Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone used an Emgo shorty? (Read 66 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Has anyone used an Emgo shorty?
09/27/19 at 11:56:09

I lost my muffler. Has anyone used the Emgo shorty? If so did it work well and was it too loud? Any other recommendations for an inexpensive muffler?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Has anyone used an Emgo shorty?
Reply #1 - 09/27/19 at 13:33:05

I have a dyna (it is the one with the screw mounts) that you can have for shipping.  It is this kind (sample image) that requires you make an adapter with a small piece of strapping because the holes in the muffler are about 1.5" too far forward of the suzuki holes.

Yes, the one I am offering up is scratched where it flew off my bike (I bought two and used the undamaged one on my final fitment) and it also has the CAT in it, but I have never had any issues or blueing at the CAT on mine in ~5 years.

I can get pics this weekend if interested.

dyna.PNG

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 09/27/19 at 14:49:11

Stew, that sounds pretty good to me if you're sure you want to get rid of it. Cause at 5 years I'm guessing the other one will not last much longer. My original HD muffler only lasted around 16-18K miles.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 09/27/19 at 15:56:44

Stew , not to knock you out of a sale , but just to ansure a question ...

SpringMan

I'm using a 12" shorty.   The thing is you need to put a DB Killer in each end of it or there will be way too much noise.  
So.
One end has 1.75" ID and the other has 1.5" ID .   Order one of each when you order your muffler, and throw away that little piece of  $#!&  that comes with the new muffler.

Something really good about using the 12" Shorty is the weight .  They weigh next to nothing and 2 DB killers don't add too much.
The factory muffler hanger will keep you from loosing the next one ... that muffler clamp by itself will never be enough.  You know you are liable for any pieces that fly off your machine ...  Lips Sealed

I'll post a few pictures for ya.
« Last Edit: 09/27/19 at 18:38:19 by MMRanch »  

Shorty_Muffler_2.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 09/27/19 at 16:02:35

DB killers

When you install one of these in each end , be sure to add an extra nut to the mounting bolt so the mounting bolt is "LOCKED" and can not rattle loose !
It may be a little tricky to put the extra locking nut in place , but "DO IT" just to be extra safe .  Wink

Doin't forget to  put an extra locking nut on the stopper in the end of the DB killer too.   That would be a shame to have to remove it just to fix a missing stopper in the end of the tube thingie !  Wink

So one of these in each end with the open air space in the big part of the muffler makes just a little more noise than the factory muffler did , but weighs less than half as much .   Smiley

DB_killer.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 09/27/19 at 16:20:03

I like the looks of the muffler that Lancer has on his bike .    If I get into re-doing my exhaust I'm giving one like this a try ! Smiley

shortyMuffler_001.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 09/27/19 at 16:56:32

I just had a thought :

if I had used one of these longer DB killers on the engine end of the muffler then maybe mine might not have turned blue on that end ... but I'm sure it would have been a little louder .  Smiley

long_db_killer.jpg

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 09/27/19 at 18:26:23

Thanks MM. If Stew decides to keep the HD muffler I'll probably go with your suggestion. In the meantime I guess I will put the original muffler back on so I can ride.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #8 - 09/30/19 at 07:50:03

Sorry for the late reply...busy weekend.  Mine isn't a sale, just up for the price of shipping. I won't ever use it...if I need another one I can probably source another around here somewhere.

Let me pull it out of the shop and get a few pics for you and see if you want it.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 09/30/19 at 09:10:55

Thanks Stew, I really appreciate the offer. I guess I updated the other thread. I still had my previous HD muffler and I repacked it and remounted it this weekend. So just hold on to the one you have in case you or someone else needs it in the future. Again, thanks so much for the offer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 19:59:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Has anyone used an Emgo shorty?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.