Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Sure, There's Nothing To Hide.... (Read 425 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Sure, There's Nothing To Hide....
Reply #30 - 11/17/19 at 04:53:15

...in other words, the truth has never favored Trump- and Trump has never favored the truth -so the elusive #3 is nothing more than validation of #1 or #2.

I'm not sure how you arrived at that from my response.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #31 - 11/17/19 at 05:31:43

The premise of the lead post you've spent several pages contesting is sunlight striking Trump's taxes will show him to be 1) a crook or 2) lying about his business.   Your long winded pitch amounts to nothing more than to affirm the record would damage Trump on those points, which could only be true were he lying.   You've blown some thin smoke about how unfair it would be to hold Trump to account for his deeds.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 11/17/19 at 05:41:54

nothing more than to affirm the record would damage Trump on those points, which could only be true were he lying

That's just simply not true. I suspect a complete and detailed investigation of every financial transaction you've ever had would reveal incidents that, in the hands of an opposition press with a wide audience, could easily portray you to be anyone they choose.

Even if Trump's taxes were spotless, which I'm sure they are not, you would nonetheless glob onto anything to stick on top of your latest battle flag and lead the mob with pitchforks and torches.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 11/17/19 at 15:47:02

He is hiding something.

Only 2 possible explanations.

1 - he's a crook
2 - he's a worse businessman than anyone thought

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #34 - 11/17/19 at 16:36:56

T And T Garage wrote on 11/17/19 at 15:47:02:
He is hiding something.

1 - he's a crook

So you have seen the tax returns....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 11/17/19 at 17:36:07

pg wrote on 11/17/19 at 16:36:56:
He is hiding something.

1 - he's a crook

Best regards,

No.  Which is why I give 2 options.

Have you seen them?

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #36 - 11/17/19 at 22:03:51

Trump has demonstrated zero concern for how I regard him, and his sychophsnts  don't care about his crimes or character.   The risk of exposure is legal, not political- it is the court that requires Trump's tax record in pursuit of further demonstrating his violations of law.   We already know he is a crook and liar- the only question is if he will be able to avoid prosecution; that feat will require sustained obstruction of justice.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #37 - 11/18/19 at 03:53:25

Mavigogun wrote on 11/17/19 at 22:03:51:
Trump has demonstrated zero concern for how I regard him, and his sychophsnts  don't care about his crimes or character.   The risk of exposure is legal, not political- it is the court that requires Trump's tax record in pursuit of further demonstrating his violations of law.   We already know he is a crook and liar- the only question is if he will be able to avoid prosecution; that feat will require sustained obstruction of justice.

The left had years, 30M +, and unlimited resources to execute a fraud invensigation and couldn't find anything.  Evidently that is not good enough for you....

If the left is confident in their impeachment position, he will be gone.  If the left is so confident in their candidates and the will of the people, he will be gone.  So what is the issue?

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #38 - 11/18/19 at 03:55:32

T And T Garage wrote on 11/17/19 at 17:36:07:
He is hiding something.

1 - he's a crook

Best regards,

Have you seen them?

I said it first, and I provided a sound rationale why he didn't his returns.

Best regards,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 11/18/19 at 07:59:55

And PG is right. To say there is only two possible possibilities is too narrow of a view. Like I said, I'm positive if you examined his taxes, you would find entries that are open to debate. However, if you examined the taxes of a 100 others in Trump's category, you would find the same. (Now that Obama is a multi-millionaire with book deals, speeches etc... I'm sure a conservative discerning eye could make an argument with his taxes as well. His accountant will take whatever deductions he can find)

My guess is there's nothing other than small technical violations on his taxes, not more than anyone else. I do suspect there's deductions that the left would play up as avoiding taxes like the example PG pointed out. I also suspect there's information that would show business dealings that the left would turn into something they're not.

Regardless, you can't make public taxes a prerequisite for the Office. You can make it a campaign topic and maybe the public will demand to see everyone's taxes, but it can't be a legal requirement unless you amend the Constitution.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 11/18/19 at 09:20:12

pg wrote on 11/18/19 at 03:55:32:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/17/19 at 17:36:07:
He is hiding something.

1 - he's a crook

Best regards,

Have you seen them?

I said it first, and I provided a sound rationale why he didn't his returns.

Best regards,

Your rationale implies that he wants to hide something.

Just as I said.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 11/18/19 at 09:25:22

WebsterMark wrote on 11/18/19 at 07:59:55:
And PG is right. To say there is only two possible possibilities is too narrow of a view. Like I said, I'm positive if you examined his taxes, you would find entries that are open to debate. However, if you examined the taxes of a 100 others in Trump's category, you would find the same. (Now that Obama is a multi-millionaire with book deals, speeches etc... I'm sure a conservative discerning eye could make an argument with his taxes as well. His accountant will take whatever deductions he can find)

The only difference is that Obama is no longer president.

If trump were still just the reality TV show host, I'd say BFD.  But he ain't.

Further, all these problems arise because trump at first said he'd release them, then reneged and is now flat out refusing.

My guess is there's nothing other than small technical violations on his taxes, not more than anyone else. I do suspect there's deductions that the left would play up as avoiding taxes like the example PG pointed out. I also suspect there's information that would show business dealings that the left would turn into something they're not.

I suspect much of his funding has come from Russia and other questionable locations (just as his jughead sons have said).

Regardless, you can't make public taxes a prerequisite for the Office. You can make it a campaign topic and maybe the public will demand to see everyone's taxes, but it can't be a legal requirement unless you amend the Constitution.

Nope - never said they should be.

But what if a guy like Bloomberg somehow won the nomination and then the presidency?  The repubs would go ape if he refused to release his taxes.

This is about precedent, and the fact that he's bucking it is more than suspicious.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #42 - 11/18/19 at 09:32:32

T And T Garage wrote on 11/18/19 at 09:20:12:
Just as I said.

Yeeeeep.   A lot of equivocation, rationalization, and bluster- 4 years of it now.   In the beginning and end, a crook and a liar; what sort of person follows a person like that?   What sort of person sacrifices their integrity for a person like that?

They've made a trade- and we are given no cause to hope they will ever value conscious over pride.  

This is how Trump works- get you to make a little trade, a little piece of yourself that can be rationalized.   Then another.   And another.   Until the horror of what you've done is too great to confront.   Then you're left to choose between guilt and shame, or pride.  That's not even really a choice, for most.   Identity, self, and Trump have become indistinguishable.

Trump is no genius; these are well-worn tactics delineated in the book he is reported to have kept at his bedside, the scheming of another failure of humanity.

« Last Edit: 11/18/19 at 10:45:04 by Mavigogun »  

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #43 - 11/18/19 at 13:35:32

Mavigogun wrote on 11/18/19 at 09:32:32:
What sort of person sacrifices their integrity for a person like that?

Someone who believes in the free-market, 2A, private property, self-determination, and rugged individualism.

I have not compromised my integrity.  I do not support altruism & collectivism or any values that may be associated with them.

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 11/18/19 at 14:01:45

pg wrote on 11/18/19 at 13:35:32:
Mavigogun wrote on 11/18/19 at 09:32:32:
What sort of person sacrifices their integrity for a person like that?

Someone who believes in the free-market, 2A, private property, self-determination, and rugged individualism.

I have not compromised my integrity.  I do not support altruism & collectivism or any values that may be associated with them.

Best regards,

Wow, it's sad that anyone would admit that they don't support altruism.

That's somewhat sociopathic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 16:44:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Sure, There's Nothing To Hide....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.