Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal" (Read 356 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal"
10/15/19 at 08:18:30

John Bolton Accused Trump's Chief of Staff of 'Cooking Up' a 'Drug Deal' in Ukraine
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/d3a59w/john-bolton-accused-trumps-chief-of...
President Trump’s last National Security Advisor John Bolton went ballistic after a July meeting about Ukraine and said he wanted no part of a backdoor connection he derided as a “drug deal,” a former top official reportedly testified.

If Bolton confirms this,.. Trump is toast.
I don't think Bolton will jump under the bus for Trump. Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal"
Reply #1 - 10/15/19 at 09:04:37

How many times are you going to write the same thing.....
If this is true.......

Geez....where were you when I was a kid selling insurance....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/15/19 at 09:11:47

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/19 at 09:04:37:
...when I was a kid selling insurance....

No wonder you support Trump... Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/15/19 at 12:40:57

Them dammo walls are closing in UhGain...
Toast
UhGain
Finished
UhGain.....

Phhht...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
The Three Amigos
Reply #4 - 10/15/19 at 16:56:58

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry-live-update...

they call themselves The Three Amigos

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney organized a meeting this spring in which officials determined to take Ukraine policy out of the traditional channels, putting Secretary of Energy Rick Perry, U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, and special U.S. envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker in charge of it instead, Kent told lawmakers Tuesday.

Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state responsible for Ukraine, told House investigators that he was told to “lay low” and defer to the trio, who called themselves the “three amigos,” Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) told reporters Tuesday.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal
Reply #5 - 10/15/19 at 17:08:03

[quote author=6A7C6B766E7B766D190 link=1571152710/0#0 date=1571152710]
If Bolton confirms this,.. Trump is toast.
I don't think Bolton will jump under the bus for Trump.

In fact he's already toast, he'll be powdered toast, man.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #6 - 10/15/19 at 20:16:29

Here's the latest on this. Tumblin' Trump, like the wall of Jericho.

This is the first time since 2016 that Trump has completely lost control of the news cycle. It is my belief that the reason he gave Erdogan the green light to kill us allies soldier who were fighting with the US for the past 3 years, was to try and recapture the news cycle.

Anyone remember the SAS soldier that Trump condemned to death in a pointless raid early on in his term. Or how he sent the cruise missiles in to show Assad. Now he's given up the Kurds who were instrumental in displacing ISIS, and allowed Russia to do whatever she wants.

Nixon also condemned extra US soldiers to death by deliberately not ending the Viet Nam war, in order to increase his election chances.

What do you suppose the the GOP are going to say in the future when a Democratic Party wants to increase the deficit. Now I'm not saying that a large deficit is a problem per se, but we all know how they howled. I'm curious to see if they can still get away with their hypocrisy.

I have a feeling that this may be the lasting damage Trump has done to the GOP, they have no credibility at all, and the entire justice department works for Trump now.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/16/19 at 04:55:55

Aww......the entire justice department does work for Trump....

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #8 - 10/16/19 at 07:40:22

WebsterMark wrote on 10/16/19 at 04:55:55:
Aww......the entire justice department does work for Trump....

This is a common misconception of those ignorant of our form of government:  the Justice Department works for all residents of the United States.   Only corrupt administrations attempt to co-opt the Justice Department through administrative power.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/16/19 at 08:42:11

Oh please..... that's like saying a police department works for all members of the city and not the mayor or city council for example.... This is Realsville, not a 3rd grade civics class.
Talk about ignorance....

The President of the United States is the ultimate head of the justice department. They can direct the justice department to undertake or stop a wide range of activities. The Attorney General works at the pleasure of the President and can be fired by the President at anytime for any reason. Repercussions arise from that. Ask Nixon, but doesn't change the fact who the head of the department is.

Ideally Attorney Generals are 100% independent from the President but that really never happens. Eric Holder refused Congressional request arguably to protect his boss and kept his job. Jeff Sessions recused himself and in exchanged incurred the wrath of Trump. Lynch did some questionable things. I'm sure you'd say Barr protected Trump with the Mueller debacle.

Regardless, whomever it is, The President is head of the Justice Department and enjoys a certain level of limited protection that no other US citizen has.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Re: Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal
Reply #10 - 10/16/19 at 10:01:09

WebsterMark wrote on 10/16/19 at 08:42:11:
Oh please..... that's like saying a police department works for all members of the city and not the mayor or city council for example.... This is Realsville, not a 3rd grade civics class.
Talk about ignorance....

In “Realsville”, when law enforcement collude with an executive at any level- State, local, or Federal -to enable disregard of law, patriots object.

The President of the United States is the ultimate head of the justice department. They can direct the justice department to undertake or stop a wide range of activities.

This is at the heart of your misapprehension: the President is most definitely not the head of the Justice Department.  While the President may  give whatever direction, it is incumbent on the Attorney General to refuse unlawful direction.  A crisis occurs when the AG disregards that primary responsibility.  Sure, the President can fire an AG and nominate a replacement.  The President can nominate and fire the Surgeon General- that doesn’t transform the President into the United States ultimate doctor.   Simply, the AG is not the President't lawyer- and the President is not the Chief Lawyer of the United States.   Saying otherwise doesn’t make it so... and is just silly.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/16/19 at 10:15:27

The President is absolutely head of the Justice Department. There is no ambiguity there.  Everyone knows that.

You want to cloud the issue with your partisanship. Fine, go ahead but that doesn't change anything.

A police chief may be the head of his police force and has the authority to fire any officer at any time for any reason. That doesn't mean an office is under legal obligation to follow orders they deem illegal. But that fact does not change the fact that the chief is head of the department.

The President is Head of the Justice Department. The Attorney General reports to and is subordinate to the President. That doesn't mean the AG is legally obligated to follow illegal instructions. That fact does nothing to change the fact the President is at the top of the department.

Like I said, if you want to me a political argument, go ahead, but from a factual point of view, the President is the Head of the Justice Department.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 10/16/19 at 10:23:04

Which means Trump is head if the Army,... and he should be impeached because of his bone spurs...

I'm good with that... Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/16/19 at 10:47:04

Well, your logic is at least as sound as that other dude so I'll give you points for that.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/16/19 at 10:51:09

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 14:22:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.