Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
And the winner is........ (Read 29 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
And the winner is........
09/27/19 at 14:13:47

Mike Pence and Liz Warren  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think it will all come down to a persons interpretation of what a favor is....

Like when Obama told the Russians to wait until he got reelected, he would then have more leeway in dealing with them.

SEOUL (Reuters) - President Barack Obama was caught on camera on Monday assuring outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev that he will have “more flexibility” to deal with contentious issues like missile defense after the U.S. presidential election.

U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in a bilateral meeting before they both attend the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit later today in Seoul, South Korea, March 26, 2012. REUTERS/Larry Downing
Obama, during talks in Seoul, urged Moscow to give him “space” until after the November ballot, and Medvedev said he would relay the message to incoming Russian president Vladimir Putin.

The unusually frank exchange came as Obama and Medvedev huddled together on the eve of a global nuclear security summit in the South Korean capital, unaware their words were being picked up by microphones as reporters were led into the room.

Another one of the meaning of IS.....IS things... Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: And the winner is........
Reply #1 - 09/27/19 at 15:00:03

raydawg wrote on 09/27/19 at 14:13:47:
Mike Pence and Liz Warren  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think it will all come down to a persons interpretation of what a favor is....

Like when Obama told the Russians to wait until he got reelected, he would then have more leeway in dealing with them.

SEOUL (Reuters) - President Barack Obama was caught on camera on Monday assuring outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev that he will have “more flexibility” to deal with contentious issues like missile defense after the U.S. presidential election.

U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in a bilateral meeting before they both attend the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit later today in Seoul, South Korea, March 26, 2012. REUTERS/Larry Downing
Obama, during talks in Seoul, urged Moscow to give him “space” until after the November ballot, and Medvedev said he would relay the message to incoming Russian president Vladimir Putin.

The unusually frank exchange came as Obama and Medvedev huddled together on the eve of a global nuclear security summit in the South Korean capital, unaware their words were being picked up by microphones as reporters were led into the room.

Another one of the meaning of IS.....IS things... Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, not even close, but nice try.
Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/27/19 at 15:44:31

So you are saying Obama wasn't asking a favor, of a foreign leader,  and that favor, didn't take into consideration, the upcoming election?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/27/19 at 15:59:40

I think Obama was saying he would have more flexibility  after the election because he would then know the balance of the congress.
He wasn't trying to get an investigation into rival for his office.
Which would be an illegal campaign contribution, and holding back aid makes it blackmail.  (Which is used as leverage in negotiations for the advantage of America,... but it's not okay to do it for your own personal advantage).

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/27/19 at 17:11:43

I could see that, but the word space seems to be requesting a little more, as in don't make me do something now, that would not be beneficial to my reelection.....????

We could say, tho knowing Trump, not likely, he could of been asking about Biden to clear it all up, so it would not be a issue, in the elections, if they came back with nothing.....

Trump did not ask him to find dirt, like Hillary, did with the Steele Dossier.

Yeah, I don't like Trump doing this at all, but it doesn't surprise me, the man has no filters, however, I feel if we go down this path, on this charge, we are going into thought policing and this will never end, as it will be used more than a hiding a hummer...... to get a political figure, or divert political actions on any given subject/policy.  

I think folks should really consider the future possibilities, if this anonymous accusations, must always bring about investigations, making folks prove their innocents, first.....seems to be ripe for misuse.  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 09/27/19 at 17:26:26

raydawg wrote on 09/27/19 at 17:11:43:
"... making folks prove their innocents, first.....seems to be ripe for misuse.  

Just practice for, 'Red Laws' !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:22:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › And the winner is........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.