O’Rourke (Read 220 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: O’Rourke
Reply #15 - 10/15/19 at 09:02:42

"Who says we don't work to solve problems in our own community?"

Nobody.  I said it is easier to type it here than to do something out there.  This may not be true for everyone but for me talking into a microphone is easier than leaving the house.

You don't know what I do.

I did not say I did.

"We don't talk about community building standards on here, we talk about abstract and national political issues that for the most part, don't impact us at all."

Right.  Also there are a lot of complaints that go on for years that are complaints, not discussion.  Complaining, and specifically complaining is what I am talking about.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 10/15/19 at 09:02:47

It's got nothing to do with the color of their skin.  It's got everything to do with how they're treated BECAUSE of the color of their skin.

Herein is the key to solving many problems, but the difficulties in overcoming the concepts above are darn near impossible.

This is a variation of the somewhat hypothetical question: Do you cross the street if you see someone who looks _________ coming your way. Fill in the blank.
Victoria Secret Model? No.
White man in a suite? No
Black man in a suite? No
White man dress as a thug? (insert whatever dress you consider that to be?
Black man dress as the same thug?

Truth is; virtually everyone in the communicates we all live in are yes to the last question and split on the second to last question. If you answer no to both, you're lying.

The big question is why? The simple answer is self preservation. But the deeper answer is why one but maybe not the other.
For many of us in major cities, we know the vast, vast majority of violent crime is predominately cause by black Americans. So is it a perfectly natural and sensible response we have to cross the street for one and not the other or is it some form of racism?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/15/19 at 09:06:45

"So is it a perfectly natural and sensible response we have to cross the street for one and not the other or is it some form of racism?"

It can be both but it does not require both.

It's no different than the multitude of studies done with a person falling down, asking for money or laying on the ground.

Clothing has more to do with outcomes than race, perception of events has more to do with both, such as laying on the ground asking for help one with a liquor bottle in his hand, one without.

Race falls somewhere as a supporting factor in each assessment.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 10/15/19 at 09:59:02

MnSpring wrote on 10/15/19 at 08:48:34:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/15/19 at 08:38:20:
FYI - I took Hunter's Safety in 4th grade.  I was taught to respect guns and hunting.

Really, apparently you were reading a comic book and not paying attention.
(Like, 'Sweet Sunday Gone' or 'The Last Shot')

Because you did not learn,
it is the PERSON that pulls the trigger.

So you can STFU now, thanks.

Is that what the school board and ward zoning board says to you.
When you make comments that you are,
'well qualified to' ????

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So, tell us all again how there are "many, many" ways to get a serial number off a gun when it's been filed off....lol

You're a self-proclaimed expert.  And with that, I consider the source as being woefully unqualified.

You're welcome.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 10/15/19 at 10:05:05

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/19 at 09:02:47:
It's got nothing to do with the color of their skin.  It's got everything to do with how they're treated BECAUSE of the color of their skin.

Herein is the key to solving many problems, but the difficulties in overcoming the concepts above are darn near impossible.

This is a variation of the somewhat hypothetical question: Do you cross the street if you see someone who looks _________ coming your way. Fill in the blank.
Victoria Secret Model? No.
White man in a suite? No
Black man in a suite? No
White man dress as a thug? (insert whatever dress you consider that to be?
Black man dress as the same thug?

Truth is; virtually everyone in the communicates we all live in are yes to the last question and split on the second to last question. If you answer no to both, you're lying.

And thank you for proving my point 100%! The communities you live in.  Not the 85% that don't.

That's just simply NOT the way it is mark.  

You're so woefully ignorant and obtuse it's pathetic.

99% of the conservatives I know are exactly the same way.

You were all brought up to scold the "welfare queens" that ronnie made up and you never cared to find out what's really going on.  the "blacks are making hard on themselves" and the "why don't they just move out" mentality is what makes you feel better about yourselves and does nothing to change the problem.

The big question is why? The simple answer is self preservation. But the deeper answer is why one but maybe not the other.
For many of us in major cities, we know the vast, vast majority of violent crime is predominately cause by black Americans. So is it a perfectly natural and sensible response we have to cross the street for one and not the other or is it some form of racism?

So sad that you can't see how racist that last paragraph is.

No surprise, just terribly sad.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 10/15/19 at 10:41:41

I see you didn't answer.
You'd cross the street like the rest of us. Now, why?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/15/19 at 10:47:36

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/19 at 10:41:41:
I see you didn't answer.
You'd cross the street like the rest of us. Now, why?

It's a bullsh!t question.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

See how that works?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 10/15/19 at 10:52:26

Not at all. The would you cross the street question is valid.

Let me put it another way. Thos Friday or Saturday night, late, you and tje misses wanna go out for a bit. You telling me you're fine with heading down to the Fuller Park neighborhood and popping in a local bar for a brew?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 10/15/19 at 11:43:00

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/19 at 10:52:26:
Not at all. The would you cross the street question is valid.

Let me put it another way. Thos Friday or Saturday night, late, you and tje misses wanna go out for a bit. You telling me you're fine with heading down to the Fuller Park neighborhood and popping in a local bar for a brew?

LOL, like you've been to Fuller Park? (doubtful)  How about Englewood?  How about Lawndale or Garfield?

