Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Triumph, official bike of the rainbow flag folk? (Read 462 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Triumph, official bike of the rainbow flag fol
Reply #45 - 11/01/19 at 09:44:48

Mavigogun wrote on 10/31/19 at 18:59:35:
"A person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices- especially one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance."
Strange that you'd leave off the portion of the definition pertinent to this thread.  

Lets change just this little piece:
(such as a racial or ethnic group)
To reflect what is happening today with social forums, and BLM/Antifa riots, just to name a few:

(Such as a GOP, Conservative, Independent group. Or a opposing idea)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #46 - 11/01/19 at 11:33:13

You've spent so much time being the center, now you need your sense of victimhood recognized before the people you denigrate?    That's so... typical.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #47 - 11/01/19 at 15:36:55

Mavigogun wrote on 11/01/19 at 06:28:06:
No doubt those labels are a frequent challenge for you.  Freedom of speech doesn't grant freedom from consequences.

No I am fine in my own shoes , I just don't like the "Thought Police".

Hitler had them.
Stalin had them.
Mao had them.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #48 - 11/01/19 at 15:56:07

Communities naturally reflect on aberrant behavior.   It's self serving to style reaction to being a prick as fascism.  No bigoted blowhard has ever liked feed back.  

Sadly, the public square was once a safe place to spew hate.   There are still a few fossils wondering around that haven’t realized the word is moving on without them, protesting change by parading their ugliness in public, doing their worst to poison the next generation, a stain remaining to mark their passage.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #49 - 11/01/19 at 17:38:09

philthymike wrote on 10/26/19 at 18:12:52:
Lots of people say that the Savage is a newbie training bike. I still ride it.

The Savage could be more accurately described as a girls bike, especially off the showroom floor. What red blooded woman would not want a huge throbbing piston pumping away underneath them.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #50 - 11/01/19 at 17:48:50

Well that explains why you ride with your feet, over the handlebars..... Undecided

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #51 - 11/01/19 at 20:45:52

Mavi, I wish you a good life. Being intolerant towards others and thinking that only your way is correct will make it difficult for you though. Live your life, be yourself and don't push you beliefs on others. You may be happy that way.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #52 - 11/01/19 at 20:49:40

Sauvage, after that description I'm not sure I'll ever be able to ride my savage again. Shocked

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #53 - 11/01/19 at 21:20:25

Don't make waves- just sit at the back of the bus and be happy, eh?  Haven't folks suffered more than enough marginalization?  

Springman, you talk as though bigotry poses no imposition.  As though the casual acceptance of vile expression for the satisfaction of one has no cost for another.   Is recognition of harm the greater transgression?   All that has been written here, the only comment you have is for my judgement- but for the mockery and prejudice, what say you?  

There are plenty of different ways to get by that don't involve harming others.   Keep hate to yourself, if you must cling to it.  Prejudice will not receive my silent endorsement here.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 11/02/19 at 05:29:26

springman wrote on 11/01/19 at 20:45:52:
Mavi, I wish you a good life. Being intolerant towards others and thinking that only your way is correct will make it difficult for you though. Live your life, be yourself and don't push you beliefs on others. You may be happy that way.

I was finally reading through this thread from the beginning and see many of you have now been introduced to The Tall Table's drive-by shooter, Mavi.

An honest conversation was going on about a topic and Mavi, apparently feeling disrespected, drove by and started firing through the windows. Now, to be fair, all us regulars at The Table are d!cks to one degree or another. You have to be in order to endlessly argue topics with no clear answer and which we have absolutely no ability to influence. As a pr!ck, Mavi stands alone. Which is saying something since I'm guessing in that election, I might have won that award in days past. Much like Joe Biden, my time has passed and I have no chance to win now.

As to the topic of Triumph being the choice of gay riders, I've no idea. I wonder if its a simple case that a popular and successful Triumph sales rep around your area is gay and has encouraged a lot of his circle of friends who ride to get bikes from him? And those gay friends tell others and so on and so on. That happens often in other cases. There are industries clustered in certain areas of the country because one was very successful and employees left to start their own business. In a short period of time, that area turns into The Meca of that particular industry.

