Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Top speed run and a massive oil leak! (Read 43 times)
phatts27
YaBB Newbies

anyone on here play
forza 4?

clementon nj
Top speed run and a massive oil leak!
09/24/19 at 10:52:25

Not really a question perse... but thought id share this anyway. On the highway the other day, I rode flat out for a while and got the 5 speed 06 up to 92mph (for research purposes of course). Upon arriving at my destination I found that the right side of the bike was covered in oil (including the rear tire)! HOLY MOLY!!!! I have a cone air filter but I left the stock airbox mostly intact so the side panels have a mounting point. As it turns out, the remnant of stock airbox had a pool of old oil and crud built up in it. I opened up the ol' drainage tube to drain out said oil, cleaned that pig up, and rode like a grandma home.

The right of the bike was covered again! As it turns out, theres another lil plug next to that drainage tube that let out a whole new mess of old oil when opened. Finally, I pulled apart the airbox, removed the stock airfilter, and towel cleaned the inside of the box. No more leaks! On a side note, the foot peg bolts werent as tight as they should be so I snugged them up and got rid of a slow seep that ran down my kickstand. No more leaks! Finally I cleaned her up again. The baked on oil on my muffler was a sinch to get off. I just used vinager and crushed up aluminum foil as a scouring pad. Lookin good! Heres to keeping the top side up!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 06:34:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Top speed run and a massive oil leak!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.