Send Topic Print
Who doesn't love Ann? (Read 167 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Who doesn't love Ann?
Reply #15 - 10/04/19 at 12:33:41

"Then CNN, MSNBC, etc....must not be your cup of tea, either, as they report their opinion, as facts."

Absolutely.  I have stated multiple times before I do not utilize mainstream media and when proposing data to support my points I have never used them.  They are entertainment with a few facts tossed in.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 10/04/19 at 14:30:19

Eegore wrote on 10/04/19 at 12:33:41:
"Then CNN, MSNBC, etc....must not be your cup of tea, either, as they report their opinion, as facts."

Absolutely.  I have stated multiple times before I do not utilize mainstream media and when proposing data to support my points I have never used them.  They are entertainment with a few facts tossed in.

OK...I can agree with that, however, where do you get your points and how did you arrive, at them?

I will let you answer without my "sermon" .... so as to not bias you  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 10/04/19 at 14:47:41

Look....FOX was born out of a void, in news reporting....
They did not create that void.

It was understanding the market, and filling that need.

And the way so many folks rely on polls to affirm them, and bolster their arguments, when those polls favor them, I ask now, why FOX is having way better ratings (similar matrix as polling) than the so called, mainstream medias?

Sure, you can say they are sheep, etc, but in doing so, you just might as well put yourself into that pen, as well......

I think most NEWS outlets have, as egore referred, become mostly entertainment.

Case in point, I saw a article yesterday where it said Obama didn't want Biden in 2016, and this is why Biden didn't run, etc....
However, if you dig a little deeper and see the comment, and context, he never said that as reported.....
(paraphrasing here) He said it would be a historical continuation of his presidency if she was to be elected.....as in, First election to office of a Black man, followed by the first ever woman...
And that statement of his is true...it would have been.
It wasn't, as some report, he didn't want another old white dude....

But again, as evidenced by Trump, he is acting just as all the other players, act, and they only fault the others, for doing it....
The hypocrisy is rampant, and quite frankly, disgusting....
My wish would be to wake the day after the elections to find every incumbent having lost, and that it continues on until the midterm after that, and get rid of them all, AND that the INTERNET and social media renders the "organized" news markets, useless and impotent.....

But I'll be dead by the time this should happen.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 10/04/19 at 14:54:33

Maybe not, here is a story where the journalist did their homework....

If I could only live as long to see this as the norm....  Smiley

The Washington Post awarded “Four Pinocchios” to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Friday, claiming he hadn't told the truth about his knowledge of the whistleblower.

Schiff has played a leading role in investigating the Trump-Ukraine scandal but hasn’t been truthful in the process, according to Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler.

Kessler laid out a compelling, fact-based argument that Schiff wasn’t honest when asked if he had advanced knowledge about the whistleblower’s concerns regarding the now-infamous phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in a series of interviews.

“Schiff’s answers are especially interesting in the wake of reports in The New York Times and The Washington Post that the whistleblower approached a House Intelligence Committee staff member for guidance before filing a complaint with the Intelligence Community inspector general,” Kessler wrote.

Last month, Schiff sat down with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, who asked if he was in contact with the whistleblower, or even if he simply knew their identity.

“I don’t know the identity of the whistleblower … I don’t want to get into any particulars. I want to make sure that there’s nothing that I do that jeopardizes the whistleblower in any way,” Schiff told CNN when asked if the whistleblower has contacted him.

The Post called this answer a “classic dodge” and noted that the CNN host didn’t bother with a follow-up question – which helped Schiff avoid giving a potentially damaging answer.

“He managed not to mislead; he just simply did not answer the question,” Kessler wrote of Schiff.

“Schiff earns Four Pinocchios.”

— Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler
The very next day, Schiff appeared on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” where he seemingly graduated from dodging to lying, the Post says.

“We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower,” Schiff said on MSNBC.

Kessler noted that this is “flat-out false” given information that has since become available.

Trump blasts Schiff as the NYT reports the House Intel chair had prior contact with the whistleblowerVideo
“Unlike the quick two-step dance he performed with Anderson Cooper, Schiff simply says the committee had not spoken to the whistleblower. Now we know that’s not true,” the Post’s fact-checker wrote.

A committee spokesman attempted to defend Schiff in a statement to the Post: “He intended to answer the question of whether the Committee had heard testimony from the whistleblower, which they had not… the whistleblower was then awaiting instructions from the Acting DNI as to how the whistleblower could contact the Committee. Nonetheless, he acknowledges that his statement should have been more carefully phrased to make that distinction clear.”

On Sept. 19, Schiff was at it again, according to the Post, when speaking with reporters at the Capitol.

“In the absence of the actions, and I want to thank the inspector general, in the absence of his actions in coming to our committee, we might not have even known there was a whistleblower complaint alleging an urgent concern,” Schiff said.

The Post’s fact-checker called this “misleading” comment “more dissembling” and noted that “his committee knew that something explosive was going to be filed with the IG.”

Kessler wrote there “are right ways and wrong ways to answer reporters’ questions if a politician wants to maintain his or her credibility” and there is “nothing wrong with dodging a question, as long as you don’t try to mislead.”

But Schiff “clearly made a statement that was false” on MSNBC and “compounded his falsehood” when speaking with reporters at the Capitol, Kessler wrote.

“The explanation that Schiff was not sure it was the same whistleblower especially strains credulity,” Kessler wrote. “Schiff earns Four Pinocchios.”

The Post’s Fact Checker team considered Four Pinocchios to be “whoppers” and most egregious offense outside of the rare “Bottomless Pinocchio.”