Or maybe like Sew said, gays dress nicer and Triumph's are like a man in jeans, any shirt with a sport jacket on; it looks good anywhere, anytime.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #55 - 11/02/19 at 07:01:53

WebsterMark wrote on 11/02/19 at 05:29:26:
Now, to be fair, all us regulars at The Table are d!cks to one degree or another.

The circle here includes some reflective, considerate, thoughtful, humane people.

I wonder if its a simple case that a popular and successful Triumph sales rep around your area is gay and has encouraged a lot of his circle of friends who ride to get bikes from him? And those gay friends tell others and so on and so on. That happens often in other cases. There are industries clustered in certain areas of the country because one was very successful and employees left to start their own business. In a short period of time, that area turns into The Meca of that particular industry.

Yep- or any of the other myriad of reasons for behavior unrelated to sexual orientation. If you see three people of a particular sexual orientation eating Texas barbecue in Houston, attributing their choice to biology is nonsensical.  The original poster went farther than an ill considered observation, slathering on a euphemistic slur; mindfully of that, he amended a disclaimer.     Some recognized that.   Others circled wagons to defend prejudice.

My interest is in preserving a space in which all are welcome to share their interest in a motorcycle.       When prospective contributors show up and see posts like "what sort of oil do Blue people like?",  followed by a string of jokes about Blue people, the impression is alienating.   I don't come here to talk about bigotry and prejudice, but have been pressed to do so.   My silence would be an endorsement, and I will not be party to such.   My choice then is to leave or speak out.   Valuing this forum, I guarded its welcoming character.   I reject the notion prejudice deserves a "safe space" at the expense of any other, and urge you to do the same.  

Is there a better way than mine to confront this damage to our community?   Probably- but none had stepped up when I chose to.   The quoted passage by Mark above seems one constructive approach.   Can you do better?   Have at it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 11/02/19 at 07:13:04

My interest is in preserving a space in which all are welcome to share their interest in a motorcycle.  

Bull$hit. Your interest is one thing.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #57 - 11/02/19 at 07:33:38

WebsterMark wrote on 11/02/19 at 07:13:04:
My interest is in preserving a space in which all are welcome to share their interest in a motorcycle.  

Bull$hit. Your interest is one thing.

lunatic

adjective

lu·​na·​tic | \ ˈlü-nə-ˌtik  \
Definition of lunatic

1 dated
a: affected with a severely disordered state of mind : INSANE
b: designed for the care of mentally ill people
a lunatic asylum

2: wildly foolish
a lunatic idea
lunatic behavior

On a personal note......

Just finished up my last camping trip of the season.
The ranger shared with us that the squirrels get really active, knowing winter is coming, very bold, will come into your spot, even your trailer, if given the chance.....

He said, don't be fooled by what seems as harmless friendliness.....
NEVER FEED THEM, or your camping trip will be one big PITA.

They only want your nuts......

Get my drift, buddy?  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #58 - 11/02/19 at 08:06:26

Matchless G11 wrote on 11/01/19 at 15:36:55:
Mavigogun wrote on 11/01/19 at 06:28:06:
No doubt those labels are a frequent challenge for you.  Freedom of speech doesn't grant freedom from consequences.

No I am fine in my own shoes , I just don't like the "Thought Police".

Hitler had them.
Stalin had them.
Mao had them.  

trump tries to control the press, same difference

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #59 - 11/02/19 at 15:34:56

@Mavigogun

I have a GS500 and the gf has the Savage. Both bikes are similar ages and pedigrees, and they both have similar dedicated forum that differ in one way only, that is the Savage forum has this political section that allows posts that are frankly embarrassing to think that people might wander into them.

There are only a small handful of total assho1e tosser fcukwits like Ray, JoG and Mn who are allowed by Serobot to flout any normal behaviour on a thread.

I wondered out loud why, if they refuse to even stop personal abuse, this festering sore of a subforum, is necessary. All it is, is a platform that is automatically redundant and is used simply to parrot Trump and create a safe space for those who felt OK to crawl out from under their rocks and out  themselves as the pieces of sh!t that they are.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 12:19:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Triumph, official bike of the rainbow flag folk?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.