Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
America post Trump, it can never be the same. (Read 219 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
America post Trump, it can never be the same.
11/02/19 at 16:03:46

It has taken almost three years for some to realise what was obvious after one month of Trump. This article in The Atlantic pretty well sums up what I've been wondering.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/americas-goodly-veneer-was-...

Some Democratic leaders are proclaiming that we can go back to the world before Trump—and before Brett Kavanaugh and Mitch McConnell, before Bill Barr and Rudy Giuliani, before an invasion of a secure facility at the Capitol, before babies were torn from their mothers and caged, before racist rhetoric from the White House and massacres at a synagogue and an El Paso Walmart—to a world of political cooperation, respect for norms, and nonpolitical courts.

How?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: America post Trump, it can never be the same.
Reply #1 - 11/02/19 at 16:06:35

I don't think we can erase him,... but maybe we can make him fade... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Reply #2 - 11/03/19 at 06:10:26

What do you consider the root cause of Trumpism to be? And how would you define it?
I consider it to combine an antipathy to one's fellow man with a defiant disregard for the idea of truth.
How it came to be, I have no idea.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 11/03/19 at 06:13:41

hopefully we will learn something about ourselves from the infantile ones' term

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/03/19 at 06:51:14

Pretty sure
The Infantile One
Laughs at lefties and safe spaces.
You have no idea what you need to learn about yourself.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 11/03/19 at 07:44:36

only a fool grows older not wiser you are the perfect example of the infantile ones' aging base

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 11/03/19 at 08:27:48

Be the change you wish to see in others, in this world......

You either understand the dynamics of such, or you don't.

If you don't, maybe you should look, to see why.

If you do, and you desire a changed world, then example it.

Learn about co-dependency, its more than just having a drunk in your life.

Maybe this might help:

What does it mean to be happy?

Simply put, happiness is a habitual state of being content, grateful, hopeful, joyful, and upbeat.
Being happy does not mean you never have a negative experience, or even feelings of depression at times.
It means that overall, your outlook on life is a positive one and any setback is viewed as temporary.

2018 was not an easy year for me. It started in January with heartbreak followed by some significant life changes that dragged me down to rock bottom. I spent the following twelve months soul-searching and doing some intense inner work. I found that happiness does not happen by accident. It takes some work on your part, and if you put in that work the rewards are more than worth it.
(not me, the author of the article, Keith E. Smith,)

There are five keys that helped catapult me into a life characterized by happiness, hope, and the pursuit of dreams. Here they are:

Self-Awareness

Self-awareness is your ability to see yourself as separate from your environment. It is having a clear perception of your own personality, strengths, weaknesses, desires and emotions.
When you are self-aware, you are conscious (in the moment) of your thoughts and how you feel about what is going on around you.
You ability to monitor your inner world will directly impact your level of happiness.
When you are aware of your thoughts and emotions as they arise, you will respond consciously and intentionally, rather than react passively.

A great way to practice becoming more self-aware is journaling.
Writing will help you to process your thoughts, create some headspace, and decrease feelings of overwhelm.
Once you have been journaling for a while, you can look back on your thoughts and begin connecting dots, and recognize your thought patterns which will serve to make you more self-aware.

Another bonus of self-awareness is that it will help you understand others and have empathy.

Personal Accountability
To be personally accountable means that you believe you are fully responsible for your own actions and decisions, and the consequences of both. It is a mindset which understands that circumstances do not dictate behavior. Whatever it is that you want to do in life, being accountable for your own thoughts and actions is crucial for your success.
Blaming others, or less-than-desirable circumstances, will only hold you back. Recognizing this is both empowering and exhilarating.
Knowing that there is no one, other than you, who can hold you down means nothing is standing between you and your success.

Gratitude

Cultivating an attitude of gratitude will have an impact on your life that cannot be overstated. It will literally change your life, and for the better. When you are grateful, you are recognizing that there are good things in the world and that you are a recipient of many of them. You can express gratitude for anything from the gift of life itself, to the tasty sandwich you had for lunch.    
There are no limits. Being thankful will help you be more compassionate toward others, and even “pay-it-forward” when you have the opportunity to do so, which may inspire others to do the same.
You can literally change the world in this way, as well as your own outlook on life.

Keep It Simple

Many times the accumulation of money or material things is touted as pathways to happiness. The truth is that neither of these things will make you happy.
If you are not happy before you get those things, you will not be happy after getting them either.
Happiness does not come from the outside, it comes from the inside.

The accumulation of stuff often brings more clutter into your life, and more stress. Also, it isn’t only material possessions that can clutter your life. It may be that you have committed to too many outside activities and therefore have no free time.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with being active, but if you have taken on so much that you are living in a continual state of stress then it may be time to reevaluate. Oftentimes, less really is more.

Physical Exercise

It may surprise you that this one is on the list.
It is easy to focus on the psychological (and even spiritual) aspects of a happy life, but there is no denying the mind-body connection.
You are probably familiar with the many physical benefits of exercise, but are you aware that there are other benefits too?
Physical exercise stimulates the release of various brain chemicals which leave you feeling happier, less anxious, and relaxed.
Some studies have shown that exercise can even treat mild to moderate cases of depression, and promote a sharper memory. Your mind and your body are connected and what affects one will affect the other.
A healthier body promotes better mental health. It is a true win/win situation.  

Try it....what do you have to lose?

Have you ever noticed the other boards, don't exhibit the same behavior as this one does.....why is that?
I have seen differing opinions on guns, cars, bikes, sport teams, food.....even GIRLS, without arguing ugly, in the Cafe.

