Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
California bans mini shampoo bottles (Read 56 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
California bans mini shampoo bottles
10/11/19 at 16:04:32

How the fcuk do I know this minutiae of local policy? Why it was on the Hannity show, but surely I do not watch Hannity. Of course not, it was a retweet in the Tangerine Twitter Machine's daily comedy monologue...

in fact his feed seems to be just retweets of Hannity, O'Reilly, and Ivanka this morning.

Remember Trump told Kim he's got a very big button and he knows how to use it.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: California bans mini shampoo bottles
Reply #1 - 10/11/19 at 19:45:13

I'm just glad they are doing something.

We flew over a plastic mass on a helo and it was massive.  Considering every piece of plastic ever made still exists, none of this going to go away on its own.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/12/19 at 09:14:39

Eegore wrote on 10/11/19 at 19:45:13:
Considering every piece of plastic ever made still exists, none of this going to go away on its own.

I wish I could convince my plastic lawn chairs, and the inner door levers on my car.  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 10/12/19 at 09:26:41

Eegore wrote on 10/11/19 at 19:45:13:
  I'm just glad they are doing something.   We flew over a plastic mass on a helo and it was massive.  Considering every piece of plastic ever made still exists, none of this going to go away on its own. 

How is this coming, reported in 2008. (Eleven Years Ago)?
"...Plastic takes thousands of years to decompose – but 16-year-old science fair contestant Daniel Burd made it happen in just three months...."

How is the recycling of, 'The Patch', coming along.
Actually 2 major 'patches', which were talked about over 30 years ago. And their have been ever continuing studies, on 'how to', fix the problem. With floating booms/etc, and shops scoping the things up to grind and recycle ?

This statement: "Considering every piece of plastic ever made still exists" is just plain totally untrue.
Is it designed to, 'scare' people ?
(just one small example, do a search on: 'boards made from plastic')

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/12/19 at 10:11:11

Recycled plastic still exists.

Plastic boards made from plastic are still here.  They exist and are actually in my opinion worse due to the amount of energy needed to re-process the material.

As for the 11 year old article, it seems that more than a decade later the "Industrial Scale" that "should be easy" as indicated hasn't happened and for a reason.  The multitude of studies done after this kid made it "decompose" have found he actually created a faster way for polyethylene to "degrade".  Right after he was hailed for his yeast science project, actual physicists and biologists indicated they had already done this through photo-degradation.

Literally 8 years ago after they figured out what this kid did there was a prediction, which has been proven accurate by the way, that micro-plastics will have to be examined because they will most likely not be able to be extracted from the current water treatment process.  This is why today exfoliating soaps can't use the beads anymore.

So try again.  This kid degraded polyethylene into an even more damaging product.  That's why you don't see anyone "decomposing" plastic bags.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 10/12/19 at 11:43:10

Eegore wrote on 10/12/19 at 10:11:11:
 Recycled plastic still exists.

Yes it does. A different form, yet it still exists.
That old formed substance, can exist floating in a Ocean, or it can be new formed, and exist under my feet on a Deck.

“…Plastic boards… …are actually in my opinion worse due to the amount of energy needed to re-process the material…”

Interesting, yet wind towers, solar farms, and elect cars are all proven to be the same.
Yet they, are to be encouraged ?

“…This kid degraded polyethylene into an even more damaging product…  ”

Don’t understand if the Kid discovered the breakdown in 2008, why it has been reported so many times, and by so many people/places, last I found was 2018.
These people that keep repeating something, because someone else said it, could they be right, or are they wrong ?

Also so many other, ‘ways’,of breakdown. Other enzymes/bacteria/caterpillars, The best is, melting plastic bags in hot cooking oil !!!!! And Oh, (as the video says), you can re use the oil to cook in !

Hey I have a Idea. Why not put Milk, Pop, Juice, Water, etc, … in a heavy duty container.
Which gets cleaned out, then filled again with the substance it originally came filled with ?

“…  So try again …” Getting better and better at copying tt’s phrases.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/12/19 at 12:12:33

"Yes it does. A different form, yet it still exists.
That old formed substance, can exist floating in a Ocean, or it can be new formed, and exist under my feet on a Deck."

Yes.  Every piece of plastics ever made, still exists.  

"Interesting, yet wind towers, solar farms, and elect cars are all proven to be the same.
Yet they, are to be encouraged ?"

Up to you.

"Don’t understand if the Kid discovered the breakdown in 2008, why it has been reported so many times, and by so many people/places, last I found was 2018.
These people that keep repeating something, because someone else said it, could they be right, or are they wrong ?"

"Breakdown" is not "biodegraded".  That kid broke polyethylene down into microplastics, you can do it yourself.  My point is why in 11 years, if he actually biodegraded plastic can he possibly be the only person in the world capable of it?  Conspiracy I bet, big oil or climate change activists or something right?  Or maybe, just maybe all those chemists and physicists that make the stuff an work with it daily are right and not the reporters and YouTube.

"And Oh, (as the video says), you can re use the oil to cook in !"

If you want degraded microplastic in your cooking oil!  

And Oh, the video is already known to be incorrect for normal and healthy use.  Polyethylene terephthalate melts at 250 C while cooking oil averages at 235 C so the cooking oil will degrade and start smoking prior.

Why on earth you would be ok with that in your food is beyond me, but enjoy.  

https://www.rojakpot.com/fried-food-plastic-debunked/

"Hey I have a Idea. Why not put Milk, Pop, Juice, Water, etc, … in a heavy duty container.
Which gets cleaned out, then filled again with the substance it originally came filled with ?"

Good idea, support it locally like I do.  I sign a waiver excluding me from the protections act that covers any potential illnesses.  Then figure out a way to encourage multi-billion dollar companies to re-use glass at nearly triple the cost over virgin plastics.

"Getting better and better at copying tt’s phrases."

Ok.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 10/12/19 at 12:24:15

Eegore wrote on 10/12/19 at 12:12:33:
 Why on earth you would be ok with that in your food is beyond me, but enjoy.  

Perhaps the sarcasm of the foolishness of the Fairy Dust Sprinkler, 'disposing', his plastic bags in heated cooking oil.
Then stating the oil was OK to cook food in,
was not apparent to you.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/12/19 at 12:33:20

It was not.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #9 - 10/12/19 at 16:00:27

Recently in the Brisbane, plastic bags have been banned from supermarkets, now the supermarkets are making a killing selling 10c reusable bags which they can by by the tens of thousands, for $1.

The general sentiment is fine I have no problem with that. What should be happening is the government should legislated that bags are biodegradable. This is and has been available for 20 years.

What these bans on do is make people feel like they're doing something when they are not. It just becomes more marketing.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 10/12/19 at 16:57:55

eau de sauvage wrote on 10/12/19 at 16:00:27:
now the supermarkets are making a killing selling 10c reusable bags which they can by by the tens of thousands, for $1.

WOW, I want somothat !!!!!
That's  20 Thousand, reusable, supermarket size, bags.
(The ten was Plural, so that is at least 20 thousand),
for 1 dollar.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 16:25:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › California bans mini shampoo bottles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.