Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Labor Day morning reading (Read 98 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Labor Day morning reading
Reply #15 - 09/03/19 at 10:39:08

Eegore wrote on 09/02/19 at 21:31:41:
 I must not have structured my question appropriately.

"Why, because we all have preconceived notions and bias, we can't help it, its the way our brain works."

Is it plausible that there are topics that a human can be questioned about and that human will have no preconceived notion or bias?

I think it's possible, through personal observation, that humans can have topics presented to them that they are either completely unaware of, no have no interest in.

I guess if you are a zombie....you can, however, and Web sorta alluded to this with his mention of love....

Homo sapiens seem to be the creation most capable of having emotions....
These emotions weigh heavily on our discerning abilities, as we can see how emotions have the capacity to cause much hate and grief, when put into overt actions.....
But on the other end of that spectrum, they can create empathy, nurturing, and caring...or love, the opposite of hate.

We use instincts, on deciding many things, without having to use emotions, to reach a understanding, for instance, coming in out of the weather.....
If we were to allow evolution to decide, then it would provide us with gills/scales, or fur.

Another avenue to discernment is accessed through tradition.
What has worked for others, in the past.

I think all things work to find their comfort zone, the path to least resistance, both physically, and spiritually.....and that can indeed be seen in nature, or naturally.....
Reacting in a manner to influences, that come into our lives.
As in, a rain drop finds its way back to the cloud, from which it came.....

Be it running down a mountain side as a stream to the ocean, or back through evaporation before it ever hits the ground.....  

Who knows the cycle of life....???

Not I, that is for sure, I can guess, that is all.
We can weigh possibilities, and depending on who is looking for a answer, can promote their own findings as the best possibility.....

Everything else is just, dust in the wind......nothing new to be ascertained, tho asked by new generations, the answer is unattainable to mankind, no matter how smart he thinks he is  Wink          

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 09/03/19 at 13:49:13

"I guess if you are a zombie....you can, however, and Web sorta alluded to this with his mention of love...."

I'm not posing my question appropriately.  I am not talking about a human with disabilities.

Can a human who is not altered to a point of unawareness to their environment, not a vegetable, of age and mental capacity that allows for communication and abstract thought process be questioned about a topic and that human will have no preconceived notion or bias?

Very specifically why does is a human required, as in must, develop a pre-conceived notion or bias about this subject?  Or are you saying that any and all subjects ever presented will have a pre-conceived notion or bias?  

For instance I have no pre-conceived notion or bias about the circulatory system of freshwater eels.  When asked of this I have no reason to be bias about any debate regarding how a freshwater eel circulates blood.  

I don't see what it is about this topic that mandates one formulate a pre-conceived notion or bias.  It's literally only a question about where humans might have come from.  

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 09/03/19 at 14:07:36

Eegore wrote on 09/03/19 at 13:49:13:
 For instance I have no pre-conceived notion or bias about the circulatory system of freshwater eels.  When asked of this I have no reason to be bias about any debate regarding how a freshwater eel circulates blood.  

One would wonder why you thought eels had blood.
Was it a pre-conceived notion?

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 09/03/19 at 14:55:10

verslagen1 wrote on 09/03/19 at 14:07:36:
Eegore wrote on 09/03/19 at 13:49:13:

One would wonder why you thought eels had blood.
Was it a pre-conceived notion?

PERECT......!!!

The reason you have no bias about a eel, is because.....you find no need, or interest, in the eel, itself....which you must have arrived at that decision, based on some form of reasoning, you just didn't fart in out your butt, did you?

Now Versy surely finds the eel of interest to him, that is why he replied.....
But again, that is my own belief/opinion, stating that......
He might not care one twit about the eel itself, no, but finds long, skinny, slimy objects shaped in this manner, his tang......  Shocked

Well Versy?    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/03/19 at 15:12:49

"One would wonder why you thought eels had blood.
Was it a pre-conceived notion? "

Again I offer an example that doesn't clearly exemplify my question but that's ok, I am incapable at this time of presenting the question in a way that clarifies that a human without disabilities can be asked a question about a topic they do not know about.

So by pre-conceived notion you mean any knowledge of a topic at all?

As in a question about the origin of man has a pre-conceived notion because one is aware that there is time prior to the question and that humans existed in that time?

I was interpreting pre-conceived notion as having a conceptual idea about a topic without evidence being presented about that topic prior to questioning.

As in I am aware of eels, I am aware that they may or may not have blood, but am not aware that there is a debate about the way their circulatory system works.

When I am asked if I think their circulatory system works through Method A, or through Method B, my pre-conceived notion is limited to knowledge that eels exist and nothing more.  I can create a bias based off of my knowledge of other animals, but why "Must" I do so?  And why would I have done that prior to knowledge of the debate to begin with?

Why would it be a requirement?  Why can I not have an opinion, or a bias prior to questioning and after being questioned say "F uck I don't know" or "Why would I care?"

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 09/03/19 at 15:36:23

Eegore wrote on 09/03/19 at 15:12:49:
 I was interpreting pre-conceived notion as having a conceptual idea about a topic without evidence being presented about that topic prior to questioning.

I think you're misquoting the scientific process.

See something, state a hypothesis, experiment to see if the hypothesis is correct.

A pre-conceived notion is simply a hypothesis.

There is nothing wrong with a pre-conceived notion.

If you see a snake on the ground, you chop it up and it bleeds all over the place.  You know it has blood.
You see an eel, you hypothesize it has blood, you put a spear thru it, it bleeds... qed.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 20:19:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Labor Day morning reading

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.