Send Topic Print
9/11 (Read 27 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

9/11
09/11/19 at 05:12:22

I was in an area of Washington state  referred to as the Tri-Cities.  My wife called me at the hotel and asked me if I had the news on. I flipped it on but couldn’t get a good picture in my room so I went out into the lobby and there were quite a few people gathered around a large screen.  I woke up the two other gentleman I was traveling with and we gather in one guy’s room and watched the towers fall down.   The news started relaying reports about razor knives and box cutters being used and we all looked in our bags which were full of knives and things like that. We regularly took them on trips like this because we needed them on the jobs we were doing.

When we heard all the flights were canceled and our meeting was also canceled we drove about 3 1/2 hours back to Boise Idaho where we ended up spending the next 5 or 6 days waiting for a flight home.  It was going to be quite a few more days so we decided to drive the 25 hours back St. Louis.

I remember the night of the 11th we went to a bar in Boise for dinner and when Bush’s speech came on, the entire place got quiet and everyone gathered around the TVs. Even the cooks came out. Nobody said a word. When his speech was over somebody started a USA chant.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 9/11
Reply #1 - 09/11/19 at 07:30:37

I was in DC conducting drills.  We got an All-Stop announcement and as we were heading into the primary Physical Training Facility I noticed nobody went to the locker rooms, they were all gathered around TVs.  

I went outside to make sure equipment was accounted for since nobody was doing their job and saw two F-16's cutting across the sky and thought "Well they are running Air Cover over Washington, this is the real deal."  I spent the rest of the day closing down our program and catching updates as they were released.

The next day we were scheduled for Israel.  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/11/19 at 08:04:09

I had my plumbing business going in SoCal, back when I lived there.
Woke, whet downstairs to get coffee and turn on the TV when that use to have value in watching it.

I didn't understand what I was seeing......?????  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I was watching as the second plane hit the second tower in NYC.

It was surreal......

My mind could just not really grasp what I was watching.

Never opened the shop that day, as I was glued to the TV.

What I find odd now, is that some folks seem glued to it for hours, upon hours, every day, like that.....now, in this 24/7 cable news stuff.....

No wonder we have so many crazy people out there, I would have to snuff myself before I could endure such torture...it must kill healthy brain cells.....

Another thing I find troubling is that we are having a hard time supporting those who suffered years later, from complications, mental and physical, from the effects of having been involved in the very sad event.......

I think we will witness something else like this again, but more in a biological sense. Can you imagine introducing some form of contamination into the homeless populations that plagues our big cities......????

It's ripe folks, when you see historically, what such a events led to, today's populations has even a greater capacity to deliver more catastrophic outcomes.....

But hey, lets impeach Trump, go green, and it will be all well with our souls  Huh      

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 09/11/19 at 08:06:15

Eegore wrote on 09/11/19 at 07:30:37:
 I was in DC conducting drills.  We got an All-Stop announcement and as we were heading into the primary Physical Training Facility I noticed nobody went to the locker rooms, they were all gathered around TVs.  

I went outside to make sure equipment was accounted for since nobody was doing their job and saw two F-16's cutting across the sky and thought "Well they are running Air Cover over Washington, this is the real deal."  I spent the rest of the day closing down our program and catching updates as they were released.

The next day we were scheduled for Israel.  

In what capacity were you, active duty, air force?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/11/19 at 18:57:32

"In what capacity were you, active duty, air force?"

Private Contractor.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print