Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Oh Man, Not Another One (Read 369 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Oh Man, Not Another One
Reply #15 - 08/29/19 at 13:25:45

Thanks everyone, got the plywood sorted out and will put the panels up Friday. Pretty much have everything ready except for filling up a bunch of buckets with tap water for washing. Need to drop the level of the pool next.
  Worked my bee hives today strapping them down onto their cinder block bases, they weren't happy and popped me twice. Shouldn't of been wearing shorts. LOL
 I'm a bit pragmatic about it, what happens will happen, I'm just doing my best to protect what's mine.
 I remember back when I was young and dumb going out and body surfing right after a hurricane. Taught me to respect the forces of nature, had a great time but got humbled by the surf.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #16 - 08/29/19 at 14:03:16

I live in Belhaven NC, where the Pamlico Sound meet the Pungo and Pamlico rivers. Bad flooding with any hurricane. 5 feet in the garage. I can't swim, ( grew up in Bronx NY ) so I wear a life jacket during hurricanes.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 08/29/19 at 16:30:41

I'm just doing my best to protect what's mine.

That's why you wore shorts...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 08/30/19 at 07:21:37

This thing is growing fast....

The effects extend way out there already, strengthening it even more....

Ya all hang on!

This is a good  site to watch:  

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-77.30,...

Just zoom in on Dorian.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #19 - 08/30/19 at 12:26:01

"That's why you wore shorts" Ha Ha, good one JOG.
I'm all buttoned up, plywood in place and generator sitting on the back porch with 15 gallons of gas ready to go. Dug the camping stove and a  propane tank out for cooking when we loose power. Have some lanterns ready and the flashlights all charged up. Four hours of hot work done, now the wait begins.
   Wednesday is when they say it will hit or go south or north or over to the gulf, somebody is going to have a bad week here in Florida.
 Even found my rain slicker so guess I'm as ready as I can be. The weather channel is calling for a possible Cat 4 at landfall, Yikes !!.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 08/30/19 at 15:21:29

I'm just watching out for you, Ed,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 08/31/19 at 07:37:19

Look like it might just veer north and go to Georgia......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #22 - 09/01/19 at 12:17:19

Finalized all my prep today, re-filling plastic spring water bottles with tap water, kind of a no brainer for water storage. Also have about 30 gallons of mixed buckets and jugs for water storage.
 Cross braced the roll up shop door with a couple of 2x4's for extra support and wrapped the bike in a tarp. Not sure what else I can do except wait.
 Hoping that if the storm rolls up the coast it will hit Canaveral which sticks out into the ocean and will get pushed out off shore some before it gets to Daytona Beach. Even a 10 mile shift off shore will help.
 Guess I'll cancel my trip up to St Augustine next week, sounds like that town is going to get seriously flooded.
 They are now calling for it to hit my area mid Tuesday.  Sad

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #23 - 09/01/19 at 13:12:00

Scary storm ! Prayers for all in its path.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #24 - 09/01/19 at 20:26:19

I think it will get closer to NC than Florida.  There is action building in the ocean behind this one also. The ECMWF models are usually the best, but are hard to find. We still have all of Sept. and Oct. to go. Don't like it.  Embarrassed

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #25 - 09/01/19 at 21:30:27

Good luck EdL

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #26 - 09/01/19 at 22:03:38

turn baby turn.

good luck ed.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #27 - 09/02/19 at 05:22:45

Storm is now moving at 1 mph over the Bahamas with 185mph sustained winds with gusts up to 220mph.  
Storm surge and heavy rain.
How do you survive a storm that strong when it could last for 24 hours where you are.  
I would get out of the way...WAY out of the way.

Will your house survive 200mph winds ?

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #28 - 09/02/19 at 07:19:53

Ed,  I am in Palm Beach county waiting to see if it wants to come to my place, or go up to see you.
Cloudy, some rain bands passing over, and not much at all for wind. I am 3 miles from the ocean and not too worryed about storm surge. They say 35-50 mph winds overnight tonight, not good, but, could be a lot worse.
Try this site..

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2019-08-28-tropical-storm-dorian-hu...

Gives you info updated hourly without the hype of the local TV.  If you just watch local TV they try to scare you into being glued to them or you will die, or worse!
All we can do is sit it out, and wait till it's over.

« Last Edit: 09/02/19 at 09:32:18 by verslagen1 »  
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #29 - 09/02/19 at 10:14:57

Badwolf thanks for the link, getting tired of hearing about the storm hitting Georgia or Jacksonville, just worried about our little stretch of coastline and when it will get here.
 Be safe you will get hit before me. Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 22:18:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Oh Man, Not Another One

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.