Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The "Loss Of White Men’s Rights" (Read 426 times)
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Re: The "Loss Of White Men’s Rights"
Reply #30 - 10/24/19 at 14:24:44

verslagen1 wrote on 10/24/19 at 14:09:13:
I suspect there will be a lot of services that will not be covered.

Based on what, exactly?   Do you have a model in mind?   Or is this more along the lines of “Orville, that thing's never gonna fly”?

Here's one thing for sure: getting anything off the ground is a whole Hell of a lot harder with nay-sayers and saboteurs, rather than folks contributing toward the best effort in good faith.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 10/24/19 at 14:57:40

Mavigogun wrote on 10/24/19 at 14:24:44:
verslagen1 wrote on 10/24/19 at 14:09:13:
I suspect there will be a lot of services that will not be covered.

Based on what, exactly?   Do you have a model in mind?   Or is this more along the lines of “Orville, that thing's never gonna fly”?

Here's one thing for sure: getting anything off the ground is a whole Hell of a lot harder with nay-sayers and saboteurs, rather than folks contributing toward the best effort in good faith.

I'm not nay-saying, I'm saying keep your eyes open.
The 'you can't read it, just vote for it' crowd will be in charge.

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 10/24/19 at 16:17:04

"There is no right to get healthcare without the responsibility of paying for it. - There should be."

Where would all this money come from?  We are talking about an astounding amount of money to maintain even one care type in the US.

I find people tend to isolate "care" into very narrow valleys of what it consists of.

For instance "Women's" healthcare, or "Cancer Treatment" etc.  The problem is we never stop failing in health, every human will need many forms of care in their lives unless that life is cut short.

Healthcare can be a "right" but the ability to pay for all forms of care in the US is a tremendous amount of money in a constantly shifting environment.  

One very difficult topic is how do we offer free care to people who do not attempt to maintain their health?  Do we just fight to keep them alive with public funds?  Where is the cutoff?  Who makes the decision that you aren't trying hard enough?  How are those algorithms established?

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #33 - 10/24/19 at 17:47:25

Eegore wrote on 10/24/19 at 16:17:04:
"There is no right to get healthcare without the responsibility of paying for it. - There should be."

Where would all this money come from?  We are talking about an astounding amount of money to maintain even one care type in the US.

I find people tend to isolate "care" into very narrow valleys of what it consists of.

For instance "Women's" healthcare, or "Cancer Treatment" etc.  The problem is we never stop failing in health, every human will need many forms of care in their lives unless that life is cut short.

Healthcare can be a "right" but the ability to pay for all forms of care in the US is a tremendous amount of money in a constantly shifting environment.  

One very difficult topic is how do we offer free care to people who do not attempt to maintain their health?  Do we just fight to keep them alive with public funds?  Where is the cutoff?  Who makes the decision that you aren't trying hard enough?  How are those algorithms established?

Health Care?  My mom in the 1960s said she did not have health insurance it was not that expensive.  So
I neither see the Democrats or the republicans addressing the root cause.
It is simple.......
Just turn on daytime tv. "Have you taken this drug? Has it turned your eyeballs purple? call us we at  Shytser Sueem and Howl will get us , umm we mean you the million dollar compensation you deserve!  "

The endless lawsuits have wreaked our health system.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 10/24/19 at 18:24:13

"The endless lawsuits have wreaked our health system. "

That is a large component.  Also the inability to downsize staff and automate or increase efficiency that matches or exceeds livable wages is a large factor.

We still need humans, we can't increase healthcare volume and quality while automating the system like you can with things like vehicles, food etc.  So wages continue to rise, but you can't increase the volume of patients a human can safely treat at the same rate.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 10/24/19 at 20:28:34

Where does the money come from now?

I get that it's not free... but Medicare works.  Medicare for all can work as well.

How is it done in Canada, Sweden or Finland?

It's not impossible.  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 10/24/19 at 20:30:09

Matchless G11 wrote on 10/24/19 at 17:47:25:

Health Care?  My mom in the 1960s said she did not have health insurance it was not that expensive.  So
It is simple.......
Just turn on daytime tv. "Have you taken this drug? Has it turned your eyeballs purple? call us we at  Shytser Sueem and Howl will get us , umm we mean you the million dollar compensation you deserve!  "

Agreed.  Tort reform is needed.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 10/24/19 at 20:58:55

"Where does the money come from now?

The crippling medical bills, and long-term debt with no calculable resolution by providers has developed an unsustainable medical care crisis which is the reason for all these reforms.

"I get that it's not free... but Medicare works.  Medicare for all can work as well."

How?  That's the actual question, since the system creates expense faster than it creates income, how will it sustain itself?  Higher taxes for sure, and most likely employer contribution changes.    

"How is it done in Canada, Sweden or Finland?"

It's not.

We do not even come close to having similar medical care guidelines or even similar economies.  Comparing our medical care to Sweden is like comparing our gun laws to Israel.  You can find some similarities, but the differences far outnumber them.

To put it simply our legal structure at this time prohibits us from denying healthcare, very expensive healthcare from those that inflict damage routinely to themselves.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #38 - 10/25/19 at 03:48:38

T And T Garage wrote on 10/24/19 at 20:30:09:
Matchless G11 wrote on 10/24/19 at 17:47:25:

It is simple.......

