Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First frost is tonight ...... (Read 41 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
First frost is tonight ......
11/01/19 at 10:50:48

Each year it comes, first frost.   You go ahead and pick what won't survive it and bring it in to the ripening basket so it can mature at a natural pace.

IMG_20191101_134435250_001.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: First frost is tonight ......
Reply #1 - 11/01/19 at 10:53:30

Very nice. We had our first frost last night also. And heater is not working at the office. Sad

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/01/19 at 16:13:18

Gee, mine came about a month ago.....I got some nice tomatoes this year.
I left my apples on too long tho.
My trees (2) are still pretty small, get maybe a few dozen off of them.
I had picked a few, and ate them, sweet, tart, juicy and firm, GOOD.
Was going to pick the rest last weekend......
Deer beat me too it, ate every dang one  Angry

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 11/01/19 at 18:43:15

Get revenge, eat the deer ......

Now, on the subject of guns and shooting deer, the 350 Legend shooting cast bullet loads is 1) perfectly deadly inside 150 yards  2) quiet, very very quiet  3) no recoil, no action slam.

The gun has a huge bore compared to the case size (same diameter, actually) so faster powders will have to be used anyway.   On top of this, the gas port is about halfway down the 16" barrel so the powder needs to be burned completely by the time the slug gets to the gas port or you get "un-burned powder inside the gas action" complications which are avoided by design in as much as possible.

So, halfway down the barrel you actually begin to tap off MOST of the driving pressure into driving the action motions, with the rest of the gas pressure just gets vented away inside the lower assembly by the fully retracted bolt carrier assembly.   This functions as a form of silencer, actually, because their isn't a big muzzle blast left to fly out after the bullet leaves the barrel.

Please remember, I am shooting powder coated cast bullets, not factory jacketed rounds.

It operates the action smoothly and without any slamming ruckus.

Those that shoot the Legend in an AR seem to like it a lot.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 11/01/19 at 21:20:40

Heck OldFeller , your making me want one of them !    If I didn't have too many already I might go for it ...  Cool

This is my version of the strait walled cases :  

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/winchester-rifl...

Its easy to like a strait walled 357  round.   I can tell ya that  125 gr. .357 projectiles are more than enough for White tail deer at 150 yards or less.
I haven't tried longer ranges but I might want more bullet if I did.  Wink  Maybe a scope too  Grin

Like you said about recoil and report , they are both easy to get used to with pistol/strait cartage's !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 11/02/19 at 07:21:05

I know nut'n bout guns, however, the fried green tomatoes, I can show you how to eat  Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 01:13:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › First frost is tonight ......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.