On my second HD muffler (Read 80 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
On my second HD muffler
08/30/19 at 13:13:59

I'm at 34K miles and I just finished installing my second HD muffler. The one I just took off had gotten unbearably loud. I'll probably try to take it apart to see if it can be fixed. This second HD muffler did not fit the same way so I had to adapt my previous adapter. Can you say ugly? It'll have to do for now as I did not have the materials necessary to make a better looking adapter. Anyway, what a difference, it sounds good and I don't have to wear ear plugs.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: On my second HD muffler
Reply #1 - 08/30/19 at 13:57:08

Yup,.. I'm just on my third... First one used lasted about 16k, second near new lasted about 25k...
Keep blowing the center baffle out...

Good thing they're pretty cheap.
I have a like new pair in reserve so I won't be in a panic next time...  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 08/30/19 at 13:59:57

Have tried fixing one of these? I ask cause the one I just took off was much easier to adapt and looked better. This second one ..... well, I got it mounted and it sounds good but it is a bit ugly.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 08/30/19 at 21:14:37

I have learned to put one of these in each end of anything and it makes for a quiet muffler .   I've been using a 12" shorty with one of these in each end.  Smiley

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Universal-48mm-Motorcycle-Exhaust-Silencer-Muffler...

2YAAOSwdW9aQnmd" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.com/itm/Emgo-Shorty-Muffler-Chrome-12-inch-long/322960850199?epid=171202663&hash=item4b31f77d17:gShocked2YAAOSwdW9aQnmd

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 08/31/19 at 05:07:27

springman wrote on 08/30/19 at 13:59:57:
Have tried fixing one of these? I ask cause the one I just took off was much easier to adapt and looked better. This second one ..... well, I got it mounted and it sounds good but it is a bit ugly.

I made a mandrel that mounts a hole saw to cut out each end of the baffle, then a new core can be welded in place.  I can alter the length of the baffle to make it less restrictive and a bit louder.

Let me know if you want a Mega Dyna made.

I found the thread that shows it in the Rubber Side Down - search for Mega Dyna.  I am in a hotel and the right mouse button is broken, and I can't paste a link into this thread.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 08/31/19 at 20:39:26

Thanks for the info MM and Dave. I was going to drill out the rivets today to see what it looks like inside but I ran some errands on the bike this morning and by 1 pm  or so when I finished it was just too hot to stay out there any longer. So my youngest son and I went to the gym, binge watched Black Lightning, went out for dinner, and binge watched some more Black Lightning. Oh well, it is not often that my son and I get to spend that much time together. Hopefully I will look at it tomorrow.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 09/01/19 at 03:55:28

The right button works on the mouse at this hotel!

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1412879119/8#8

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 09/01/19 at 13:49:33

Thanks Dave. I actually found it and read through it last night.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 16:20:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › On my second HD muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.