HEY FRANCIS.....(Web) (Read 83 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
HEY FRANCIS.....(Web)
09/20/19 at 09:17:45

Read this article this morning, it made me think of you, because of that referencing....  Smiley

Trump and Me: Why Latinos Want Results, Not Fine Talk

By Steve Cortes September 20, 2019

My interaction with President Trump at his Monday night rally in New Mexico generated national headlines as mainstream media tried, once again, to smear the president as racist. Before Trump’s speech, I addressed that same Rio Rancho audience and told of my first visit to the Oval Office shortly after Trump was sworn in as commander-in-chief. As I walked into that hallowed room, I thought of my deceased immigrant father and hoped he could see that his son had become a confidant of the president of his adopted homeland, the United States. The first thing the newly inaugurated president mentioned to me: “Steve, what can I do for Hispanic Americans?”

I responded that small business represented the most immediate opportunity. While a thriving small business sector of course benefits Americans of every color and creed, Hispanics benefit disproportionately because we are, statistically, by far the most entrepreneurial demographic in America. Indeed, a primary driver of surging Latino wages in our country emanates from the renaissance in small business spurred by the badly needed tax and regulatory relief of the Trump economic boom.

But instead of focusing on the clear and measurable improvements Hispanics enjoy under the leadership of President Trump, media figures chose instead to focus on his comments to me from the rally podium and, per usual, twisted his words to fit their biased, predetermined narratives. First, the president teased me, as he had done several times privately before, that I look too WASP-like to be Hispanic. So-called journalists erupted with condemnation, consistent with their commitment to outrage culture. To these critics, I channel Sgt. Hulka from the movie “Stripes” and advise them to “lighten up, Francis.” The president was clearly roasting me, poking fun that I normally dress like an old-school New York banker. All in good fun, and the nattering ninnies do not get to claim outrage on my behalf.

Trump then remarked about how much I love Hispanics and asked me, admittedly in awkward fashion, if I loved Hispanics or America more. It was clear in context that he meant to highlight that I love both so much, I would be hard-pressed to pick. But, again, the humorless media critics howled with indignation, completely missing the point of the president’s remarks.

I did, in fact, answer his question that night in New Mexico. Of course, I love America more, as should any citizen who can rightly cherish their particular ethnicity but still cling most forcefully to the common bonds of American nationalism. Such dual truths represent the heart of “E Pluribus Unum.”

In the case of Hispanic citizens, the data reveal that this president’s policies create the conditions for previously unattainable prosperity and security for our communities. In fact, the Washington Post recently detailed the incredible explosion of jobs for minorities. In total, of the 5.2 million new jobs created since the end of 2016, an astounding 4.5 million of them went to Americans of color. Moreover, minorities are not just finding new jobs, but also better paying ones, as Hispanic incomes have surged 8% since Trump’s election. As I often state on air, if President Trump is a racist, he’s remarkably bad at it!

In my Tuesday night discussion with my CNN colleague Chris Cuomo, he resuscitated a familiar media smear of the president: that he somehow disrespects Latinos by talking and acting tough on the border. But of course, illegal migration is not a racial issue at all, it’s a legal one. The United States has dozens of legal processes through which foreigners can apply for citizenship. Ignoring those rules and trespassing across our border is not only irresponsible, it’s also morally wrong and — more importantly — it’s against the law. Calling people racists for believing that this country should enforce its reasonable laws is ludicrous and dangerous.

Contrary to the assumptions of liberal media, Hispanic Americans actually appreciate the president’s fight to stop illegal immigration. Ensconced elitist media liberals wrongly assume that Hispanics espouse softness on immigration illegality.  In reality, a 2018 YouGov/Economist poll detailed that only 20% of Hispanics support the practice of “catch and release” of families crossing our border illegally. Indeed, Hispanic Americans often suffer the worst, most immediate consequences of porous borders.  Too often, Hispanic workers must compete against unfair, illegal labor.  In addition, dangerous illegal aliens largely terrorize Hispanic citizens. The tragic tales of MS-13 savagery, for example, normally involve Hispanic victims such as Carlos Rivas-Majano, one of 27 people killed by the gang on Long Island, N.Y., in just the past three years.

While elites like wannabe-Hispanic Robert Francis O’Rourke pontificate about open borders and tearing down existing border walls, the actual on-the-ground consequences flow to people with names like Hernandez, Cabrera, and Cortes. Hispanic Americans have suffered too many totally preventable losses, such as Arizona police Sgt. Brandon Mendoza and young Los Angeles mother Sandra Duran, both killed by illegal aliens living in America despite multiple prior arrests in the United States.    

