Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Guess You Can't Pray It Away... (Read 210 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Guess You Can't Pray It Away...
09/03/19 at 18:09:50

Conversion therapy crusader has something to say: He's gay

SPARTANBURG, S.C. - A South Carolina man who founded one of the nation's biggest conversion therapy ministries has something to say: he's gay.

The Post and Courier reports Hope for Wholeness founder McKrae Game came out of the closet this summer, nearly two years after he was fired from the faith-based conversion therapy program. He's now trying to come to terms with the harm he inflicted when he was advocating for religious efforts to change a person's sexuality.

“Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,” Game told The Post and Courier. “Because it’s false advertising.”

The 51-year-old also is trying to find his place in a community he's assailed for at least 20 years. Game is one of several former movement leaders who have left the pulpits of heterosexuality, come out as LGBTQ and condemned conversion therapy as a dangerous and misleading practice.

Currently, 18 states and Washington, D.C., ban the practice of conversion therapy for minors, according to Movement Advancement Project, an LGBTQ think tank. South Carolina, however, is not one of these states.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/conversion-therapy-crusader-has-someth...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Guess You Can't Pray It Away...
Reply #1 - 09/04/19 at 03:58:49

No, you probably can't. I wouldn't say never, but I wouldn't plan a program around it.

2-3% of the population have abnormal sexual deformities. We know that.

Between people in authority in today's world who push prayer as a conversion therapy and similar people in authority who allow grade schoolers to claim gender reidentification; which is more common, which harms more children and which is more likely to be embraced, encouraged or even celebrated by the widespread news and entertainment cultures?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/04/19 at 06:20:25

WebsterMark wrote on 09/04/19 at 03:58:49:
No, you probably can't. I wouldn't say never, but I wouldn't plan a program around it.

2-3% of the population have abnormal sexual deformities. We know that.

Between people in authority in today's world who push prayer as a conversion therapy and similar people in authority who allow grade schoolers to claim gender reidentification; which is more common, which harms more children and which is more likely to be embraced, encouraged or even celebrated by the widespread news and entertainment cultures?

"Abnormal Sexual deformities"?  Really?  What's "abnormal"?  What's "normal"?

I don't know about you, but I never had to "choose" who I am - I just am.  That goes for all the gay folks I know.  They don't choose to be gay, they just are.

What's more - they pose no threat to anyone.  But that doesn't stop the Christian right, the conservatives and other homophobes from peddling fear.  This conversion therapy is a perfect example.

But to compare that to being inclusive to the LGBT community is ridiculous.
How can being empathetic and understanding be "harmful"?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/05/19 at 03:57:21

I think practically by definition, in any large group, if you're in the 2% range, you're outside the norm.

I don't know about you, but I never had to "choose" who I am - I just am.  That goes for all the gay folks I know.  They don't choose to be gay, they just are.
I agree 100%. You can't fake that. You either are, or you are not. But people have all types of inherent behavior that they take specific actions to control.

What's more - they pose no threat to anyone.  But that doesn't stop the Christian right, the conservatives and other homophobes from peddling fear.  This conversion therapy is a perfect example.
The % of Christians who threated homosexuals is minimal and getting smaller everyday. It's frankly a non-issue, but it does make a handy issue to bring up. I would challenge you to say you're gay, go visit 20 churches at random and see how many ask you to leave.

I would think if you did some research, you'd find people who claimed conversion therapy guided them to a different lifestyle. I would never suggest any health or social institution direct anyone to go to a church and get saved from their gay sin.

Face it, you posted that article to try and make an issue out of something which is so very minor in the big scheme of things. But you be you.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/05/19 at 06:27:50

WebsterMark wrote on 09/05/19 at 03:57:21:

I think practically by definition, in any large group, if you're in the 2% range, you're outside the norm.

I agree 100%. You can't fake that. You either are, or you are not. But people have all types of inherent behavior that they take specific actions to control.

The % of Christians who threated homosexuals is minimal and getting smaller everyday. It's frankly a non-issue, but it does make a handy issue to bring up. I would challenge you to say you're gay, go visit 20 churches at random and see how many ask you to leave.

I would think if you did some research, you'd find people who claimed conversion therapy guided them to a different lifestyle. I would never suggest any health or social institution direct anyone to go to a church and get saved from their gay sin.

Face it, you posted that article to try and make an issue out of something which is so very minor in the big scheme of things. But you be you.

No, I pretty much posted it to show how ridiculous it is to try and "pray the gay away" and to shine a light on the hypocrisy of some Christians.

Further, I support LBGT equality, not privilege.  You know, like how a gigantic organization pays no taxes...that kind of privilege... like the Church.

