Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
No leaks from the White House. (Read 285 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: No leaks from the White House.
Reply #45 - 11/06/19 at 17:24:16

Holy Loon Batman.... you're a sick man.......

IP Logged
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Reply #46 - 11/06/19 at 17:34:15

This thread makes me wonder.

There are some bizarre and obviously wrong  ideas which refuse to fade. For the purpose of politeness, let's choose Flat Earth Theory to kick around. It checks both boxes nicely. If you don't subscribe to this bit of madness, you probably find it incomprehensible that anyone would.

People who espouse this fall into two buckets; the crazy and the evil.

For an interlocutor the difference in approach between the two is not small.
Kindness versus contempt.

I hope we'll all agree that it's preferable to treat the damaged  (crazy) with a degree of kindness. After all, there but for the grace of God and whatnot. That doesn't mean coddling, because you shouldn't indulge them but cruelty for crueltys' sake is evil.

Simultaneously, and this can be difficult, you need to accept the futility of dialogue. This is a belief they have. A faith, if you will. It's not addressed by logic or evidence. Full stop. If these folks were suseptable to reason on this subject, they wouldn't hold the beliefs they do. It's not a condition able to be shifted by argument.
It's not like the truth is hidden. Cause that up there is the moon, and that over there is the sun. If you've been on a plane, you might have seen the curve of the earth.

So walk away from the topic. If you and they are lucky, this may be the only hole in their heads. They might be perfectly nice otherwise. Or the bats have completely taken over the belfry. If you feel like taking the time to find out, good on you. YMMV.

Now let's toddle on over to the other hand; the (evil) liars. We call it 'trolling' online. That's as good a name as any other.

I'm not clear on what motivates this. Could it be a hatred of the idea of truth? It could be a hatred of their fellow humans. They seem to exist only to inspire frustration. Seriously, if you have an insight into whatever is going on inside someone like this, I'm interested. I wouldn't be surprised if doing this habitually causes a slide down the Turing Scale towards non-sophont.

If you engage with these wankers it should be on your terms. As a kind of mental masturbation. If you get a kick from it, hey, go ahead and relive that Monthy Python Argument Room skit. But that's all you're doing. There is nothing like a dialogue happening. There can't be.

I'm a big fan of blocking. There's more fulfilling things to do. These toenails aren't going to clip themselves, right? Again, YMMV.

There IS something else that needs to be asked: how do we tell these groups apart? I don't have a great answer for that. I'd suspect that the liars are more likely to reach for the normal bag of bad faith argument modes. Ad hominem, Gish Gallop, Tu Quoque, etc.  And especially gaslighting. Oh goodness, I bet they love gaslighting. Because liars are going to lie. But just because they're liars doesn't mean they're dumb, so maybe not.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 11/06/19 at 18:55:50

I had to look up the definition of gaslighting.....

The flat earth analogy doesn’t quite fit because it’s an easily determined fact that 99% acknowledge. In our little world here on this forum we are arguing political opinions. The problem with political opinions is, unlike the flat earth theory, they are not agreed-upon by 99%. It’s pretty much 50-50.

I am in the middle of a mental masturbation go around with someone calling my opinions bold faced lies. I don’t call his opinions or anyone else’s opinion a bold face lie. A lie requires very specific actions and intent that most of what we say on this site does not apply.

But I have not heard that phrase mental masturbation for a long time and that fits exactly what we do on here 99.9% of the time!!!

The only differences, we won’t go blind.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 11/07/19 at 07:21:36

WebsterMark wrote on 11/06/19 at 17:24:16:
Holy Loon Batman.... you're a sick man.......

Thank goodness you're not making it personal....lol

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #49 - 11/07/19 at 07:39:30

WebsterMark wrote on 11/06/19 at 18:55:50:
I had to look up the definition of gaslighting.....

Did you find a picture of Trump?... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 11/07/19 at 07:55:02

No. A collective portrait of the Main Stream Media.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #51 - 11/07/19 at 08:54:18

You know why the Right Wing media doesn't explain gaslighting?...
It would give them away...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 11/07/19 at 10:23:18

gaslighting (present participle)
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

So help me out here, am I gaslighting when I remind TT and Mavi that their  opinions are not facts and that if they think they are, their view of reality is questionable?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 11/07/19 at 10:40:30

No,.. you're being gaslighted when you believe that.
Nearly all the witness testimony says Trump was trying to use Ukraine to influence election.
If you're not seeing that, you're being gaslighted.
Right-Wing media is very limited,... perspectives can be more easily manipulated.
This is why the term "gaslighting" is new to you.
It has been in the lexicon of the mainstream media for years, in reference to the Trump administration.
A similar expression is getting "snowed"...
Gaslighting is bigger... it makes you believe a different reality.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 11/07/19 at 11:03:25

So you learned nothing from the constant 2 - 3 year drumbeat of "Trump colluding with Russia" story? Over and over I heard 'there's strong evidence...."we now know...Adam Schiff "I've got absolute evidence...."  and yet at the end of the day, there was what? Nothing. Nada. Zero.

Did it occur to you that you are the one being gaslighted?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 11/07/19 at 13:02:17

Serowbot wrote on 11/07/19 at 10:40:30:
No,.. you're being gaslighted when you believe that.
Nearly all the witness testimony says Trump was trying to use Ukraine to influence election.
If you're not seeing that, you're being gaslighted.
Right-Wing media is very limited,... perspectives can be more easily manipulated.
This is why the term "gaslighting" is new to you.
It has been in the lexicon of the mainstream media for years, in reference to the Trump administration.
A similar expression is getting "snowed"...
Gaslighting is bigger... it makes you believe a different reality.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 11/08/19 at 05:27:16

As more and more information comes out about the connections,  exaggerations, flat out lies and perjury from those leading the Democratic coup against Trump, it occurred to me that what we're seeing is no different than what we'd see if this forum were in charge of this impeachment. Think about it. Sew would be Pelosi, TT would be Pencil neck Schiff. Eegore strikes me as a Mitt Romney type, always playing both sides of the fence...

I'm probably Lindsey Graham. Jog would have to be Senator Kennedy from LA. Doesn't say much but sometimes what he says leaves you laughing your a$$ off. Ray has to be Rand Paul.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #57 - 11/08/19 at 14:29:04

“I think he’s a kook,” he said in February 2016. “I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office.” - Graham

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 11/09/19 at 05:28:41

.....an yet that’s preferable to anyone the Democrats put up.....

I like you as Pelosi, it fits. But, do you have a wall around your property like her? Asking for my friend José. He’s too far from Bernie’s seaside place and he needs a place to pitch a tent for a while,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #59 - 11/09/19 at 12:33:47

My house came with a wall around the back...
Previous owner had dogs.
Dogs were to keep people out,.. the wall was to keep the dogs in.
Maybe Trump should get a dog... Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 15:04:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No leaks from the White House.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.