Show Me Yours (Read 63 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Show Me Yours
Reply #15 - 10/07/19 at 15:07:05

Eegore wrote on 10/07/19 at 14:51:59:
Regarding Trumps taxes given his pre-election international business affiliations if I were a competing multi billion dollar business I imagine I would never want my tax returns in my competitors hands, but would absolutely love for my financial team to have everyone else's.

Of course.  However, when you're president, you give up certain things.  And privacy is one of them.

Further, it's relevant to see these returns as his business dealings were with russian oligarchs and could pose significant conflicts of interest..

This message dictated on outdated mobile tech in a high ambient noise environment in encrypted airspace if this all comes out as garbage I apologize.

1 one

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 10/07/19 at 15:35:24

T And T Garage wrote on 10/07/19 at 15:04:33:
sorry to burst your bubble mn, but illegals have certain rights in this country.

Again can you direct me to the, 'Right', that says, 'Illegals are above the law'

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/07/19 at 16:51:02

'Of course.  However, when you're president, you give up certain things.  And privacy is one of them."

Actually that isn't in writing, thus law, anywhere.

Tax return disclosure is a "custom" not a "requirement".  Personal privacy, and the 4th Amendment still apply to the US President.

Just because people want to see the President's financial history doesn't mean they are entitled to it.  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 10/08/19 at 09:50:46

MnSpring wrote on 10/07/19 at 15:35:24:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/07/19 at 15:04:33:
sorry to burst your bubble mn, but illegals have certain rights in this country.

Again can you direct me to the, 'Right', that says, 'Illegals are above the law'

Ahem.... NO ONE SAYS THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW.  A HUMAN RIGHT IS NOT PUTTING SOMEONE ABOVE THE LAW....

Sheesh....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 10/08/19 at 09:53:20

Eegore wrote on 10/07/19 at 16:51:02:
'Of course.  However, when you're president, you give up certain things.  And privacy is one of them."

Actually that isn't in writing, thus law, anywhere.

No, it's not, but you'd be hard pressed to not agree with that.

Tax return disclosure is a "custom" not a "requirement".  Personal privacy, and the 4th Amendment still apply to the US President.

Again, true.  But you have to agree that not divulging your taxes is highly unusual in the modern presidency

Just because people want to see the President's financial history doesn't mean they are entitled to it.  

In this case I disagree.  Given trump's business dealings in the last 10 years, I think there is sufficient cause to demand he turn them over.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 16:34:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Show Me Yours

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.