Send Topic Print
Feel free (Read 55 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Feel free
09/20/19 at 18:34:18

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Feel free
Reply #1 - 09/20/19 at 20:42:55

Criminals will not follow new laws.  Laws are not enacted with the intent of criminals following them which is why we have Prosecuting Attorneys.  Its like saying we shouldn't have laws against child abuse because those laws don't stop criminals from abusing children.  Lets just get rid of them, or at a minimum not update them to match modern crime methods right?

Red Flag laws have already made us safer.  If one child does not kill himself or another person because no gun was present they are safer.  It may be an infringement on certain rights, but the reduction of weapons in public circulation is safer.

Restricting law abiding citizens reduces availability of weapons to some people, not many but some.  Red flag laws also do this.  

So yeah some new laws will make some safer.  Not all, but they do not claim that anyway.  

« Last Edit: 09/21/19 at 00:07:59 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/21/19 at 05:25:42

All true Eegore but the issue always comes down to government over-reach particularly in this day and age where the MSM and entertainment culture basically directs the legislative actions of the Democratic Party.

Red Laws WILL be used to target those with a different political ideology. That's a certainty. Anyone expressing support for a cause that happens to catch the eye of certain influencers will immediately bring that person under scrutiny regardless of any facts. Imagine someone who marches in opposition to removing Civil War statues and monuments. They are immediately moved into the racist box and from there to the future killer box. That's how it will work.

No thank you.

Besides, as I always say, if you want safety above all else, remove the 4th Amendment and let Government into every single aspect of everyone's lives. Crime would all but disappear.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/21/19 at 07:46:22

I think it's possible to have some Red Laws that work.

For instance most women who are murdered in domestic violence situations are by firearm right after she leaves.  That's a well known issue and I feel red laws could work, but as always they can be abused like any law ever.

Another is suicide/homicide by firearm right after release from jail.  I think laws removing possession of firearms for that period could help.  Its unclear however if other methods will be used but psychology suggests it is less likely one will follow-through when steps of acquisition increase.

People, especially youth that post most aspects of their daily activities online through social media can often leave information leading up to a crime.  This isn't just mass-shootings, this is also stalking, assault etc.  I equate this to driving to meet a child for sexual activity: One doesn't need to commit the act to have committed a crime.  

Admittedly there is a ton of grey area.  We have the technology now to assess accurate patterns of criminal behavior, but no clear ways to enforce them.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/21/19 at 08:41:50

HUH......?????  Laws are not enacted with the intent of criminals following them

If that is not the intent, then it must be non criminals, its intended for, so turning in their guns will, by your admission, leave the guns in the hands of criminals who, after using them can be prosecuted......

Is the way it works.......

That is BAT SHEET CRAZY  sorry, its the first thing that popped into my teenie tiny brain  Grin  

Maybe its time we infringe on the rights of those who seem to cause the problems, a little more forcefully.....more proactive.

I heard the guy who shot up Parkland had been in trouble over 45 times with the law, yet was able to just mingle with the nonthreatening students, etc....

We need to get to these folks BEFORE they get to that point.....
Look at all the possible clues, look, if a Bible carried on campus by a teacher, has the ability to influence others, then my goodness, then what does some of these other things on social media, music, movies, etc, have the ability to influence?

Evil has always been available to anyone in a free society, even my GOD won't intervene, into its ability to persuaded by physically removing it....which I believe HE does have the power to do so, for then He would be in conflict with himself, after creating us with freewill.....

Its like a cancer....the sooner we catch it, the better the chance to remedy it.

Folks (most) that act out in such overt displays are crying out for attention, need, a deficit in their lives.....

We can all do better in trying to hear them.....  

We don't need more laws for that, no, we need more caring, more empathy, less selfishness, in a capitalist world.   

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 09/21/19 at 13:04:50

Eegore wrote on 09/21/19 at 07:46:22:
   I think it's possible to have some Red Laws that work.  

It, MAY, be possible, Only if someone knowledgeable, and Honest, writes the 'red' law. And someone Honest, enforces it.

Or it will be just as WM Said: "...Red Laws WILL be used to target those with a different political ideology. That's a certainty. Anyone expressing support for a cause that happens to catch the eye of certain influences will immediately bring that person under scrutiny regardless of any facts. ..."  

Exactly the same as the first draft of the law that Clinton enacted when he BANNED a certain Gun.
The first draft, BANNED ALL semi-Autos, which included handguns.
And, BANNED any shotgun which has more than one bbl, and only one trigger.
(That would be, ALL  O/U & Side by Side's that had One Trigger)

Gee ya think Clinton did not know the person/s directed to write that,  were Not, Anti-Gun. And they have no intention of, 'saving lives'.

Lucky the G.O.A., and the N.R.A. caught that, before it was passed.

Gun-Banners, Love 'red' laws. Especially when they can get in and write/influence them, so that ANYBODY, (Like the neighbor sleeping in on a Sunday morning, after a late night out on Sat. And you start up the lawn mower at 10:00 AM. He can call the Sheriff and say, 'I Saw  So and So, doing ... ... ... ... !)

Again, a 'Red' Law, can be well written, and they can work.
Just that the Gun-Banners will do everything they can do,
to see that does not happen.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/21/19 at 16:08:02

Yeah, he should not be allowed to have guns.
Why?
He's crazy.
He believes in the second amendment.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/21/19 at 21:19:25

"If that is not the intent, then it must be non criminals, its intended for, so turning in their guns will, by your admission, leave the guns in the hands of criminals who, after using them can be prosecuted...…"

That is very incorrect.

Law is enacted to provide a consequence for action.

Is it that hard to understand that Murder is Illegal so there is a consequence for people who kill others?  The law is not enacted solely to prevent murder.

Child abuse law is not enacted to punish people who do not abuse children.  

The idea that gun laws are enacted so criminals follow gun law is as ridiculous as saying child abuse law exists to stop child abusers from raping kids.

Since criminals wont follow gun laws, lets not have them.

Since pedophiles wont follow child abuse laws, lets not have them.

It's a poor argument.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/22/19 at 10:03:01

Eegore wrote on 09/21/19 at 21:19:25:
"If that is not the intent, then it must be non criminals, its intended for, so turning in their guns will, by your admission, leave the guns in the hands of criminals who, after using them can be prosecuted...…"

That is very incorrect.

Law is enacted to provide a consequence for action.

Is it that hard to understand that Murder is Illegal so there is a consequence for people who kill others?  The law is not enacted solely to prevent murder.

Child abuse law is not enacted to punish people who do not abuse children.  

The idea that gun laws are enacted so criminals follow gun law is as ridiculous as saying child abuse law exists to stop child abusers from raping kids.

Since criminals wont follow gun laws, lets not have them.

Since pedophiles wont follow child abuse laws, lets not have them.

It's a poor argument.  

Eegore for the win.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 09/22/19 at 14:19:01

Red Laws, are not enacted, to save lives.

Red Laws, are enacted, to punish people who do not abuse Firearms.

Red Laws, are enacted, to punish people who, 'Just Might', abuse Firearms. Biased on, 'What Someone Said'. !

It is possible to create a 'Red' law,
which is Fair and Just.

Just as it is possible to win the Mega-Lotto,
three times in a row.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 20:06:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Feel free

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.