Agreed.  Tort reform is needed.

Yes TT
The most sickening law suit I have seen, is one going after a company making the chemo drug for breast cancer treatments. They are asking for those who experience hair loss after the treatments to sue.

So in effect they win (or even if they don't, still lots of fees to defend you're self in court)  The cost of the drug skyrockets and women who have breast cancer cannot afford the drug to save their lives.  Angry

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 10/25/19 at 05:54:15

Eegore wrote on 10/24/19 at 20:58:55:
"Where does the money come from now?

The crippling medical bills, and long-term debt with no calculable resolution by providers has developed an unsustainable medical care crisis which is the reason for all these reforms.

"I get that it's not free... but Medicare works.  Medicare for all can work as well."

How?  That's the actual question, since the system creates expense faster than it creates income, how will it sustain itself?  Higher taxes for sure, and most likely employer contribution changes. (you answer the question below)

"How is it done in Canada, Sweden or Finland?"

It's not.

We do not even come close to having similar medical care guidelines or even similar economies.  Exactly!  That's what needs to change!  You just answered your own question.  Comparing our medical care to Sweden is like comparing our gun laws to Israel.  You can find some similarities, but the differences far outnumber them.

Agreed - I realize it's not just taxes, it's the entire healthcare industry that needs to be upended.

To put it simply our legal structure at this time prohibits us from denying healthcare, very expensive healthcare from those that inflict damage routinely to themselves.  

Agreed.  And what's being proposed is a seachange in how the US deals with healthcare.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #40 - 10/25/19 at 06:53:29

T And T Garage wrote on 10/25/19 at 05:54:15:
Agreed.  And what's being proposed is a seachange in how the US deals with healthcare.

While this has developed into an interesting and substantive exploration of national healthcare policy, let's remember why we're talking about it:

Mendacious Spring didn't like us talking about the bigot Warren Hurst, Tennessee's Sevier County Commissioner, citing a homosexual running for the Presidency as a reason to weaken gun restrictions- to which some in the audience clapped and said "amen".

Bigots see hate as legitimating their governance preferences; when called out, they run off in another direction at high speed; if actually held to account, they double down on demagoguery and hate- as though a reflexive validation.  We see it in this space all the time.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 10/25/19 at 07:34:27

Mavigogun wrote on 10/25/19 at 06:53:29:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/25/19 at 05:54:15:

While this has developed into an interesting and substantive exploration of national healthcare policy, let's remember why we're talking about it:

Mendacious Spring didn't like us talking about the bigot Warren Hurst, Tennessee's Sevier County Commissioner, citing a homosexual running for the Presidency as a reason to weaken gun restrictions- to which some in the audience clapped and said "amen".

Bigots see hate as legitimating their governance preferences; when called out, they run off in another direction at high speed; if actually held to account, they double down on demagoguery and hate- as though a reflexive validation.  We see it in this space all the time.

Thanks for righting the ship Mavigogun!

On nearly every thread, someone takes off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the OP.  More often than not, I get caught up in it.

Medicare for all should have its own thread - and what a thread that could be....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 10/25/19 at 09:46:37

"Agreed.  And what's being proposed is a seachange in how the US deals with healthcare."

Except that if healthcare without requirement to pay is a "right" it can not be infringed upon and so people who repeatedly inject heroine, won't take insulin, refuse physical therapy still have the "right" to healthcare and can not be refused.

I don't think its possible to say there is a "right" to free healthcare without refusing service, or reducing quality to maintenance levels.  I for one do not think my taxes should go to repeat diabetic patients who just eat what they want and just sell their insulin that I pay for them to have.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 10/25/19 at 11:39:48

Eegore wrote on 10/25/19 at 09:46:37:
"Agreed.  And what's being proposed is a seachange in how the US deals with healthcare."

Except that if healthcare without requirement to pay is a "right" it can not be infringed upon and so people who repeatedly inject heroine, won't take insulin, refuse physical therapy still have the "right" to healthcare and can not be refused.

I don't think its possible to say there is a "right" to free healthcare without refusing service, or reducing quality to maintenance levels.  I for one do not think my taxes should go to repeat diabetic patients who just eat what they want and just sell their insulin that I pay for them to have.

Fair enough.  Then enact some sort of means testing.

Again, other countries have cracked this, why can't we?

I think it's safe to say that one of the main reasons is that it's a trillion dollar industry and large corporations (big pharma) have most every legislator in their pocket - except a few like Bernie and Warren.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 10/25/19 at 15:40:21

"Again, other countries have cracked this, why can't we?"

They haven't.  

I think that's the fundamental problem with these comparisons, people think other countries "solved" the problem when they in fact never had it.

Other countries have solved gun violence, why can't we?

Other countries have solved homelessness why can't we?

Other countries have solved Education Debt why can't we?

This is like someone in Turkey saying we cracked our refugee problem.

See the issue?  They aren't solving our problem, they never had to, they never had our problem.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 04:25:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The "Loss Of White Men’s Rights"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.