+1 (Read 36 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
+1
10/08/19 at 19:22:40

Daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres took a stand against the Twitter mob after receiving backlash for appearing at a football game next to former President George W. Bush, whom she calls a "friend."

During her monologue on Monday, DeGeneres told the audience that she and Portia de Rossi were invited to a Dallas Cowboys game by Charlotte Jones, daughter of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

She was seen in the suite sitting next to Bush and former first lady Laura Bush.

"When we were invited, I was aware that I was going to be surrounded with people from very different views and beliefs. And I'm not talking about politics... I was rooting for the Packers," DeGeneres joked. "So I had to hide my cheese hat in Portia's purse."

However, DeGeneres faced heavy criticism on social media for appearing alongside Bush.

"People were upset," DeGeneres said. "They thought, why is a gay Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative Republican president?... A lot of people were mad. And they did what people do when they're mad... they tweet."

The comedian then read a tweet, "Ellen and George Bush together makes me have faith in America again." The audience clapped.

"Here's the thing: I'm friends with George Bush. In fact, I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have," DeGeneres continued. "We're all different and I think that we've forgotten that that's okay that we're all different... but just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean that I'm not going to be friends with them."

"When I say, 'Be kind to one another,' I don't mean only the people that think the same way that you do. I mean be kind to everyone. Doesn't matter."

DeGeneres concluded by thanking Charlotte and Jerry Jones as well as George and Laura Bush for a "Sunday afternoon that was so fun," but added that they owe her "six dollars for the nachos."

BRAVO..... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: +1
Reply #1 - 10/08/19 at 21:03:57

Unacceptable.

People who don't agree with me should be perpetually shunned and I should never betray my beliefs by letting any others impact me in any way, positively or negatively.

I will boycott all things Ellen has ever appeared on, except the Internet and of course Twitter because that's how I isolate myself from the world.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/08/19 at 21:13:54

Eegore!
Humor?
Really!??
I'm impressed..
Good job..

I wonder who scolded Bush for spending time with her...

Nobody,, nobody cares.

The woke scolds care.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 10/09/19 at 05:56:22

Pretty good Eegore.....but I think its safe to say, just like the Crusaders believed, in killing folks, they were doing them a favor.

This IS, their lives......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/09/19 at 06:08:52

I'm actually a fan of Ellen and would dearly like for her to take over one of the late night 'comedy' shows so there's something worth having on in the background before bed. The two Jimmy's are worthless as t!ts on a boar.

Here's an interesting couple of points. First off; as mentioned; no significant conservatives were upset at all that Bush spent his time with a gay, liberal Hollywood superstar. Which tells you who the tolerate ones really are.

Secondly, imagine this same scenario repeats itself in 2025, but instead of Bush it's Donald and Melania Trump that Ellen spends some time with. Yea, leftist snowflakes still go wild but would the support Ellen got from some of the leftist world still occur? Would she still make that statement? Would she walk out of the booth when she saw him?

Jimmy Fallon got crucified and being the wimp he is, apologized and begged forgiveness when he had Trump on and he ruffled his hair. Would Ellen have Melania on her show? Has she? Would she have Trump on?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 10/09/19 at 06:10:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/08/19 at 21:13:54:
"... I wonder who scolded Bush for spending time with her..."

Eggg Zacteley !!!!!

Where were the main Media reports of,
the Screaming, Crying, Stomping feet, RIGHTIES,
who would have been Screaming, Crying, Stomping their feet, that  Busch,
was sitting next to, and “GASP”, Talking to,
a Ultra Liberal Hollywood Lesbian Elite ?

More evidence that the UL FDS GBS are just, ’stamping their feet’.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 10/10/19 at 08:12:09

MnSpring wrote on 10/09/19 at 06:10:34:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/08/19 at 21:13:54:
"... I wonder who scolded Bush for spending time with her..."

Eggg Zacteley !!!!!

Where were the main Media reports of,
the Screaming, Crying, Stomping feet, RIGHTIES,
who would have been Screaming, Crying, Stomping their feet, that  Busch,
was sitting next to, and “GASP”, Talking to,
a Ultra Liberal Hollywood Lesbian Elite ?

More evidence that the UL FDS GBS are just, ’stamping their feet’.

Buddy, I think this "fringe" is the very element that causes the hardest obstacle for democrat presidents....

Obama had to change his beliefs, once in office to appease them, if you recall.
So did Clinton, and Carter, but not as much, tho it cost him a 2nd term with Edward Kennedy driving it against him......

Sure, you have your political opponents across the isle, but the hardest battles come from within.....
Face it, they hold a distinct advantage over their ability to direct the narrative through various influences.

Trump is revealing lots of it by his own outrageous behavior, causing them to come out with more overt rebellions and exposing their true cause....  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 16:57:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › +1

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.