Stories Are Changing (Read 206 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Stories Are Changing
Reply #30 - 10/04/19 at 08:46:11

WebsterMark wrote on 10/04/19 at 08:35:44:
what does that mean? Seriously, are you a kid?

You honestly don't know?

Again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Well mark, when someone makes that gesture, it means that whatever the situation is, it's as easy to brush aside.  Like "no big deal" or "is that all you got?" or "This is nothing".  So, the way I used it above basically says that "you mean nothing to me".

I think perhaps you should go out with younger people and see exactly what's going on and how small things like this are relevant.

The fact that you don't know what some of these things mean, says a lot.  Further, the fact that you don't want to look them up on your own says even more.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 10/04/19 at 09:05:34

"I think perhaps you should go out with younger people and see exactly what's going on and how small things like this are relevant."

To be fair things like this aren't relevant to many people, and it is much easier to ask a question from the source than to "Google" multiple versions of the same question attempting to match what any one person means.

I would have no reason to spend time researching a topic or gesture or image that has not impacted me negatively or positively in any way if I can just ask what something means.

I Googled "Man making brushing gesture on shoulder" and arrived at this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=man+making+brushing+gesture+on+shoulder&rlz=1...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 10/04/19 at 09:11:51

Eegore wrote on 10/04/19 at 09:05:34:
"I think perhaps you should go out with younger people and see exactly what's going on and how small things like this are relevant."

To be fair things like this aren't relevant to many people, and it is much easier to ask a question from the source than to "Google" multiple versions of the same question attempting to match what any one person means.

I disagree.  Yes, phrases like "throwing shade" and gestures like the one above may be foreign to some, but knowing what they represent is indeed beneficial.  Aren't you a teacher?  If so, don't you think knowing a different vernacular is important?

I would have no reason to spend time researching a topic or gesture or image that has not impacted me negatively or positively in any way.

I Googled "Man making brushing gesture on shoulder" and arrived at this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=man+making+brushing+gesture+on+shoulder&rlz=1...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/04/19 at 09:17:44

I'm talking about the time to commit research to an image of a man making a gesture on his shoulder in comparison to the commitment of time it takes to ask "what does that mean?" from the person who presented the material.

It is typically much faster to ask a direct question of the direct source than it is to research on one's own about a material that has had zero impact prior.   In this case especially because it is not a word that can be easily looked up from a dedicated reference source like a dictionary.

I'm not saying the knowledge is not beneficial, I am saying it is faster to ask than it is to research.

Why would I, or Webstermark take the less efficient route?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 10/04/19 at 09:26:18

Eegore wrote on 10/04/19 at 09:17:44:
 I'm talking about the time to commit research to an image of a man making a gesture on his shoulder in comparison to the commitment of time it takes to ask "what does that mean?" from the person who presented the material.

Understood Eegore.  I'm sure it took you less time to look it up rather than waiting for someone on here to tell you, correct?  Just 3 lines down from your search was "brush your shoulders off - Urban Dictionary" which explained it perfectly.

The point I was making was that the only reason mark asked me was because he wants to continue the confrontation.

It is typically much faster to ask a direct question of the direct source than it is to research on one's own about a material that has had zero impact prior.   In this case especially because it is not a word that can be easily looked up from a dedicated reference source like a dictionary.

That would be true in a face to face conversation.  But on a board such as this, you can't rely on people being on all the time and to answer in a timely fashion.  Further, as I pointed out, your search revealed the definition quickly.  That, and the context of how I presented the pic - well, suffice it to say that it'd be pretty hard not to know what i was inferring.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #35 - 10/04/19 at 09:48:35

T And T Garage wrote on 10/04/19 at 09:26:18:
it'd be pretty hard not to know what i was inferring.

Yea, you would be correct in that,
Just the same as a 'reporter', inferring, 'Guns Are Bad' !

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 10/04/19 at 09:52:39

The point I was making was that the only reason mark asked me was because he wants to continue the confrontation.

Confrontation? I thought it was humorous banter.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 10/05/19 at 05:21:52

So the "whistleblower" did not tell the Inspector General they had already spoken (coordinated?) their story with the Democrats on the committee. And the Democrats are protesting the proposal to release the full transcript of Volker's testimony which internal sources have said military aid was never mentioned as a carrot for investigating Biden.

As I said, much like the Blasey-Ford debacle, another fabricated story was grabbed by the Democratics who then piled lie upon lie to try and turn it into something.

This is TDS in action. Politicians survive (particularly true of national Democrats who have a willing national media behind them) by knowing how to manipulate the public but in the case of Trump, TDS has blinded them to reality and they're continually jumping the shark.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #38 - 10/05/19 at 05:46:52

Like treasure hunters,
Today's the DAY!
It's gonna happen!
We got him NOW!
Over and Frikken OVER, outraged, spitting and fuming, over Bullshit lies.
How's that Kavanaugh impeachment going?
That corrupt prosecutor that Biden got fired? Haven't heard the last of him. He was going after corruption.
One part of me kinda wants the lefties to get everything they want, just so I can see what they do with the mess they made.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #39 - 10/05/19 at 08:29:31

Well look, the title is correct.......

We are now on our what.....how many, this is it, stories...????

I wonder why they just don't try and win voters votes, the old fashion way, tell me what you are going to do to make our lives better....  Huh Huh Huh

Well, what will the next BIG BOMBSHELL be ....????

That Trump has small hands?

I know one member here, likes that story  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #40 - 10/05/19 at 09:41:18

raydawg wrote on 10/05/19 at 08:29:31:
I wonder why they just don't try and win voters votes, the old fashion way, tell me what you are going to do to make our lives better....  Huh Huh Huh

Yeah,.. instead of strong-arming Ukraine, China, and Italy to make up dirt about his opponents...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #41 - 10/05/19 at 11:49:58

I am not sure I follow you....do you mean in dirt, like the kind Schiff got played with, or the one he mentioned, in his lying, not parody, in his opening remarks as committee leader?

No, as many have said here, Trump is not a angel, nor above law, or above critique....

However, if YOU, had been true to your OWN testimony, and disclosure, you'd not be saddled with this angst, presently, as you would have moved, out of the country.....  
So, in effect, its on you, you might try owning that, instead of wasting energy on stuff where you have no control......

Just a suggestion mind you, I have absolutely no expectation, tied to this advice   Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #42 - 10/05/19 at 13:13:43

raydawg wrote on 10/05/19 at 11:49:58:

So, in effect, its on you, you might try owning that, instead of wasting energy on stuff where you have no control......

Just a suggestion mind you, I have absolutely no expectation, tied to this advice   Grin

You spend far more time here than I do...
...and are far more long winded.
Funny your finger points outward.
Is your energy not wasted?... you believe you have more control?
The TT is only one boat.... we're all in it.

...and I'm the babysitter,.. I have to at least check in.  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #43 - 10/05/19 at 14:46:47

Whatever......

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/01/24 at 07:19:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Stories Are Changing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.