Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
William B. Taylor's testimony (Read 60 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
William B. Taylor's testimony
10/23/19 at 06:02:27

His testimony is d@mning, (yep not allowed to say that word, otherwise it gets replaced with darn. It was OK in Gone With the Fcuking Wind, frankly my dear I don't give a darn. Imagine if we had that) I won't bother repeating any of it other than to say it's going to be very difficult for some Republicans to not convict in the Senate after this.

And check out Taylor's opening statement, hard to see how they can call this guy Deep State...

Mr. Chairman, I appreciate the opportunity to appear today to provide my perspective on the events that are the subject of the Committees’ inquiry. My sole purpose is to provide the Committees with my views about the strategic importance of Ukraine to the United States as well as additional information about the incidents in question.

I have dedicated my life to serving the U.S. interests at home and abroad in both military and civilian roles. My background and experience are nonpartisan and I have been honoured to serve under every administration, Republican and Democratic, since 1985.

For 50 years, I have served the country, starting as a cadet at West Point, then as an infantry officer for six years, including with the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam then at the Department of Energy; then as a member of a Senate staff; then at NATO; then with the State Department here and abroad — in Afghanistan, Iraq, Jerusalem, and Ukraine

Look at this excerpt...

In by far the most d@mning account yet to become public in the House impeachment inquiry Mr. Taylor described a president holding up $391 million in assistance for the clear purpose of forcing Ukraine to help incriminate Mr. Trump’s domestic rivals. Mr. Trump’s actions, he testified, undercut American allies desperately fighting  off Russia’s attempt to redraw the boundaries of Europe through force.

“If Ukraine succeeds in breaking free of Russian influence, it is possible for Europe to be whole, free, democratic and at peace,” Mr. Taylor said in his opening statement to House investigators, which was provided to reporters after he delivered it behind closed doors. “In contrast, if Russia dominates Ukraine, Russia will again become an empire, oppressing its people and threatening its neighbors and the rest of the world.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/us/politics/trump-ukraine-william-taylor.html

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: William B. Taylor's testimony
Reply #1 - 10/23/19 at 06:25:52

me thinks it's more about party than factual crimes we shall see

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #2 - 10/23/19 at 06:36:26

thumperclone wrote on 10/23/19 at 06:25:52:
me thinks it's more about party than factual crimes we shall see

Exactly- those preferring partisanship to patriotism are blind to Trump Administration crimes and abjuration of duty.   Moreover, they will smear/disparage/denigrate any number of dedicated civil servants to prop up their hollow pride.  

Pride without a capacity for shame is meaningless.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #3 - 10/23/19 at 14:34:51

Welp, here we go...

The president tweeted: “Never Trumper Republican John Bellinger, represents Never Trumper Diplomat Bill Taylor (who I don’t know), in testimony before Congress!

Meanwhile this is what it was always about, starting with the blocking of Merrick Garland

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/sarah-pitlyk-judge-nomination-ant...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/23/19 at 15:05:10

"Yet in the publicly released portion of his testimony, Mr. Taylor neither described any direct conversation with Mr. Trump himself nor made any reference to documents or recordings that would explicitly implicate the president. Instead, he provided a road map for investigators by quoting others around Mr. Trump describing his actions and statements."

So is this is yet another Chicken Little The Sky is Falling crock of BS that feeds a media bias another big $h!t sandwich but otherwise is nothing but opinion and one man being pi$$ed off at the audacity that an Elected President would pursue his own agenda? Given that's been what every other crock of $hit you clowns have gotten all worked up about, I'd say that's the odds.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/23/19 at 15:05:20

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end.

Yes, it's sad to admit that we've said that far too many times....

Guess that's what happens when trump's useless cucks in DC just roll over for him.

Maybe they'll finally get the hint and see how this idiot is tanking their poll numbers... but probably not.  They all choose party and big donors over what's right.  None care about the Constitution.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #6 - 10/23/19 at 16:12:44

The crime is obvious- this most recent testimony only underlines what honest folks already can clearly ascertain.  

As more patriots stand up to add their voice, Mark's sputtering grows more incoherent.   That rat is going down with the ship -what choice does he have, really?   He's sacrificed integrity, love of country, and respect of his peers, banking all on the tenuous prospect that electoral victory might somehow redeem his character.

That ship has sailed, Mark.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #7 - 10/24/19 at 17:57:25

@Mavigogun,

Yes, it's a special kind of dumb.

You can see now how Mueller did what was important, had he tried to pursue the correct course at that time he would have been embroiled in partisan politics of smear and filth. What he did was with one eye and most of the other on creating a document faithfully recording what happened from those involved at a time when it was fresh in their memory, for those who will be dissecting this strange part of modern American history.

And it is this that really puzzles me, do not people realise how this is all going to look in the distant future? Apparently not.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 12:21:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › William B. Taylor's testimony

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.