But to answer your question - no, I wouldn't go there for a "brew".  First off, it's way out of my way, and second, yes, it's a bad neighborhood.  Not because of "the blacks", but because of the poverty and the gangs.  This all goes back to that whole mentality of "it's their own fault".  The CPD is outmatched and it can't get enough people on the beat because of the budget.  That, and institutional racism.  I live with a lot of cops and firemen and sadly, there is a lot of racism in their ranks.

This is what happens to neighborhoods like that.  They get left behind.  They don't get aldermanic support and they fall apart.  The money that should go there, always seems to find its way to other projects.  Like I keep saying, I've seen this firsthand.

I've been to all the near west, near south neighborhoods at one time or another.  Not as some "observer" going to "see how bad things are", but doing work and working with the people living there.

Suffice it to say, when I'm on a street at night, I don't cross it to avoid someone I don't like the look of.  More often than not, I'm the guy that says hi.

BTW, I've been to the United Center quite a few times late at night (by myself and with buddies), and it's in a pretty poor neighborhood.  Never had a major problem.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 10/15/19 at 12:30:32

Have I ever been to Fuller Park? Hell no. Why would I?

You wouldn't go there because its potentially dangerous just like we'd all 'cross the street'. That's common sense.

Today in most major cities, the vast, vast majority of crime is coming from inner cities which are predominately black. So by default, certainly not fair, any black man is viewed with suspicion if he fits a certain look. You do it the same as anyone else does. Don't pretend otherwise.

Everyone agrees what the current situation is. What to do is the tricky part. You say these neighborhoods get left behind, but why? Racism certainly exist, but is that really why? Racism is why they get left behind?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 10/15/19 at 12:32:30

BTW, I've been to the United Center quite a few times late at night (by myself and with buddies), and it's in a pretty poor neighborhood.  Never had a major problem.  Big deal, that's not the same thing. You're another water buffalo going to the watering hole with 20,000 other buffalo. You have no fear of lions. That's kinda like saying some of my best friends are black...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/15/19 at 13:00:17

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/19 at 12:30:32:
Have I ever been to Fuller Park? Hell no. Why would I?

You wouldn't go there because its potentially dangerous just like we'd all 'cross the street'. That's common sense.

Wrong, I've been there.  I'd never go at night "sightseeing".  Huge difference.

Today in most major cities, the vast, vast majority of crime is coming from inner cities which are predominately black. So by default, certainly not fair, any black man is viewed with suspicion if he fits a certain look. You do it the same as anyone else does. Don't pretend otherwise.

LOL - by YOU, not the 85% of other people who think rationally.  You are a racist.  Full Stop.  You just proved it by your statement.

There is only one commonality in ghettos - poverty.

Here - why don't you take a look at these - they might actually open your eyes:

http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674951914

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/12/opinion/columbus-day-italian-am...

http://www.amazon.com/Working-Toward-Whiteness-Americas-Immigrants/dp/0465070744

Everyone agrees what the current situation is. What to do is the tricky part. You say these neighborhoods get left behind, but why? Racism certainly exist, but is that really why? Racism is why they get left behind?

Yes and yes.  It's been shown that an identical resume, except for the name (one with something like "Tom Smith" and one with "Andre Jackson") are almost always biased towards the more "white sounding" of the two.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-bias-hiring-0504-biz-20160503-story...

When you have the alt-right shouting "Jews will not replace us" - how can you even ask that question?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 10/15/19 at 13:05:57

WebsterMark wrote on 10/15/19 at 12:32:30:
BTW, I've been to the United Center quite a few times late at night (by myself and with buddies), and it's in a pretty poor neighborhood.  Never had a major problem.  Big deal, that's not the same thing. You're another water buffalo going to the watering hole with 20,000 other buffalo. You have no fear of lions. That's kinda like saying some of my best friends are black...

No, it's not.  I'm not talking about when I was at the stadium, I mean being in the neighborhood.  In taking the Blue line, you're a few blocks from the safety of others, especially when you wait for the crowd to thin.  And I've done it more than once by myself.  Yeah, I've gotten hassled, once or twice, but nothing of any consequence.

But then, what the hell do you care?  You'll never know what it's like in those neighborhoods.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 10/15/19 at 13:57:32

T And T Garage wrote on 10/15/19 at 13:00:17:
you have the alt-right shouting "Jews will not replace us" -

Have no doubt that some have said that.
And YOU say it is Racist.

Yet when Democratic Protesters say:
“Kill A Cop”
perfectly OK,
(OK, with thumb and forefinger tips touching, and the other 3 fingers, Up, Down, Forward, Backwards Sideways, or Waving)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vf22N1_8nE
If you are are in a hurry, start at 2.00.
tt never mind, don't watch, you are not interested in the TRUTH.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 10/15/19 at 14:05:59

MnSpring wrote on 10/15/19 at 13:57:32:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/15/19 at 13:00:17:
you have the alt-right shouting "Jews will not replace us" -

Have no doubt that some have said that.
And YOU say it is Racist.

They have - it's on video here:
http://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/10/10/when-white-nationalists-chant-t...

Yet when Democratic Protesters say:
“Kill A Cop”
perfectly OK,
(OK, with thumb and forefinger tips touching, and the other 3 fingers, Up, Down, Forward, Backwards Sideways, or Waving)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vf22N1_8nE
If you are are in a hurry, start at 2.00.
tt never mind, don't watch, you are not interested in the TRUTH.

Did I say that it was OK?  Did I?  Did Sero?  Did Thumper?  Did ANYONE on here say it was OK?

Do you ever answer a question directly?

If not, then STFU.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 14:21:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › O’Rourke

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.