Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Triumph, official bike of the rainbow flag folk? (Read 462 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Triumph, official bike of the rainbow flag folk?
10/26/19 at 14:38:41

First of all I'm not trying to bash anyone. I just really want to know is Triumph the gay man's motorcycle brand of choice?
So far every Triumph rider I've met in and around my regional area was fairly light in the loafers and obviously so at that.
Is this the same elsewhere?
Is it a stereotype like Texans with Cadillacs? Like Rednecks and pickups? Like people from New Jersey can't drive?

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Triumph, official bike of the rainbow flag fol
Reply #1 - 10/26/19 at 15:34:44

Huh
  fairly light in the loafers and obviously so at that.  

If that is the case ... then :   I'm declaring right now that Moto Guzzi Folks are the ones who came to their senses after going through the Harley Phase !  
Smiley

Corbin_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 10/26/19 at 15:55:13

You made me pause for a second. I don't ride a triumph but I really do like them and I also like busty, good looking women! Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 10/26/19 at 17:15:32

I think your sample might be too small.  Wink

Triumph makes a lot of different bikes.

These for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q23YvC97oY

Triumph is the engine supplier for Moto2. Race version of the Street triple motor.

Supposed to be a somewhat detuned, street legal version available next year.
https://www.cycleworld.com/more-details-on-triumphs-daytona-moto2-765/

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 10/26/19 at 17:22:37

Well Mike if I said the Savage was a women's bike would you still own one or just put on a dress on before you ride. No one gives a crap what you ride and no one really cares what your sexual preference is. It's like this even if you ride a moped ,when you get off it and your smiling that's all that matters. It is possible they have claimed the Triumph as the bike they ride, just remember no one gives a crap !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #5 - 10/26/19 at 18:12:52

Lots of people say that the Savage is a newbie training bike. I still ride it.
I already said I'm not bashing anyone or anything. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a trend in play.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 10/26/19 at 19:20:35

I'm with SpringMan , I like the looks of the Triumphs.   I should have bought a 790cc SpeedMaster when they were new ... but they were chain drive so I didn't .   Tongue

But there ain't no "  light in the loafers  " going on here !   I like the way my boot fit !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 10/26/19 at 20:53:01

Mike didn't mean to criticize you , just voicing an opinion. A Triumph is just as much a classic today as it was 50 years ago. Plain and simple they are great bikes.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 10/26/19 at 20:56:16

50 years ago  

In those old biker movies , I always liked the Triumphs more than the Harleys (when they both were chain drive  Grin )

Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 10/26/19 at 21:21:04

As I remember Evel Knievel did Ceasars Palace jump/crash on a Triumph

OUCH

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 10/27/19 at 01:59:01

Just because Triumph didn't used to be the Chosen brand, doesn't mean it isn't now. I doubt Subaru was always the brand lesbians chose.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 10/27/19 at 02:48:56

Subaru has definitely become the choice of the earthy folks who don't buy a Prius (now that Honda has stopped making the Element).

In this area I haven't seen that any of the LGBT folks ride any 2 wheel vehicles.....although the brief encounters I have at the rest area along my common riding routes may not be sufficient to determine any sexual preferences or misapplied femininity/masculinity.

Several of my male friends have Triumph/Ducati/Moto Guzzi/BMW bikes, and they step pretty heavy in their riding boots (no loafers while riding).  I have only met a few female riders, and they have been on Japanese bikes......other than the female biker chicks that congregate at the Quaker Steak and Lube bike nights which are heavily laden with tattoos and leather and ride Milwaukee made steeds.

I don't spend any time in locations that are heavily populated with LGBT - so I really have no basis for an informed comment.....the area I live in is rural and still very "straight".

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #12 - 10/27/19 at 05:26:19

I had a Harley Sportster 48, 1200  Many Harley riders see the Sportster as a girls bike. These guys, in general, seemed to know little about motorcycles. It was all about the look. I never had to chain my wallet to my pants.   Grin

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #13 - 10/27/19 at 06:58:54

I live in the Philly area. My particular locale is quite working class and many of my neighbors work for the nearby refineries in Marcus Hook. That town being notorious for a few historical reasons:
1, Pirates
2, Pagans MC
3, The 1st openly gay bar on the East Coast

And with Philly having a LGBT community comparible in size to San Francisco you run across those people quite regularly. You work with them, ride the train with them and sometimes even make friends with them. I had a few transgender friends until they moved away and one of my oldest friends used to be gay in the 90s. He's now married to a beautiful woman and they've made a beautiful little boy.

I ride alot. I'm not a weekend warrior. I don't own a car so it's the bikes or the train for me. I also go to a few biker events and shop at Revzilla where lots of bikers tend to congregate. And in my normal travels I meet bikers at gas stations, parking garages, stop lights etc.
In my experience there's a healthy population of gay bikers around here and I even met a handful of lesbians out riding. I think it's fine that those folks enjoy motorcycling. They should. So should everyone IMO.
However, most of the gay men I run across are riding Triumph. So did Steve McQueen and I'm a fan of his.

So is it a thing? Do gay men have a preference for the brand?
You might think they would favor the Rocket but mostly I see them on the Various Bonneville models. Though I did meet a pair riding the big ADV model too.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #14 - 10/27/19 at 07:05:21

I've only met two lesbians riding. One on a big Harley and the other on a Vstar 1100. The one on the Vstar told me she rode with a large group of similar women who all rode Vstars and took long distance rides all over the country.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 10:11:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Triumph, official bike of the rainbow flag folk?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.