Nonetheless, as my TV interview demonstrated, the mainstream media remains obsessed with finding nefarious hidden meanings behind virtually all of the president’s words and actions. But Hispanic Americans care about kitchen table issues, not politically motivated cries of “racism.” We do not need politicians who speak delicately yet fail to deliver tangible results. We care about the safety and prosperity that President Trump has delivered and we will use the ballot box in 2020 to ensure more to come.

Steve Cortes is a contributor to RealClearPolitics and a CNN  political commentator. His Twitter handle is @CortesSteve.

I remember sharing here, about how my daughter married into a large Hispanic family in California, and how they were overwhelmingly supporting Trump in 2016.
Fact was, I was the oddball, because I wasn't, and it generated much conversation while visiting them  Grin

I was told by the know it all whiteys here, that my sampling, first hand experience, meant nothing.....  yada,yada, yada.....

I guess they were assuming (isn't that so clever, how I done that  Cheesy )

Its odd how a minority is told by those of a different race, ethnicity, etc, that because they believe not the same as them, that they are then not a true member of that so called protected race/group... that only they care about and can fix them.

Weird.... sorta like how some Christians say Pete Buttigieg can NOT be a real Christian because he is Gay......

I have searched in the Bible, and no where can I find any reference to me being the one who decides the fate of others.....

Maybe its just folk who think they are the center of the universe, and that their own chosen beliefs and views, are gospel, and anyone else with a differing or opposing view is either heathen, or the infidel..... Huh Huh Huh

Anyway....hope the commentary by Cortes gives you a chuckle, keeping it all in perspective.....

Enjoying it for its humorous underpinnings   Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: HEY FRANCIS.....(Web)
Reply #1 - 09/20/19 at 12:57:56

Nobody tells minority groups how to vote or what to think,... it's just a fact that most don't like Trump,... and it's getting to be less every day.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/28/hispanic-voters-support-for-...
Hispanic voters' support for Trump drops in 10 states

I guess some don't like being called murderers and rapists and gang members, or really really bad people.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/20/19 at 13:21:27

And then there is this:

https://spectator.org/why-trumps-approval-ratings-are-up-among-minorities/

And then there are the ones calling out Hillary's destiny.......

And some, never moved, as promise  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You can go find a poll to make you feel good, or you can go live life, talking, engaging, living...it, with real people daily, and form your opinions based on your OWN experiences....

That is the gist of my post, sorry you missed it  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/20/19 at 15:37:27

raydawg wrote on 09/20/19 at 13:21:27:

I clicked on the link to the Zogby poll... then to Zogby's methodology...
"This is the understatement of the decade if Zogby’s numbers about African American voters are accurate"
Here's the link...
Please click here for the U.S. voters methodology statement.
Interesting methodology... Grin Grin Grin
https://zogbyanalytics.com/images/za081519/ZA-Interactive-Methodology-Voters-...

It's a blank page!...  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/21/19 at 05:28:24

Serowbot wrote on 09/20/19 at 12:57:56:
Nobody tells minority groups how to vote or what to think,... .

Oh good God man....where have you been?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 09/21/19 at 08:44:00

WebsterMark wrote on 09/21/19 at 05:28:24:
Serowbot wrote on 09/20/19 at 12:57:56:
Nobody tells minority groups how to vote or what to think,... .

Gee....a perfect example of A.I. eh Web?   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 09/21/19 at 09:18:46

I've been in a town 70 miles from the Mexico border that's near half Hispanic.
Where have you been?...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 09/21/19 at 09:43:18

Serowbot wrote on 09/21/19 at 09:18:46:

I've been in a town 70 miles from the Mexico border that's near half Hispanic.
Where have you been?...  

Oh, oh.....they ALL live there, and they ALL, think alike.....

So, er, BIG of you dude.......

My family, you know, those brown ones, will be crushed by this news.....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You know my wife's mothers maiden name is Guerra, and she was raised in Arizona, but you know better, at pigeon-holing folk....  Grin Grin Grin Grin  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 09/21/19 at 10:26:49

Putting words in my mouth so that you can criticize them is idiotic.
I fully accept that some minority of Hispanics can be as stupid as you and support an idiot like Trump.

"Oh, oh.....they ALL live there, and they ALL, think alike....."
Never said anything like that...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 09/21/19 at 10:40:12

Serowbot wrote on 09/21/19 at 10:26:49:
Putting words in my mouth so that you can criticize them is idiotic.
I fully accept that some minority of Hispanics can be as stupid as you and support an idiot like Trump.