Republicans have also decried how Schiff, during a hearing last week, read a "parody" version of Trump’s phone call with Ukraine's president.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #19 - 10/04/19 at 15:33:33

why argue about an op-ed?
opinions are like a holes cept mine don't stink Grin

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 10/04/19 at 15:57:56

thumperclone wrote on 10/04/19 at 15:33:33:
why argue about an op-ed?
opinions are like a holes cept mine don't stink Grin

Nah....you is just use to it  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/07/19 at 06:22:48

raydawg wrote on 10/04/19 at 14:47:41:
Look....FOX was born out of a void, in news reporting....
They did not create that void.

It was understanding the market, and filling that need.

LOL, not even close.  Sorry.

http://www.businessinsider.com/roger-ailes-blueprint-fox-news-2011-6

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 10/07/19 at 06:37:14

If anyone doesn't understand that Fox News supplied a demand, they're a fool.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 10/07/19 at 07:55:05

"OK...I can agree with that, however, where do you get your points and how did you arrive, at them?"

There are a multitude of methods used to gain knowledge and opinion on any topic.  There would be a combination of contributing factors of varying percentages for each topic.

I typically get my points by researching data from what I deem appropriate resources that have references for all information they provide including data collection methods that allow me to replicate their math or procedure to see if I arrive at the same outcome.  

CNN, FOX, MSN etc, rarely do this and as such I would not use them to assess a presented topic and develop an opinion that can be facilitated through data and verifiable source material.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 10/07/19 at 09:10:17

WebsterMark wrote on 10/07/19 at 06:37:14:

Read the letter, mark.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 10/08/19 at 03:16:27

T And T Garage wrote on 10/07/19 at 09:10:17:

Read the letter, mark.

I've heard this argument before. The flaw in your thinking is when the idea is mentioned to put the GOP news on TV is that the current news is nonbiased and not favoring one side. That wasn't true then and it's certainly not now. Fox, Rush Limbaugh and right wing radio filled a gap created by a left leaning news media and entertainment culture. Today we have a situation when a station or TV show can survive and be very profitable by drawing from one side of the political spectrum.

SNL, The Tonight Show, NBC News all get enough viewers to make money the same as Tucker Carlson, Hannity and Rush. There is no mainstream, fair and balanced news or entertainment outlet. That would be impossible anyway.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/08/19 at 10:17:37

WebsterMark wrote on 10/08/19 at 03:16:27:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/07/19 at 09:10:17:

Read the letter, mark.

I've heard this argument before. The flaw in your thinking is when the idea is mentioned to put the GOP news on TV is that the current news is nonbiased and not favoring one side. That wasn't true then and it's certainly not now. Fox, Rush Limbaugh and right wing radio filled a gap created by a left leaning news media and entertainment culture. Today we have a situation when a station or TV show can survive and be very profitable by drawing from one side of the political spectrum.

SNL, The Tonight Show, NBC News all get enough viewers to make money the same as Tucker Carlson, Hannity and Rush. There is no mainstream, fair and balanced news or entertainment outlet. That would be impossible anyway.

And before that there was The Smothers Brothers, Laugh-In, All In The Family and the like.

Unlike today, the news broadcasts in the days of Brinkley and Cronkite actually reported the unbiased truth.  What nixon did was wrong.  What we did in Vietnam was wrong.  The news back then just shined a light.  

Now, for some reason, all's fair.  The major networks only report the mood of either side.  It's all about "people are saying..."  They don't call out the truth.  Like the fact that what trump did with Ukraine was unconstitutional.  Like the fact that his administration is in shambles.  Like the fact that the conservatives are hypocrites when dealing with trump.

But to be clear, it's not as much about party as you want it to be.  In the last 10 years or so, it's been about the hyperbolic rhetoric by the likes of rush, hannity, o'reilly, sharpton, etc.  A lot of it stemmed from the conservatives railing on Obama 24/7.  That, and the rampant hypocrisy that's on full display now with trump as their conservative "saviour".

You can't sit there an lie to yourself about how most everything trump is doing now in terms of his demeanor, twitter, etc. - wouldn't have set you cons aflame had Obama done it.  You can't - but you do.

Christ, his golfing/vacations alone should be enough for the cons to be alarmed.  But again, they're not.  They don't care.  It's party over everything.

SMH

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 10/08/19 at 18:27:56

Unlike today, the news broadcasts in the days of Brinkley and Cronkite actually reported the unbiased truth.

....and people like you are why we have Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. Thank you.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 10/08/19 at 18:40:24

Christ, his golfing/vacations alone should be enough for the cons to be alarmed.  But again, they're not.  They don't care.  It's party over everything.

Again, what you can't seem to get through your head is it was Trump over Hilary in 2016 and it will be Trump over Warren in 2020. It's not party necessarily. Many long time Democratic voters said hell no in 2016 like they'll probably say hell no in 2020.

Listen closely again, people chose Donald f'ing Trump because they loathed Hilary that much. And they will choose him again because they will loathe Warren that much. Face reality. Hilary won over 4.2 million more votes in California than Trump, but he won 1.3 million more votes in the other 49 states. That's where your precious 3 million more votes comes from, entirely in California. Vast, vast stretches of the nations loathes the Democratic Party's Presidential Candidates.

Your candidates and policies are so pathetic, so anti-American, Donald Trump is the President of the United States. You suck that bad.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 10/09/19 at 06:07:58

WebsterMark wrote on 10/08/19 at 18:27:56:
Unlike today, the news broadcasts in the days of Brinkley and Cronkite actually reported the unbiased truth.

....and people like you are why we have Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. Thank you.

LOL, huh?  No, afraid not.  roger ailes and rush are why we have them.

It's the dolts that drink their kool-aid that makes them millionaires.  Look no further than this forum.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 14:22:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Who doesn't love Ann?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.