Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal" (Read 356 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal"
Reply #15 - 10/16/19 at 11:03:49

WebsterMark wrote on 10/16/19 at 10:47:04:
Well, your logic is at least as sound as that other dude so I'll give you points for that.

Bad news,... you're the other dude... Wink

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Re: Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal
Reply #16 - 10/16/19 at 12:06:00

WebsterMark wrote on 10/16/19 at 10:15:27:
The President is absolutely head of the Justice Department. There is no ambiguity there.  Everyone knows that.

This is an example of claiming false authority by projecting your own misunderstanding onto “everyone”.  You are correct though- there is no ambiguity as to your mistake.

A police chief may be the head of his police force and has the authority to fire any officer at any time for any reason. That doesn't mean an office is under legal obligation to follow orders they deem illegal. But that fact does not change the fact that the chief is head of the department.

Facts are not established through rationalizations.   Still, there is some utility to be had here- as the parallel works, if not bent to serve a narrative: the head of the police department is the chief- not the mayor.   Ask any police officer who heads their precinct- none will respond “the Mayor”.  Yes, a mayor can fire a police chief.   Yes, a mayor can direct a chief to do any number of illegal things.

I reckon your confusion arises from the President’s role as ultimate civilian control over the military.   Regardless, these are not semantic destinations, but codified legal relationships- unchanged by the number of times you repeat a mistake and label it a fact.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/16/19 at 13:00:53

"The President is absolutely head of the Justice Department. There is no ambiguity there.  Everyone knows that."

According to the Dept. of Justice, the President is not Head of the DOJ, the Attorney General is.  How are you arriving at your conclusion that the POTUS "heads" the DoJ?

https://www.justice.gov/ag

https://www.justice.gov

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 10/16/19 at 13:05:25

Eegore wrote on 10/16/19 at 13:00:53:
How are you arriving at your conclusion that the POTUS "heads" the DoJ?

Because,... in a Fascist state, he is...

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #19 - 10/16/19 at 13:25:44

Mavigogun wrote on 10/16/19 at 12:06:00:
...Facts are not established through rationalizations.  
... Regardless, these are not semantic destinations, but codified legal relationships- unchanged by the number of times you repeat a mistake and label it a fact.

Well said.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 10/16/19 at 13:41:40

Eegore wrote on 10/16/19 at 13:00:53:
"The President is absolutely head of the Justice Department. There is no ambiguity there.  Everyone knows that."

According to the Dept. of Justice, the President is not Head of the DOJ, the Attorney General is.  How are you arriving at your conclusion that the POTUS "heads" the DoJ?

"The Power of the Executive Branch is vested in the President of the United States."   As such, all offices under the President are subordinate.

In my company, we have VP's of various departments who have wide latitude in operating their departments. The CEO may or may not choose to inject himself into the actions of those departments. Whether he does or not is immaterial, there is no ambiguity, he is the Head of Sales, the Head of Production, the Head of Marketing, etc.....  

The President of the United States is the Head of the Executive Branch and the entities that fall under his authority. The Legislative Branch and any separate entity falling directly under it, are not under his control and he has no authority over them. The Judicial Branch and any entity falling directly under it, are not under his control and he has no authority over them. But the Justice Department is directly under the Executive Branch and as such, is ultimately headed up by the President.

You guy's problem is you're mixing your partisan political wishes with the structure of government. If someone can fire you, you are their subordinate.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/16/19 at 13:42:41

... Regardless, these are not semantic destinations, but codified legal relationships- unchanged by the number of times you repeat a mistake and label it a fact

Yes they are.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 10/16/19 at 13:49:04

"You guy's problem is you're mixing your partisan political wishes with the structure of government. If someone can fire you, you are their subordinate."

I don't have any partisan political wishes.  I have worked for the DoJ, I have looked up the structure posted publicly regarding this topic.

The results, to me, indicate that if a legal document required the signature of the "Head" of the DoJ that the signature would be that of the Attorney General and not the POTUS.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 10/16/19 at 14:16:13

Wrong..

Look up
President can fire the attorney general.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 10/16/19 at 14:27:20

Eegore wrote on 10/16/19 at 13:49:04:
"You guy's problem is you're mixing your partisan political wishes with the structure of government. If someone can fire you, you are their subordinate."

I don't have any partisan political wishes.  I have worked for the DoJ, I have looked up the structure posted publicly regarding this topic.

The results, to me, indicate that if a legal document required the signature of the "Head" of the DoJ that the signature would be that of the Attorney General and not the POTUS.

Oh come on Eegore.......  you know this. The President is Head of the Justice Department. If I need a document signed by the head of sales, I go to the VP of Sales. But he is not really the head of sales now is he?.... The CEO is. The CEO voluntarily cedes his authority over sales to the VP for as long as it pleases him to do so. At anytime, he can recall that authority in part (as in directing a specific sales campaign be undertaken) or in full (by firing him.)  Any person or entity the Attorney General has authority over, the President has a higher authority over.
You cannot dispute that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 10/16/19 at 14:27:58

I never said the POTUS can not fire the AG.

I can fire people but that does not make me the "head" of each department.

The staff do not report to me, they report to their department "heads".  I do not sign every legal document for every department.

Because the President can fire someone doesn't make him the head of that Department.  The POTUS does not sign paperwork labeled for the Head of the DoJ.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/16/19 at 15:34:21

I can fire people but that does not make me the "head" of each department.

Actually it does. If you have that authority, you can intercede and direct activities in whatever direction you choose. That makes you the defacto head of that department. Are you the day to day head/leader? No, perhaps not. My CEO is not my day to day head/leader in sales, the VP of sales is. But make no mistake, my CEO is the real head/leader.

Call this semantics if you want, but there are real and legal practical ramifications from the FACT that the President is the Head of the Justice Department.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 10/16/19 at 16:37:38

I'm just thinking if a question on a high school test asked:

Who is the Head of the Department of Justice?

Donald Trump would not be considered a correct answer because he is not the Head of the Department of Justice.  He is the President, and Barr is the Head of the Department of Justice.  

So is the question:

Does the President have absolute control of the Department of Justice?

I'd still say no, but he can issue Executive Order, and he can fire, but not hire on his own the Head of the Department of Justice.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 10/16/19 at 16:45:11

Not sure about the AG in particular,.. but most appointments take an oath to the Constitution and the American people, not to the President.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #29 - 10/16/19 at 16:49:35

WebsterMark wrote on 10/16/19 at 13:42:41:
Yes they are.

LTM, no they're not.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 14:29:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bolton "I'm not part of this drug deal"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.