Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New book on Mattis, by Snodgrass out soon! (Read 12 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
New book on Mattis, by Snodgrass out soon!
10/22/19 at 20:26:26

Oh this one's going to be a cracker for sure. Trump compared Mattis to Patton. No dark State here folks.

Some pre pub excerpts...

“Trump’s tweets created chaos in the Pentagon," writes Snodgrass, who was detailed to work for Mattis early in his tenure. The damage from the transgender pronouncement "was a terrific example of how an ill-informed, and ill-considered, tweet from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue could result in a strategic defeat."

“Mattis described the lack of a cohesive White House strategy in more colorful terms," he adds. "He labeled the situation as one where the administration was holding itself hostage. He formed his right hand into a make-believe pistol and pointed it toward his temple, saying ‘No one move or the hostage gets it!’”

“Mattis didn’t hesitate," Snodgrass recounts. "'No, I don’t. I do not think Trump’s policies will make America stronger, although we will appear stronger in the short term.’"

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/22/trump-jim-mattis-policies-book-054967

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: New book on Mattis, by Snodgrass out soon!
Reply #1 - 10/23/19 at 05:29:56

....Mr. Mattis went on, saying that people had asked him during the reception before the dinner whether the “overrated” description had bothered him.

“Of course not,” he said in his speech. “I have earned my spurs on the battlefield.”

He added: “Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor.”

Yep, I always liked Mattis.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 14:25:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › New book on Mattis, by Snodgrass out soon!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.