Send Topic Print
Mister Robinson....... (Read 114 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Mister Robinson.......
Reply #15 - 10/28/19 at 11:15:43

"Then using your observation, the economy, Trump is sure to win if it continues unabated.....yes?"

No.

I am saying that the entirety of the US political an economic system is too vast to be controlled without substantial input from large corporations or other nations by the current number of US citizens that vote.  The Presidency is a very small part of the overall Political system.  

"You want to define your within reason?  I get the law part, which, I think lots of people think the separation clause prohibits its expression."

If I create a religion that prohibits clothing I am free to practice it, but not in public and not at work.  

Are you somehow under the impression that anyone has said religion can not be practiced, within reason, in Government or in public?  I'm not sure why we are having this conversation.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 10/28/19 at 16:26:02

Eegore wrote on 10/27/19 at 11:53:47:
 I think its completely acceptable for each human, that works in government to apply their religion.  
 So yeah each person can choose to use any religion they desire to create a better government.    

So if a person has no religion/ethics, and they believe they can Kill a Human, until it is completely out of the body of a person that carried it. They can, 'Apply it' ?
If a person has a religion that says to throw homosexuals off a roof. They can apply it ?
(On and On and On)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/28/19 at 17:58:42

"So if a person has no religion/ethics, and they believe they can Kill a Human, until it is completely out of the body of a person that carried it. They can, 'Apply it' ?
If a person has a religion that says to throw homosexuals off a roof. They can apply it ?"

No.  Why would you even think that?

Nothing, as in nobody or zero percent of this discussion has indicated that one can violate law in any way for any reason.  No one can violate law.

As a matter of fact I very specifically said "within the law" regarding one's individual application of personal belief.  Just because a human does not believe killing is wrong does not mean they can violate law.

One can not violate law.

Violation of law is not allowed.

Practice of religion can not circumvent law.  The absence of religion can not circumvent law.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 10:18:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Mister Robinson.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.