Civilization..... (Read 12 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Civilization.....
09/19/19 at 16:24:24

I was thinking how many folks in a civilized society, appear to choose a dividing line, among members of that shared society, based of personal needs, observations, beliefs.....without much regard to their own duplicitous actions, which only fuels and widens, that divide instead of trying to lessen it, by finding solutions, compromise, and in general, extending to others what we demand for ourselves.....

I will use these topical issue, that are in the forefront of this divide, in the political and social arena, we see being pushed daily into our lives, by others, for their own personal cause(s).

They are, abortion, and gun rights.......

I don't think I need to point out those parties pushing, defending, or attacking, either of these topics....do I?

Look at both of them......

Can you see any similarities?

How about this one......

Both of these issues deal with, in one way, or another, death......

Are these the best issues, ones worthy of that divide, that a civilized society can place so much time, energy, and resources that might be better utilized in saving lives, so they might have opportunities to their pursuit of happiness?

Maybe the mentality of: OH YEAH....BUT YOUR MAMMA IS UGLIER THAN MY MAMMA...... is all they can muster, because looking into ones own failed reasoning and culpability is just a little too scary.....????

OR..........

Maybe, both of your mama's, are the same, UGLY  Huh  

It takes much of a person to ultimately conquer their own shortcomings, to rise to the top of civility......and even a greater effort, for the whole society.....

But a race to the bottom, takes not much effort at all.....
For without lift of spirit, gravity will always win, pulling everyone to crash in a heap.......      

Think about it.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 06:21:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Civilization.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.