I have seen differing opinions, advice, in the RSD, or Technical Documents/Reference, yet folks keep it civil.....why?

If none of this jives, or matters, and you still think your calling is much greater than anyone else, then at the minimum, remember this is John's domain, his house, and he is trying to run a business and support his family off this revenue, can you give any of that just a little respect?

Life will go on, always has, after calamities, disasters, being wronged, etc...you can't stop time, nor can you turn it back......
Only a fool tries.

Every experience in life, good or bad, is opportunity to learn and grow...
Use it, or lose it.

Peace.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/03/19 at 14:48:05

"Have you ever noticed the other boards, don't exhibit the same behavior as this one does.....why is that?"

Its easy to be tough from a keyboard and there is little to no consequence for being a jerk here.  Nothing wrong with that as long as its within the rules.  Also Politics and Religion are controversial, where the Café is more along the lines of shared interest, and not as opinionated.

I have seen differing opinions, advice, in the RSD, or Technical Documents/Reference, yet folks keep it civil.....why?

Same as above, an opinion about how to clean a carb is less personal than one's opinion about abortion.  Besides I got all kinds of PM's complaining that I paid an employee to ride one of my bikes to test something.  Who knows why, but some people care.

If none of this jives, or matters, and you still think your calling is much greater than anyone else, then at the minimum, remember this is John's domain, his house, and he is trying to run a business and support his family off this revenue, can you give any of that just a little respect?

Like not insulting or making fun of members at all?  And maybe not continuing to do so and then owning up to it, saying it's something to improve upon and then just do it again?  Maybe like insulting a member casually then saying it's just my type of humor?  Like that?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 11/03/19 at 16:12:51

Like not insulting or making fun of members at all?  And maybe not continuing to do so and then owning up to it, saying it's something to improve upon and then just do it again?  Maybe like insulting a member casually then saying it's just my type of humor?  Like that?

Everyone needs to answer that, themselves........

I mentioned awhile back, about how we grew up playing organized sports, you either won, or lost, and you were taught to be good sports, either way.

Matter of fact, I can recall more times where a braggadocios kids, got reprimanded, as opposed to the losing team, calling them cheaters, etc....

I remember the "parents" on the block, parenting all the kids when they misbehaved, and the parents of the one that was corrected, those parents, thanked them....

Times seem to have changed.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 11/03/19 at 16:35:54

Trump tore the mask off. He pissed off the political left, the corporate media, and the entrenched, self important bureaucrats so badly that they inadvertently revealed, to any one who cares to look, who they really are, what they really think about normal folks ( the "deplorables') and what they want to do to us. For our own good of course.

Whatever happens to Trump is immaterial now.

There is no going back.  

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #10 - 11/03/19 at 16:41:56

raydawg wrote on 11/03/19 at 16:12:51:
I remember the "parents" on the block, parenting all the kids when they misbehaved, and the parents of the one that was corrected, those parents, thanked them....

Times seem to have changed.

I know, right?   I remember a time when a President and his Administration obviously lying to the public, fomenting division and mistrust of our institutions, committing crimes, and violating the Constitution would have received a majority of bipartisan condemnation.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 11/03/19 at 18:19:45

oldNslow wrote on 11/03/19 at 16:35:54:
Trump tore the mask off. He pissed off the political left, the corporate media, and the entrenched, self important bureaucrats so badly that they inadvertently revealed, to any one who cares to look, who they really are, what they really think about normal folks ( the "deplorables') and what they want to do to us. For our own good of course.

Whatever happens to Trump is immaterial now.

There is no going back.  

Sir....I still think this is growing pains of (a) democracy......

Yes, when you spend millions, campaigning, to win a 150K job.....
You darn well know something is up.

You got into that club, and you could funnel wealth, buying more power, more wealth....

Who received all that money spent on campaigning......????

Yeah, those very ones who are now active partisan players, trying to hold onto that gravy-train......

EXCEPT they can't control the social media (INTERNET)

Lots of dynamics at work here, been simmering for a spell, at least back to Ross Perot

EDIT: Make that 1965....read my tagline.

Just the accessibility to the INTERNET, and other communicating technologies, has become available to pretty much everyone.....

So, I believe we will grow into this new freedom and as always, the TRUTH will set us free......

Some will take longer to accept that, their anger lingers, but life will move past them, as it always does.

Bickering over the past, can never change it, only robbing them from the opportunities, that the present brings......  

America is strong, it has gone through much harder times and obstacles than this.....
Its true we have more ingredients, and chefs, dashing in their own flavorings, into that melting pot of porridge......

However, I believe that GREAT RECIPE, called democracy, will feed everyone, who wants to set, at the table...... Smiley  

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #12 - 11/03/19 at 18:48:56

Quote:

And I think it's grown about as much as we can stand already...

Buy the boat I showed you. Keep the fuel tank filled and the battery charged. Just in case ...

This isn't going to end well. For any of us.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 11/03/19 at 19:12:04

oldNslow wrote on 11/03/19 at 18:48:56:
Quote:

And I think it's grown about as much as we can stand already...

Buy the boat I showed you. Keep the fuel tank filled and the battery charged. Just in case ...

This isn't going to end well. For any of us.

Not even close to the Civil War.....that was harsh.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 11/03/19 at 19:27:12

Quote:
Not even close to the Civil War.....

It doesn't have to be a shooting war. Often isn't. 250 or so years. Done. Over and over. We're not special at all it historical terms.

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 08:27:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › America post Trump, it can never be the same.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.