear tire is only allowed to go 112mph but the front is allowed to go to 130mph ... I vote to go with the rear tire !   Grin

It might rain Thursday ... that might be the day to get some pictures put on my computer and also on the Savage Site. ?

« Last Edit: 09/22/20 at 21:22:24 by MMRanch »  

DunlopK70.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #401 - 09/25/20 at 04:14:21

I have finally found some time to post photos.  I found that each year I take a few less photos.....maybe I am getting lazy or just content to live in the moment.

The Ozark Cafe was our restaurant of choice when we didn't cook in the campground.

If you didn't pay with cash and chose to use a Credit Card - they shamed you by making you use a flower pen.  Springman was the first to be victimized.

SpringmanFlower.jpg

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #402 - 09/25/20 at 04:17:22

Springman seemed to like being shamed.....and allowed MM to share the embarrassment when we at dinner one night.

SprinmanMMFlower.jpg

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #403 - 09/25/20 at 04:23:18

We stopped at an overlook on AR7 to take a break and enjoy the scenery.  Here is a look at the wide range of bikes on the trip.  Versy had the Savage Single, Springman had a V-Twin stuck in laterally, MMRanch had a V-Twin stuck in longitudinal, and I was riding a parallel twin.

Bikes.jpg

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #404 - 09/25/20 at 04:26:49

The weather was dry all week, and the temperatures were never really too hot or too cold - but there were clouds and haze most of the week.  The clouds did make the riding pretty nice as it shielded us from gettign too much sun.

View from the overlook on Mount Magazine.

MountMagazine.jpg

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 06:56:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.