And lastly, I love to see homophobes put in their place.  If it's 3% of the population, why do homophobes make such a huge deal of it?  It's fun to watch them squirm!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/05/19 at 07:16:47

To quote a few people

They just didn't go far enough.
Yes, a twisted heart can be made straight, but Only through prayer. A man can see his faults, the things in his heart that are an abomination in the eyes of God, but he can't fix it. Only through a sorrowful heart, praying for change, will change come. And then, only in God's time. Twenty years may not have been enough. I had a different problem and it took longer. But I knew that if I died before I was saved, I'd never see heaven, and IN being saved, we
Become a new creature,
And Ezekiel 36:26 says
I will remove your heart of stone and replace it with one of flesh..

And now, I FEEL things that I didn't know anyone felt. I feel absolute Joy when I meditate on the things God has taught me. People Treat me differently.
I can absolutely say
Proper prayer, Diligently pursuing God, and a contrite heart will be rewarded.

Pray until something happens.
If it's eating at your guts and you know it's against God, how could anyone ever stop asking for it to be fixed?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/05/19 at 09:30:22

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/05/19 at 07:16:47:
To quote a few people

They just didn't go far enough.
Yes, a twisted heart can be made straight, but Only through prayer. A man can see his faults, the things in his heart that are an abomination in the eyes of God, but he can't fix it. Only through a sorrowful heart, praying for change, will change come. And then, only in God's time. Twenty years may not have been enough. I had a different problem and it took longer. But I knew that if I died before I was saved, I'd never see heaven, and IN being saved, we
Become a new creature,
And Ezekiel 36:26 says
I will remove your heart of stone and replace it with one of flesh..

And now, I FEEL things that I didn't know anyone felt. I feel absolute Joy when I meditate on the things God has taught me. People Treat me differently.
I can absolutely say
Proper prayer, Diligently pursuing God, and a contrite heart will be rewarded.

Pray until something happens.
If it's eating at your guts and you know it's against God, how could anyone ever stop asking for it to be fixed?

I'm thankful I never had to choose or pray for my sexuality....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 09/05/19 at 10:16:02

Like I said
Me neither
Wrong in the eyes of God is wrong.
The bible addresses sexuality.
Read it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/05/19 at 11:38:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/05/19 at 10:16:02:
Like I said
Me neither
Wrong in the eyes of God is wrong.
The bible addresses sexuality.
Read it.

Yeah, I have read the Bible.

But I like shellfish and not stoning my neighbor when they work on the Sabbath and not taking my brother's wife as my own when he dies and wearing clothing of different weaves and mixing my dairy and.....

Well, you see jog - the Bible is one big contradiction to Christianity.... and it's wrong on so many things, how can you trust it?

Capeesh?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 09/05/19 at 11:49:56

You may have read it
But you don't understand it.
Jesus saved the lamb on the Sabbath.
You're unable to see the difference between the old and new testament.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 09/05/19 at 12:36:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/05/19 at 11:49:56:

So, what did Jesus say about homosexuality?...
I get that he condemned all sex outside of marriage,.. but you've got a lot bigger problem than 2 or 3% of people with that.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/05/19 at 12:45:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/05/19 at 11:49:56:
You may have read it
But you don't understand it.
Jesus saved the lamb on the Sabbath.

So... I shouldn't kill my neighbor if he works on the Sabbath?

If you follow the Bible, can you eat shellfish?

Grin

I know one thing jog - you cannot have the New without the Old.

All or nothing.  Hey, that's the way you treat Muslims... turnabout is fair play.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 09/05/19 at 13:24:19

God, in all his wisdom, realized he really screwed up with his first book, so he wrote that second one.
It's good to be able to admit you were wrong when you're omniscient.
His third one was the Quran and had mixed reviews but still sold well.
The forth was limited edition just for the Mormons.
Nobody takes that one seriously.

All in all,.. I'd say he's no Shakespeare...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 09/05/19 at 13:59:16

I know one thing jog - you cannot have the New without the Old.

You're totally ignorant.
And I am done.
Arguing the bible with godless people is a fruitless endeavor.

I actually posted what I said for others.
I knew what you lefties would say.

Pearls/ Swine..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 09/05/19 at 14:00:13

Serowbot wrote on 09/05/19 at 13:24:19:
God, in all his wisdom, realized he really screwed up with his first book, so he wrote that second one.
It's good to be able to admit you were wrong when you're omniscient.
His third one was the Quran and had mixed reviews but still sold well.
The forth was limited edition just for the Mormons.
Nobody takes that one seriously.

Phhht, lost,,

All in all,.. I'd say he's no Shakespeare...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 20:20:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Guess You Can't Pray It Away...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.