"Oh, oh.....they ALL live there, and they ALL, think alike....."
Never said anything like that...

Stupid...name calling, nice.

Will you move this time if Trump wins?

Show you have integrity....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 09/21/19 at 10:59:00

Do you think I won't be on this site if I move?...
Europe does have internet.
Sorry to crush your dreams.

..and,.. Trump will lose.
This time by even more than 3 million votes.
Sorry again, to crush your dreams.

Not really sorry...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 09/21/19 at 11:35:33

Serowbot wrote on 09/21/19 at 09:18:46:
I've been in a town 70 miles from the Mexico border that's near half Hispanic.  Where have you been?...  

I go to a town that is 45 miles from the border, 2-4 times a year.
Many Hispanic's. Probably 7/8's in the Summer.
5/8 - 3/4 in the winter.

Most of them are Citizens of the USA,
and abhor the ILLEGALS.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 09/21/19 at 12:10:49

Serowbot wrote on 09/21/19 at 10:59:00:
Do you think I won't be on this site if I move?...
Europe does have internet.
Sorry to crush your dreams.

..and,.. Trump will lose.
This time by even more than 3 million votes.
Sorry again, to crush your dreams.

Not really sorry...  

He WON......get over it.

STOP deluding yourself, it changes nothing......

Just like how here in Washington the republican won the vote count the first 2 tries....the libs kept demanding another recount, as more votes showed up, then lo and behold, they had enough votes to win now, and they refused any challenges to that count....

Ballot harvesting in california..... sure tang bubba.

Tave you ever been to Pearce Arizona?

That is where my wife's mother was born.
This store in the attached link, was where she went to get stuff.
She recalls it/her having the very first ice cream there, before refrigerators  Shocked
Her dad owned the towns bar.
He was 56 when she was born, last of 16 children.
Her mother was 13 when he married her, he was already 40.....

Mexicans.....LOL!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearce,_Arizona

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 09/21/19 at 13:10:26

Looking at GoogleMaps,... I have apparently gone past Pearce, several times at 70mph and never noticed it....

Here's the thing I notice with personal experience.
Whenever I hear a Right-winger relate some personal observation,... it tends to be contrary to current polls and statistics.
Whenever Lefty's relate personal experience, it tends to match statistical reality.

e.g.,... It's a known fact that Trump did not do well with the minority vote.
Trump got only 29% of the Hispanic vote, and 8% of the black vote.
That's a lean to the Left of 2 to 1 for Hispanics.  10 to 1 for blacks.
My experience here in Tucson matches that reality.
Hispanics I know vote Democrat and hate Trump...
They don't like his actions on the border, and his racist rhetoric.
When your perceived reality matches statistical realty,... you can assume that you are generally associated with a broad cross-section of culture.
When your perceived reality looks nothing like reality, you can assume you are in a statistical anomaly.
In parts of Texas and in the south, that doesn't surprise me.
In the more liberal PNW,.. it seems odd.
Trump lost Oregon by 10 points...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 09/21/19 at 13:47:34

Polls and numbers can be tweaked depending on the needed outcome....
Case in point, look how many articles and narratives predicting global doom decades ago have yet to be acknowledged that all the energy that went into that prediction was false?

If a person cites their own personal observation, who can say otherwise, you can't, as you were not privy, or a eye witness to that event.....
You are basing it on your own perceptions, not firsthand knowledge.

We ALL to that, its called prejudice based on our own experiences, and trust invested in testimony of others....who we WANT to believe, because it affirms us.

Tell me, who wants to be wrong?

No one.

But this is when we need to be intellectually honest, and this is where I find the liberals being disingenuous, as they use tactics like politico correctness, to stymie dialogue, race baiting, name calling, etc....

To say anybody of the same race, creed, gender, etc, all do, or have to, conform to one idea, belief, etc, is wrong, it sets up a preconceived notion, bias, or prejudice that starts dialogue at a disadvantage, and is NOT being honest to begin with.....

I think this factor is one of the biggest faults with social media, it lets people hide behind a facade, like a used car salesman telling the car was only driven by a little old lady in Pasadena to church on Sundays....    

Is he being honest.....???

We don't know, unless WE gather the facts and evidence ourselves then decide and act accordingly....

WHEW.....I'm going back to mowing the lawns, its easier  Grin Grin Grin Grin  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 15:34:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › HEY FRANCIS.....(Web)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.